Attn: Fans on tour and stuck in Baltimore

jp.xx

what's there to do here all day? does anyone know any good places to go get drunk or something?

Well, there's a bunch of stuff down by the Inner Harbor. The National Aquarium is there, and there's a ton of shopping. If you eat seafood, there are a lot of restaurants that serve Maryland blue crab (plenty of food for us veggies as well).

I lost out on the Philly show, and now I guess I should just give up now on my Borgata tickets. I was actually looking forward to it--my husband and I had a hotel room for two nights too. Bummer!

There's a great used CD store, The Sound Garden, down in Fells Point. I haven't been there for about 10 years, but I remember going ape shit at all of the stuff they had from the bands that I was collecting back then.

From their site:
BALTIMORE

1616 Thames Street
Baltimore, MD 21231

From the North:
Take I-95 South towards Baltimore. Exit onto Eastern Avenue West into the city. Turn left at Broadway (Fells Point's main strip). Take Broadway all the way to the water and then turn right onto Thames Street. The store is located on the right side of the block. There is free Sound Garden parking directly next to the store.

From the South:
Take I-95 towards Baltimore. Exit onto I-395 towards Downtown/Inner Harbor. Turn right onto Pratt Street East towards Fells Point. Turn right onto Broadway and then right again onto Thames Street.

From the West:
Take I-70 East towards Baltimore. Exit onto I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) South towards Glen Burnie. Exit onto I-95 North towards Baltimore then exit onto I-395 towards Downtown. Turn right onto Pratt Street, then right onto Broadway, and finally another right onto Thames Street.

Store Hours
10AM - 10PM: SUN - THU
10AM - Midnight: FRI - SAT

Well, there's a bunch of stuff down by the Inner Harbor. The National Aquarium is there, and there's a ton of shopping. If you eat seafood, there are a lot of restaurants that serve Maryland blue crab (plenty of food for us veggies as well).

Yes, the aquarium is a must-see. The Ram's Head Tavern is a good place to eat, too. Fells Point is chock-full of great little family Italian restaurants (like Boston's North End, if you've been there). If you're in that pedestrian mall near the venue, then you've already seen half of what Baltimore has; the Inner Harbor has the rest.

for some reason baltimore is full of amazing second hand bookstores and they all have amazing rare things for like 3 bucks i would be creaming my granny panties if i were there.

check out normals
425 east 31st
they sell records too . unbelievable selection of spoken word records.

if you find me a james baldwin record I will give you one million fortune cookies!

have fun!

Back
Top Bottom