Atlanta Show - 6/4 - CANCELED

Boz's dog died. i heard that is what caused the cancellation.

I had been waiting for this show since 2012 when it first got cancelled. Now, this is what, the fourth time? I was planning on going to Atlanta from my home in North Carolina to see Moz play live and it meant so much to me. I've been counting down the days forever (it was to be my first time seeing him). What the f*** is happening? I actually can't believe it, though I really should believe it by now. My girlfriend just has given up caring about seeing him live at all she is so used to it. Maybe he really just doesn't care anymore. Either that or he just honestly is no longer able to withstand such a touring schedule. Either way I am so incredibly disgusted and disappointed. He should at the very least release a personal statement.

Oh, Dear. I hope Morrissey and his crew feel better soon. Sorry to hear the show has been cancelled for all who had tickets.

I knew flying from Costa Rica for those three shows (Boston, Baltimore and DC) was a huuuuge Russian roulette game. But then again we'd done it before in even worse proportions (Manchester 2004, Coachella 2009, Hollywood 2013) and it'd worked out!
And the premonition was imminent: Mozingo , my cat, had to be hospitalised this very morning due to an golf ball thing that bulged out of its belly. A few hours later I was sighing with relief hearing my vet on the phone reporting that what I thought was a hernia was just an 'abscess' and he would drop Mozingo back in the evening :) , when my heart sank right back minutes later hearing the news that the ill one was now the actual MOZ, only in his case it was more of an 'excess' of Miami booze, yet quite probably resulting in a similarly-looking belly. As my Mozingo stumbles around my living room, still half doped, my prayers go for Moz's quick virus/hangover recovery right now.
I am also praying , if it's really a virus, for Kristeen to be incubating it and fall ill for our shows, as Moz makes a breathtaking comeback instead!

This is the 2nd year in a row he's canceled a show I held tickets for. He's truly a piece of shit. He's not sick, he's f***ing entitled. He has his head shoved so far up his pretentious asshole that he could careless about anyone else. He lives in LA, he should leave. Americans don't conduct business like this. We have work ethic and respect for other people. We honor our responsibilities. If I were England I wouldn't want to claim his sorry ass either. He hates it so much and doesn't like the monarchy, maybe he should go back to the piss poor village in Ireland where he came from. Milk a goat or two and rot!

Wow it seems we've run out of people to pin the illness on so the whole payroll has been infected this time around, once again it seems our supa hero Ste-Mo is on the ropes.
His insurance must be astronomical.
Has another wheel fell off the covered wagon ?
Have Harvest records pulled the plug ?
Will we ever hear this "miracle album" ?
Will we find him in a ditch ?
Will it be left to Tosserrey to explain the situation (Again ?)
On another note though well done Lynne and Boz with the record store and wine plonk ( get them diarys out Boz it's time to tell all about the importance of working with Lord Mudslide )
Johnny ! Please stay true to Manchester and NEVER work again with Liverpools answer to Manchester (Ringo Starr).
(This could have all been put on Jackies shoulders surely ? )

Old Tosserrey made it a little farther than I predicted.

I thought the wheels would fall off by the time he reached Texas but no it was Florida.

Maybe he's held up in South Beach filming a new episode of Gay Watch with Pamela A.

Benny I love the new signature

I had been waiting for this show since 2012 when it first got cancelled. Now, this is what, the fourth time? I was planning on going to Atlanta from my home in North Carolina to see Moz play live and it meant so much to me. I've been counting down the days forever (it was to be my first time seeing him). What the f*** is happening? I actually can't believe it, though I really should believe it by now. My girlfriend just has given up caring about seeing him live at all she is so used to it. Maybe he really just doesn't care anymore. Either that or he just honestly is no longer able to withstand such a touring schedule. Either way I am so incredibly disgusted and disappointed. He should at the very least release a personal statement.

I'm from NC, too, and I hate to say it, but his record of cancelling at the last minute is the reason why I didn't buy a ticket for this show. I've been a Moz fan since '89. My first show was in '92 and I've seen him live several times. I learned a lesson from the four times he cancelled from 2009-2012. Work is really important and I just felt that I'd be taking a risk asking off and spending loads on travel. Pains me to say this because I know he's just human and people get sick...But, he gets sick A LOT. :(

Last edited:
I live in Atlanta and volunteer at the venue. In the history of the Cobb Energy Centre, no one has cancelled four times. This is absolutely a slap in the face to his audience. I really feel for all of you who travelled to see him here. He doesn't deserve anyone's money.

Kristeen is on Each is and kick the bride. I think she does a great job. Natural born backing singer

She's going to curse the album like she's cursed this day. BUT, we get to feel sorry for her, that's right where she likes it. Poor Kristeen doesn't get to play. Poor Kristeen doesn't get paid. Poor Kristeen is only the backup singer. Toxic. Swap her out for a theramin is the best idea I've heard all day.

Third time in a row he's cancelled here...Is shit considered vegetarian?

She's going to curse the album like she's cursed this day. BUT, we get to feel sorry for her, that's right where she likes it. Poor Kristeen doesn't get to play. Poor Kristeen doesn't get paid. Poor Kristeen is only the backup singer. Toxic. Swap her out for a theramin is the best idea I've heard all day.

She brings bad luck wherever she goes, she's a trouble maker, she's KY disease, please someone find a cure for her, or at least make her shut up.

And yes, I know she's not really the cause of the cancelation, I just can't stand the woman, that's all.

Just suspecting that there might be a correlation between handsome football players at his hotel and the cancellation. When is the next time this will happen?

>> According to the show’s promoters, Morrissey, the touring crew and opener Kristeen Young have come down with a virus. The show was selling robustly, with only a couple of rows of rear mezzanine seating still available Tuesday

Man, every single person?!? they really should've reconsidered and come to Atlanta anyway -- the CDC is *here*!

I feel lucky that I've only had one show cancelled: Olympic Sports Arena, Los Angeles, Summer 1994.

(Cancelled a couple weeks after tickets were sold without Morrissey's consent.)

I question anyone who would buy a ticket to see Moz and respond with such venom and hatred after a cancellation.

The truth is, Morrissey has been this way since day one. He's always been entitled, even when he was on the dole.

I know there's a difference between reading about his flakiness at concerts and experiencing it firsthand, but have some perspective, folks. The reason he's still relevant at 55 is because *that bloke doesn't compromise*. He doesn't respond to your needs, he doesn't consider your feelings, he only responds to criticism with greater rage. He follows the flame, and he goes where it leads him. And if he says he's sick, he's sick. And if you hate him for cancelling, he'll be only too happy to hate you back more.

If you'd rather follow artists who are ready to hug and comfort you, go ahead, choose *anybody*. There's plenty who'll bend to your will.

Maybe Cobb Count(r)y should rethink its anti-gay, misogynistic, racist, and paramilitary politics? Just a thought. I live in Atlanta, and I will not spend a single penny in any of these places. Morrissey, enjoy the Cheez-its, and I will see you in far-off... well, not Cobb County.

I question anyone who would buy a ticket to see Moz and respond with such venom and hatred after a cancellation.

The truth is, Morrissey has been this way since day one. He's always been entitled, even when he was on the dole.

I know there's a difference between reading about his flakiness at concerts and experiencing it firsthand, but have some perspective, folks. The reason he's still relevant at 55 is because *that bloke doesn't compromise*. He doesn't respond to your needs, he doesn't consider your feelings, he only responds to criticism with greater rage. He follows the flame, and he goes where it leads him. And if he says he's sick, he's sick. And if you hate him for cancelling, he'll be only too happy to hate you back more.

If you'd rather follow artists who are ready to hug and comfort you, go ahead, choose *anybody*. There's plenty who'll bend to your will.

The sole wise thing I've ever read on this cesspool of a site. Give me your hand so I can kiss your ring, damnit.

The sole wise thing I've ever read on this cesspool of a site. Give me your hand so I can kiss your ring, damnit.

*warm embrace*

I have a ticket for the Chicago performance, personally. I've seen him three times in my life without incident, and it shall be up to the fates whether or not I'm four times lucky.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom