Auckland - Vector Arena (Dec. 15, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / November Spawned A Monster / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Still Ill / Everyday Is Like Sunday / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart / Black Cloud / Speedway / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Let Me Kiss You / I Know It's Over / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by redod

• Morrissey – Vector Arena December 15, 2012 - review by Kathryn van Beek, photos (by Alexander Hallag, 13 total), The 13th Floor. Link posted by an anonymous person.

morrissey-7475.jpg
  • Concert review: Morrissey, Vector Arena review by Shandelle Battersby - The New Zealand Herald. Link posted by Librarian On Fire and Bryce Edwards.
  • It's Morrissey's world, review by Vanessa Mellor - Stuff.co.nz. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Considering the ticket says doors open at 8, could you still expect Moz on stage as early as 9?

An unwavering fan for 24 years, there was never any question that I would travel from Christchurch to Wellington and then Auckland to see Morrissey perform, even though it meant carting my baby and a babysitter around the country with me. What I never expected, in a million years, was to meet Morrissey's band and incredibly, the man himself, in the airport lounge (we were on the same flight from Wellington to Auckland), and to have them all sign my tour T-shirt, bought the night before. Morrissey was incredibly gracious and charming, and he cut a fine figure in a sharp dark suit. I told him of my four-man touring band and thanked him for a wonderful performance the night before (I inadvertently cut off my husband who was attempting to thank him for the show - I didn't even see him standing there). Morrissey seemed genuinely humbled. Straight after signing my shirt he agreed to a photo with another fan that had made the same journey as me from Christchurch. This fan (donned in a tour shirt) told me afterwards that it had made his life. I spent some time too chatting to Morrissey's band members who were remarkably friendly and unassuming – really great guys - not to mention dashing. As for the gigs, well they were amazing. Morrissey's voice was sublime, the band was tight, and the set list was a dream. I got a heap of attention at the Auckland gig in my signed shirt, and had a good chat with Morrissey’s really friendly security, that recognized us from the airport. Lots of people at the gig asked me if I had really met Morrissey and what he was like, with a few asking if they could 'stroke' his signature. Everyone said something along the lines of not knowing what they would say to him if they ever met him. I would have thought exactly the same thing, but hey, I don’t think it matters what you say. I was just happy to let him know that in this corner of the world, there’s someone else that really really loves him. The gigs alone would have made me a very happy woman indeed, but meeting Morrissey and the crew was truly surreal. Actually, maybe it was all a dream?

Cheers. Yeah the crowd was typical of Auckland. Right at the end I had some f****wit climb up on people's shoulders including mine hoping to get on stage. Pointless really 'cos I'm pretty short. Security did nothing. The girl beside me as very angry at that behaviour. There was also that nice bit before "To Give" where he said "All I want(need?) is a comfortable bed, clean sheets....(I can't remember the rest). No where near as chatty as I was anticpating. Anthony on the drums was really good. Strong performance there from him. I did notice that they seemed to be using the keyboards a lot to fill up the sound. I think that might have been because of Boz's broken arm. Lots of the 20 year kids only knew the words to The Smiths songs. When it came to "Fatty" they looked a bit blank.

the last bit from that chat you are looking for was - "all I want is a comfortable bed, clean sheets ......... and no in-laws!!" Very funny I thought!

loved the gig..got completely rat arsed, and got some of Boz's picks, heaps of photos too. Stone Roses next

Just a heads up guys.I recorded the entire Auckland show and once I have had a chance to edit it will upload it somewhere for all to share.In the meantime heres a taste
https://soundcloud.com/fenderboynz/pplmgwiwfy

Thanks for recording the Auckland show. I look forward to hearing it when you have time to upload it. I thoroughly enjoyed both the NZ shows. I'd be very keen to hear any of the Wellington show if someone recorded that too.

Good gig in Auckland.

Sounds good Fenderboy - I'm looking forward to reliving the gig :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom