Australia Ticket Sales Update - TTY, 26 Sept 2012

Information From True-To-You Website

Ticket sales information
26 September 2012

Morrissey's concert at the Enmore Theater in Sydney has sold out on the first day of sales, with all 2,400 tickets gone. There are less than 100 tickets left for Morrissey's concert at Sydney Opera House, and 3,487 tickets sold on the first day for Morrissey's concert at Melbourne Festival Hall.

--
UPDATE 9/28:

Link posted by MORRIZSEY:

Revised ticket sales information, 27 September 2012, TTY

"According to an article posted today on the Altsounds website, in addition to Morrissey's concert at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney having sold out, Morrissey's concert at the Sydney Opera House has now also sold out, in just over 24 hours, and Morrissey's concerts in Wellington, Auckland, Brisbane, and Melbourne are all selling fast."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I did my part and managed to round up 9 other fans of varying degrees including yours truly. The tickets for the Opera House must have gone fast cuz I only managed to get back row of the floor seats but I'm happy as hell. I performed in the school choir and dance group there when i was a kid. I can't believe Morrissey will be playing there! It is such a beautiful location to walk around and drink at the bar and to top it off with a Moz gig I am at a loss for words! Even though I have used quite a few here :)

- marred.

Well I did my part and managed to round up 9 other fans of varying degrees including yours truly. The tickets for the Opera House must have gone fast cuz I only managed to get back row of the floor seats but I'm happy as hell. I performed in the school choir and dance group there when i was a kid. I can't believe Morrissey will be playing there! It is such a beautiful location to walk around and drink at the bar and to top it off with a Moz gig I am at a loss for words! Even though I have used quite a few here :)

- marred.

you are so very lucky! I just realised he was playing there too and was disappointed to see it's sold out. To see him in such a setting will be beautiful. He's done very well for sales at all concerts. Have fun!

I am so lucky. I managed to get two centre front row seats for the Opera House show!

Got mine today!

76886_10151179487788713_1261862256_n.jpg

262977_10151179487848713_1811751684_n.jpg

Pre-review

Kristeen Young came on and then went off crying.

Morrissey came on early, Boz wore a dress, the band wore t-shirts saying "Slam in the lamb"

Setlist :- All the oldies

Oh and by the way did you know Morrissey remains without a record deal. Goodnight all.

Revised ticket sales information, 27 September 2012, TTY

"According to an article posted today on the Altsounds website, in addition to Morrissey's concert at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney having sold out, Morrissey's concert at the Sydney Opera House has now also sold out, in just over 24 hours, and Morrissey's concerts in Wellington, Auckland, Brisbane, and Melbourne are all selling fast."

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_120927_01

Pre-review

Morrissey came on early, Boz wore a dress, the band wore t-shirts saying "Slam in the lamb"

Oh and by the way did you know Morrissey remains without a record deal. Goodnight all.

I bet this is spot on....should be interesting to see if KY actually does go off stage crying-tired of her sad act and what tees the lads are going to be wearing.

Pre-review

Go away.

- marred

Got my tickets emailed to me so that I can print them, not risking any stuff ups in the mail or at the door, I know you can purchase insurance with them and all that, but screw it, mine are ready to go :D
3,487 in day one for festering hall is pretty good, I wonder how many tickets they actually released, the capacity is about 5400, so whether they released that many or less I'm not sure, generally they don't release much more than 5000 tickets for the big things so that it's not too crowded in that shit hole. God I can't wait!

Got my tickets emailed to me so that I can print them, not risking any stuff ups in the mail or at the door, I know you can purchase insurance with them and all that, but screw it, mine are ready to go :D
3,487 in day one for festering hall is pretty good, I wonder how many tickets they actually released, the capacity is about 5400, so whether they released that many or less I'm not sure, generally they don't release much more than 5000 tickets for the big things so that it's not too crowded in that shit hole. God I can't wait!

Got mine emailed as well. Printed out copy at home and the email still sitting in my inbox.

Vector Arena is quite large and can hold 12,000. I'd be surprised if it reached capacity for Morrissey, although I would like to be proved wrong.

I'm glad Morrissey isn't appearing at Laneways. Those bands aren't worthy to even stand in the shadow of Morrissey. Bat For Lashes!?

There's some good stuff at Laneways this year (ok not Bat For Lashes), but I don't think Morrissey would fit in, I've never really liked the idea of him at festivals full stop, he just always has been a better stand alone performer on his own rather than part of a line up where people play after him on the same stage.

Pre-review

Good post, if you think about it this pre-review could be apply to all his gigs these days! Never mind the cash register must weigh heavy on his back eh!

Seems like some people just want to shit on Moz no matter what the occassion, it still begs the question why they bother coming here? There are things that I personally don't think are perfect, I think the song writing has stagnated, while I don't have such a problem with Jesse's live playing I don't think he's a good writer and Boz has run out of steam, the setlist needs major shaking up etc.. there's just things you'd rather see happen ... but at the end of the day when it comes to these threads, we are 2 countries that haven't seen him in 10 years and are extremely excited about it and can look past the imperfections and enjoy the rare opportunity that we're going to get compared to those in UK/Europe/US who get chances to see him regularly and have the luxury of being able to freely complain about such things. I don't particularly care this time if Boz is in a dress or the setlist is the same as the last tour, it's all going to be fresh to us, so take the complaining off to other places.

Seems like some people just want to shit on Moz no matter what the occassion, it still begs the question why they bother coming here? There are things that I personally don't think are perfect, I think the song writing has stagnated, while I don't have such a problem with Jesse's live playing I don't think he's a good writer and Boz has run out of steam, the setlist needs major shaking up etc.. there's just things you'd rather see happen ... but at the end of the day when it comes to these threads, we are 2 countries that haven't seen him in 10 years and are extremely excited about it and can look past the imperfections and enjoy the rare opportunity that we're going to get compared to those in UK/Europe/US who get chances to see him regularly and have the luxury of being able to freely complain about such things. I don't particularly care this time if Boz is in a dress or the setlist is the same as the last tour, it's all going to be fresh to us, so take the complaining off to other places.

Yes your spot on in everything you say because he could'nt be bothered to come your way for ten years, but now he's more than happy to come and do a karaoke party for you.
He should cover the Jesse J song for you and change the line to "Its all about the money money money"

So what? It sucks he didn't come here for ages, but now he is and we're going to a gig. I don't see your point? You sound like you need your diaper changed with all that whinging.

I'm sure there are many "money money money" reasons behind it and we have been more frustrated and angry by it than anyone, but right now, it's actually happening, and we just want to enjoy it.

Last edited:

I couldn't have said it better myself. Don't bother to engage with the trolls. It's a waste of time.

- marred.

I am lucky enough to live in the UK and have seen him quite alot over the past few years. I have to say he is quite posibly performing the best I have ever seen. I am also lucky enough to have tickets for all 4 Autralian gigs am so excited to be seeing him at the opera house, dont have the best seat but really don't care. December just can not come soon enough.

Got mine today!

76886_10151179487788713_1261862256_n.jpg

262977_10151179487848713_1811751684_n.jpg

Just bought 2 front row seats for the Opera House and will be selling my other two in circle A when they arrive if anyone's interested.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom