Athens postponed

UPDATE 5:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's concert in Athens postponed, not because of his failing health - The Times Of Change

Excerpt:

The news came amidst speculation that his deteriorating health was the reason for the postponement, but it appears none of that is true. Morrissey missed the last leg of his flight from London to Athens due to a delay of the first leg from Dublin. Therefore tonight's Athens concert has been postponed with a new date to be announced soon. Already purchased tickets will naturally be valid for the new date.

An anonymous user posted in the earlier thread in Greek, had to use google translate:

We would like to inform you that according to the official announcement of the production scheduled today Morrissey concert postponed.

Will implement a new update with the new date of which will apply the same tickets.

We are at your disposal for any clarification or query tel 13855 & 2117700000 (Customer Service)
or via e-mail at [email protected]

Anonymous;1986892276 said:
Θα θέλαμε να σας ενημερώσουμε ότι σύμφωνα με την επίσημη ανακοίνωση της παραγωγής η προγραμματισμένη σημερινή συναυλία του Morrissey αναβλήθηκε.

Θα ακολουθήσει νέα ενημέρωση με την νέα ημερομηνία διεξαγωγής στην οποία θα ισχύουν τα ίδια εισιτήρια.

Είμαστε στην διάθεσή σας για οποιαδήποτε διευκρίνιση ή απορία στα τηλέφωνα 13855 & 2117700000 (Τμήμα Εξυπηρέτησης Πελατών) ή μέσω e-mail στο [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
He's lost his marbles. All together now... Like Athens.

Re: Athens postponed

It's just a case of the seven P's really

Piss poor planning and preparation leads to piss poor performance !
Maybe the budget can't afford a tour manager and once again the wheel has fallen off the covered wagon or you never know they could be rehearsing the set list with the new drummer/lawnmower part.
Nobody knows, it's Tosserrey's world and cancer, sorry cancel is his middle name.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Ps today around 250 prize turkey's met their maker whilst listening to various Smiths/Toss
Songs apart from W P I N O Y B cause it's shit.

My goodness. I feel ashamed reading that post. How must you feel ?

He's lost his marbles. All together now... Like Athens.

"...and some of us, alas, are English. And what do we have, apart from your Elgin Marbles?...there are more stolen goods in Buckingham Palace than anywhere else in the world!" Morrissey on stage Athens July 2012 Lycabettus Theatre

Perhaps he couldn't be arsed. Perhaps he knows that London and Dublin cannot be surpassed.

I would've thought flying out midweek is a darned sight cheaper than a Friday.

Hope he fulfils his other concert commitments but have a sneaky feeling the tour is done.

Hope he fulfils his other concert commitments but have a sneaky feeling the tour is done.

Would he bail on his beloved Istanbul?

Lycabettus "Theatre".
That looks like someone parked a flatbed truck in an empty lot. Tiny audience.
No wonder he felt he could skip it this time around.

Parliament should just set aside funds to pay the drummer.

Perhaps he couldn't be arsed. Perhaps he knows that London and Dublin cannot be surpassed.

I would've thought flying out midweek is a darned sight cheaper than a Friday.

Athens-Istanbul-Belgrade-Zagreb-Gronigen-Tilburg-----Athens? That's a long ride from Tilburg to Athens & back and ££££££££££ of petrol. In a few days I expect it will be cancelled like Lausanne, once someone does the sums.

best
BB

"...and some of us, alas, are English. And what do we have, apart from your Elgin Marbles?...there are more stolen goods in Buckingham Palace than anywhere else in the world!" Morrissey on stage Athens July 2012 Lycabettus Theatre

This is another good example of Morrissey again using pure factual inaccuracy to make a point. It's incredibly lazy.
Of course, if the Greeks had Stonehenge he'd be calling for it not to be returned.

How do you know what was stated isn't right? Bring evidence please. I'm sure you'd like to help fans understand.

P.

Someone said he sneezed during Staircase in Dublin I think. I looked for it a few days ago and it was literally the only song not uploaded from the night. Maybe he has a real cold and he's slow to make a TTY update about it since it's on him.

Someone said he sneezed during Staircase in Dublin I think. I looked for it a few days ago and it was literally the only song not uploaded from the night. Maybe he has a real cold and he's slow to make a TTY update about it since it's on him.

He did, but my recollection is that he did the same in London, I think it was one of those funny asides that he does, I don't think it was a real sneeze.

Jay

Nope, he sneezed at the end of Staircase in London.

However, someone posted in Dublin post-show thread that he was often coughing during the gig.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...1-2014)-post-show?p=1986891402#post1986891402

Last edited:
Dublin - Athens = circa 3700kms
NYC-L.A = circa 2800kms

Whoever scheduled the dates left days of leeway for the equipment trucks to get across theIrish/Sea, Channel & down to Athens. It seems bizarre that anyone would assume a mid-day flight from Dublin to Athens with a change in London made any sense. Would you leave NYC late morning and expect to make a gig in L.A with a change in Atlanta, say?

Perhaps it was touch and go with a cold and then it was too late to make it...let's wait for the 'official' explanation on TTY

best
BB

Here's some more translation related to all of this:
Postponed = CANCELLED!!!

The Anna Calvi stint is over. She is fantastic. Curiously, those shows with Anna went off without a blip. Now, these jackasses are left to their own devices and they come up with this mystery. Why not skip the whole scary Balkan trip altogether?
He'll play the Netherlands...Maybe Turkey, too...and with himself.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom