Morrissey Central "ATTENTION BMG RECORDS (LONDON) !!!" (November 11, 2022)

0-1_zajfhc.jpg

My god this content on Central is embarrassing. It's like someone has studied Trump's social media style over the last several years and concluded "That's the way to use the internet!!" Awful stuff.

Cut the desperation, Morrissey.

If they don’t want to sign you, that is their prerogative (and their loss).

Living well is the best revenge.

yes, that's the way I read it: I'm still popular despite some of the bad press!

But is he? Was Morrissey Day somehow a big deal in Los Angeles yesterday? Did Monica Rodriguez lead a parade in tuxedo drag, with Miley Cyrus on a float crowned as Morrissey Day Queen?

If there was a just "Morrissey Night" at some club, with a middle-aged DJ spinning the hits, and some random tattooed Moz Army hipsters, I'm not interested (if I'm an executive at BMG).

it seems it needs to be said.
The fact that it's directed specifically at a UK record label adds to my suspicion that this is more than just negotiating for a better deal. It could just be, of course, that the UK record labels don't think he sells enough any more, hence this is supplying the evidence that he still means something to lots of people, at least in LA. Or is their reluctance to sign him something more political?

Cut the desperation, Morrissey.

If they don’t want to sign you, that is their prerogative (and their loss).

Living well is the best revenge.

Is he desperate? I don't know...

Is he teasing? Is he kidding? I find it difficult to guess what's on his mind.

The fact that it's directed specifically at a UK record label adds to my suspicion that this is more than just negotiating for a better deal. It could just be, of course, that the UK record labels don't think he sells enough any more, hence this is supplying the evidence that he still means something to lots of people, at least in LA. Or is their reluctance to sign him something more political?
Maybe they don't want the hassle that comes with signing morrissey for the sake of only selling a few thousand albums.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom