Athens postponed

UPDATE 5:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's concert in Athens postponed, not because of his failing health - The Times Of Change

Excerpt:

The news came amidst speculation that his deteriorating health was the reason for the postponement, but it appears none of that is true. Morrissey missed the last leg of his flight from London to Athens due to a delay of the first leg from Dublin. Therefore tonight's Athens concert has been postponed with a new date to be announced soon. Already purchased tickets will naturally be valid for the new date.

An anonymous user posted in the earlier thread in Greek, had to use google translate:

We would like to inform you that according to the official announcement of the production scheduled today Morrissey concert postponed.

Will implement a new update with the new date of which will apply the same tickets.

We are at your disposal for any clarification or query tel 13855 & 2117700000 (Customer Service)
or via e-mail at [email protected]

Anonymous;1986892276 said:
Θα θέλαμε να σας ενημερώσουμε ότι σύμφωνα με την επίσημη ανακοίνωση της παραγωγής η προγραμματισμένη σημερινή συναυλία του Morrissey αναβλήθηκε.

Θα ακολουθήσει νέα ενημέρωση με την νέα ημερομηνία διεξαγωγής στην οποία θα ισχύουν τα ίδια εισιτήρια.

Είμαστε στην διάθεσή σας για οποιαδήποτε διευκρίνιση ή απορία στα τηλέφωνα 13855 & 2117700000 (Τμήμα Εξυπηρέτησης Πελατών) ή μέσω e-mail στο [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Athens postponed

If I ran TTY...:D

15769152079_5eb07eeb47_c.jpg

Someone said he sneezed during Staircase in Dublin I think. I looked for it a few days ago and it was literally the only song not uploaded from the night. Maybe he has a real cold and he's slow to make a TTY update about it since it's on him.
I've seen Morrissey play that song on five occasions this tour, and every time he ends with that sneeze in exactly the same place.
It's a fake 'comedy' sneeze. Well, I presume it's for comedy value. There's obviously some reason why he does it every night, but it's not a sign he has a cold.

Sad news for all those who had tickets to the show, and regrettable that the cancellation was so late in the day for those incurring travel/accommodation expenses.

Guys I'm based in Athens and yes I have a ticket for tonight's gig - that never happened. Just to let you know so you can stop the speculations, the gig is almost sold out.

We are all very upset over here. Not only due to the last minute's cancellation but mainly due to the organisers arrogance. They released a short (and inaccurate) press release at 17:00 and disappeared since then! I'm an Athenian so I'm lucky but there are people that came to our city from all over Greece and nearby countries for this gigs. Now, that's really shit for them not knowing what's going on.

Anyway, I'm off, fingers crossed Morrissey is OK and we'll get another chance to see him again.

PS: On a different note: it's rather sad when the only stereotype foreigners use to refer to Greeks is Zorbas!

Hahahahah...

At least it seems turning up at cancelled Morrissey gigs is a good way of making new friends!
They didn't even have a notice outside the venue so everyone had to make three circles around the building before finding out what has happened from the guard.

Posted on Instagram by @grezza_cash. Morrissey at Heathrow today:

10817830_323663031168146_1149650308_n.jpg

(Thanks, Eurydice.)

OMG I am all ears. :horny: Loooooooooove. Instagram filter makes it look like he has eczema but that ear and headrest hair...want.

How do you know what was stated isn't right? Bring evidence please. I'm sure you'd like to help fans understand.

P.

How do YOU know it IS right? f***ing narrow-minded bullshit, as always from you. Where's YOUR evidence, mate?

Why does Skinny believe everyone else is always wrong and he is always right, even though there's never anything there to back this up? And why does he always go into a fit when his dreary, cold and hateful world view is questioned? AND WHY THE HELL IS HE HERE WHEN HE DOESN'T LIKE MORRISSEY?!

What's a "beige Mac." Is that Instagrammer referring to his coat? Is there a coat called a mac?

Nope, he sneezed at the end of Staircase in London.

However, someone posted in Dublin post-show thread that he was often coughing during the gig.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...1-2014)-post-show?p=1986891402#post1986891402

That was me, and it was more than once. Several times. I was front row in Boston in June when he was horribly ill and this wasn't nearly that bad, but definitely noticeable. We were closer in London and saw none of this. It wasn't his fake sneeze, it was legit, off mic and twice saw him blow his nose with his back turned. There were a few off notes hit too, which wasn't the case in London either. Still, he put on a great show (as he did in Boston too!)

- - - Updated - - -

What's a "beige Mac." Is that Instagrammer referring to his coat? Is there a coat called a mac?

= waterproof coat

If thats the Moz in that instagram, he has lost 20 kilos in a 4 days.
Twice it has happened to me, finding out the show was cancelled while at the venue! One time I was in the parking lot waiting for the venue to open when I turned on the radio to a grown man weeping, with the dj, laughing at him. I thought it was funny thing until the dj explained that the guy was crying because the Moz gig had been cancelled.

How do YOU know it IS right? f***ing narrow-minded bullshit, as always from you. Where's YOUR evidence, mate?

Why does Skinny believe everyone else is always wrong and he is always right, even though there's never anything there to back this up? And why does he always go into a fit when his dreary, cold and hateful world view is questioned? AND WHY THE HELL IS HE HERE WHEN HE DOESN'T LIKE MORRISSEY?!

This is part of your ongoing campaign for honest, open and civil discourse on here, is it Gregor?

Dude, Moz has pulled his regular bullshit. Whats your obsession with Skinny?

Goddam those ears. It's pushing all my buttons and I got shit to do. It's the angle from above or something. Usually the back of headshots are from the pit but here you can see down into his ear. Love.

Goddam those ears. It's pushing all my buttons and I got shit to do. It's the angle from above or something. Usually the back of headshots are from the pit but here you can see down into his ear. Love.

Those are some tuggable ears. Ummmmm.....

This is part of your ongoing campaign for honest, open and civil discourse on here, is it Gregor?

I'm sorry for the swearing. Other than that - yes. Sane, honest and relevant questions.

There's no obessesion with Skinny. His awful attitude just rubs me wrong way. And he's promoting it non-stop. In a way he's worse than the more obvious trolls here (Brummie, Benny and Johnny).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom