Athens postponed

UPDATE 5:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's concert in Athens postponed, not because of his failing health - The Times Of Change

Excerpt:

The news came amidst speculation that his deteriorating health was the reason for the postponement, but it appears none of that is true. Morrissey missed the last leg of his flight from London to Athens due to a delay of the first leg from Dublin. Therefore tonight's Athens concert has been postponed with a new date to be announced soon. Already purchased tickets will naturally be valid for the new date.

An anonymous user posted in the earlier thread in Greek, had to use google translate:

We would like to inform you that according to the official announcement of the production scheduled today Morrissey concert postponed.

Will implement a new update with the new date of which will apply the same tickets.

We are at your disposal for any clarification or query tel 13855 & 2117700000 (Customer Service)
or via e-mail at [email protected]

Anonymous;1986892276 said:
Θα θέλαμε να σας ενημερώσουμε ότι σύμφωνα με την επίσημη ανακοίνωση της παραγωγής η προγραμματισμένη σημερινή συναυλία του Morrissey αναβλήθηκε.

Θα ακολουθήσει νέα ενημέρωση με την νέα ημερομηνία διεξαγωγής στην οποία θα ισχύουν τα ίδια εισιτήρια.

Είμαστε στην διάθεσή σας για οποιαδήποτε διευκρίνιση ή απορία στα τηλέφωνα 13855 & 2117700000 (Τμήμα Εξυπηρέτησης Πελατών) ή μέσω e-mail στο [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Athens postponed

Dude. Seriously. Don't you see the problem in that statement? You want to be able to criticize yet you troll all others who are critical. Why do you get to decide what is up for critique? You are acting like a control freak. I suggest you back off and let others express their opinions--even ones that make you uncomfortable.

I question them, yes, since this is a fan forum. Yet they come on here, day in day out, and lambast Moz (and us) with incessant hatred. I think it's worth debating.

But me questioning the haters is for some reason out of order and I should "back off and let others express their opinions". But when I express my opinions I'm a control freak and whatnot. Makes no sense.

And why is that everyone who actually likes Morrissey is instantly and compulsively branded either a sycophant or an arse-kisser by the haters? Again, this is a fan forum. A forum for fans. You're not automatically an airheaded sycophant for simply liking and/or connecting to someone. It's preposterous.

I was shocked when I saw the heathrow photo. He's been steadily losing weight during this whole tour and I'm really worried.
Yeah, have to agree with that, I was on the front row in Dublin and was very close to moz and when he took his shirt off I was shocked at how thin he looked, I hope for the best but fear the worst, our thoughts and prayers are with you morrissey

Yeah, have to agree with that, I was on the front row in Dublin and was very close to moz and when he took his shirt off I was shocked at how thin he looked, I hope for the best but fear the worst, our thoughts and prayers are with you morrissey

Yeah, he's almost as thin as he was in the Viva Hate era, and that worries me. I hope it's nothing.

Hoping for the best while fearing the worst?

That sounds exhausting.

I question them, yes, since this is a fan forum. Yet they come on here, day in day out, and lambast Moz (and us) with incessant hatred. I think it's worth debating.

But me questioning the haters is for some reason out of order and I should "back off and let others express their opinions". But when I express my opinions I'm a control freak and whatnot. Makes no sense.

And why is that everyone who actually likes Morrissey is instantly and compulsively branded either a sycophant or an arse-kisser by the haters? Again, this is a fan forum. A forum for fans. You're not automatically an airheaded sycophant for simply liking and/or connecting to someone. It's preposterous.

You are attacking the poster and not their argument. That is the problem. Tackle their points with intelligent retorts. If you are unable to do so then take their opinions with a grain of salt. Do you have to impose your view upon everyone? Do you do this IRL as well? How frustrating. Didn't anyone tell you can only control your own behavior? Not the behavior of others? If you want to change minds, learn the art of persuasion. Otherwise you are wasting your breath and making yourself look like a whiny brat.

You are attacking the poster and not their argument. That is the problem. Tackle their points with intelligent retorts. If you are unable to do so then take their opinions with a grain of salt. Do you have to impose your view upon everyone? Do you do this IRL as well? How frustrating. Didn't anyone tell you can only control your own behavior? Not the behavior of others? If you want to change minds, learn the art of persuasion. Otherwise you are wasting your breath and making yourself look like a whiny brat.

They impose their opinions on other people as much or as little as I do (only louder). What's the difference?

I have tackled their hatred and their outbursts with plenty of intelligence, but nothing much happens. Instead people like you pop up and do your utmost to defend the nature of this site and making me out to be some despot. You didn't respond to anything I said in my last post. Instead you made all of this stuff up.

They impose their opinions on other people as much or as little as I do (only louder). What's the difference?

I have tackled their hatred and their outbursts with plenty of intelligence, but nothing much happens. Instead people like you pop up and do your utmost to defend the nature of this site and making me out to be some despot. You didn't respond to anything I said in my last post. Instead you made all of this stuff up.

What you said was completely rational, sensible and grounded. realitybites' response didn't have anything to do with your post.

The problem is that what you said actually made quite a lot of sense. And it's obvious. People don't like realizing that they're acting irrationally, so they attack.

What you said was completely rational, sensible and grounded. realitybites' response didn't have anything to do with your post.

The problem is that what you said actually made quite a lot of sense. And it's obvious. People don't like realizing that they're acting irrationally, so they attack.

Thank you, friend. That's something that plagues this whole site. And people like that, in general. Tiresome. You're never right with these people.

Thank you, friend. That's something that plagues this whole site. And people like that, in general. Tiresome. You're never right with these people.

As long as you consider someone else simply writing an opinion with which you disagree as them somehow imposing that opinion upon you, you will struggle. It seems to me you would really like opposing opinion closed down entirely. Otherwise every post which offends you could be considered an attempt to deliberately upset you, which, I need hardly add, is utterly mental.

Morrissey continues to stumble from one disaster to another, as he has done for some years now. The latest happened just a few short hours ago. His latest wheeze is losing band members like my girlfriend loses phone chargers. It would be strange if those pertinent issues were not examined, sometimes critically.

I fully agree with Gregor Samsa.
There is a difference between fair criticism and vile hate.
Too many comments on this site is driven by the latter.

As long as you consider someone else simply writing an opinion with which you disagree as them somehow imposing that opinion upon you, you will struggle. It seems to me you would really like opposing opinion closed down entirely. Otherwise every post which offends you could be considered an attempt to deliberately upset you, which, I need hardly add, is utterly mental.

Morrissey continues to stumble from one disaster to another, as he has done for some years now. The latest happened just a few short hours ago. His latest wheeze is losing band members like my girlfriend loses phone chargers. It would be strange if those pertinent issues were not examined, sometimes critically.

What I find imposing is the bile and the hatred. Not opposing opinions, per se. And the fact that one is considered to be a sycophant or an arse kisser for simply loving Morrissey and being a fan, although this is a FAN FORUM.

How I am imposing opinions on other people I fail to fathom. I question the hatefulness, but to no avail. And I am vocal about it being incredibly weird sitting on a forum dedicated to someone you detest. This is not an outrageous opinion to have. It's natural to feel this way, you must agree?

But the only thing you haters seem to come up with is ranting on and on about imposing opinions and shouting "sycophant!" right left and centre. You very rarely respond to what is exactly being said in the posts (something Trask also acknowledged).

Debating this seems to be a dead end. I don't believe I am able to actually change anything here (or get any of the haters to admit they're acting foolishly).

But why? Why do you feel that you need to constantly challenge a pop singer that you don't like? This is a sincere question, and I think that the fact that you fail to answer shows that you do know that what you're doing is kind of silly. It's your right to spend lots of time doing this, and it's my right to ask you why. You don't have to answer, but this doesn't change the fact that consistently running away from the question is sort of embarrassing. Morrissey is acting childishly, but so are you.

I don't like Kanye West. In fact, I think that he's a bit of an asshole. So wouldn't it be ludicrous for me to spend hours on a forum dedicated to Kanye West? Why would I be obsessed with the fact that a pop star somewhere is an asshole? I'd be wasting time, and destroying myself deliberately swimming in hatred. The main question is, do you sincerely believe that you're achieving something by dedicating this much time to Morrissey? Do you think that you're communicating with Morrissey? Do you think that something bad would happen if you stopped?

As I said, you don't have to answer. I'm pretty sure you're not going to. But I can still ask these questions. They make a lot of sense.

Last edited:

It's the classic 'them' or 'us' situation.

If you question Morrissey at all - you are met with hostility from those, for whom he can do no wrong.
If you decline to question any of his moves/decisions or motives, you are met with hostility from those, for whom your views appear sycophantic.

This leaves the moderate middle, open to attack from both sides.

All the while, people invariably tell other people to shut up and piss off when differing opinions / attitudes are encountered. It actually amuses me more that folk can't just ignore, everyone feels the need (and the hypocrisy of me typing is not lost on me :) ), to throw in their own take and pass judgement on everyone else.

I've long noted in life, that most people cannot just accept a different opinion and that it may/may not be valid, but that the validity is irrelevant, as it is just an opinion. If your opinion differs from their view - it can't be due to rational thought - as otherwise your rational thought would match theirs - thus you either don't understand, or you are a dick. I remain amused.

Here's some of my own opinions now - enjoy, dissect, disseminate, disagree, ignore - it matters not - they are merely opinions and they are as irrelevant as the wind on a blustery day.

- I love the vast majority of the music of The Smiths and Morrissey
- I think Morrissey has the most wonderful singing voice, to me it is peerless.
- I love his poetic way with words and the banter when he is on stage.
- I think he is a good looking man, though as I'm not that way inclined, the frink threads actually somewhat perplex me - the notion of his sexuality as irrelevant to me, as it has always purportedly been to him.
- I enjoy discussing the music, the lyrics, the discographies, the tour setlists.
- I don't overly enjoy the speculation discussions, particularly relating to band lineups or illness - it's frankly, none of my business. I will learn of line up changes in due course, and Morrissey's health is not my concern. As a fan, I only have the right to information about him, that he wishes to put in the public domain.
- I don't feel that Morrissey owes me ANYTHING - even when I buy a ticket to a gig - it is my privilege to see him perform - I get the goosebumps, every time. I have been in the position where I have shelled out cash for cancellations before - Isle Of Wight a few years back - that cost me a bundle as I had boats, car hire and flights all paid for to see him - I was disappointed, but even more excited and nervous for when I would see him next. He could cancel on me a dozen times and this wouldn't change - he does something to me, that no other artist can replicate (In the non frink way ;) )

Now - here's the killer - I also think the guy can be a complete and utter prick - from the way he treats people in his entourage, flavour of the month -> shit on the shoe in the drop of a hat. To his seemingly slightly warped world view of everything continually conspiring against him. Cancelling gigs so very late in the day, without so much as a proper explanation or hint of regret. As I've stated previously - these behavioural lapses cause me no real concern at all, and don't alter any previous opinions - it's just worth noting that his farts don't all smell of roses - but some of us understand that everyone farts :)

ANOTHER regularly scheduled Moz clusterf***, and he cannot be criticized.
UNREAL. another tour cancellation with thousands of fans and somehow we have to praise him. LOL

Gregor, Trask... You want to hear it again? Really? How dense are you two?

The difference between Morrissey and Kanye West is that West makes a fool of himself by raising Narcissistic Personality Disorder to an art form, or trying to sell leather jogging pants. Morrissey uses the deaths of terror victims, those who commit suicide, or holocaust victims, to drive ticket sales. I'm astonished you even had to ask, frankly. If you genuinely cannot see the difference you have a severe problem. West is a cretin, while Morrissey is evil.

Morrissey deliberately courts controversy, while hiding behind email interviews with amateur journalists who are absolutely terrified of him. He is a coward and a fool. When he is challenged, by people in red sweaters, for example, he attempts either to bully them, or he storms off like a petulant child. His dangerous, vile opinions which impress his less intelligent followers deserve to be challenged.

I think that's the fifth time I've had to tell some of you dimwits in the last ten days. That's the last time.

You have no credibility to set yourself up as arbiter of what is a 'reasoned critique'. You have the option to Ignore anyone who disturbs you, but choose instead to ventilate indignant disapproval. Why should anyone care about your failure to restrain yourself from these outbursts? Just put people who annoy you on 'ignore' then get on with kissing Morrissey's arse.

best
BB

I feel like I've shown tremendous restraint in not reacting more strongly. Practically all I ever see from you is disapproval of whatever Morrissey has or hasn't done. I genuinely do not know how I will cope when Morrissey is gone...I cannot stand by and read the daily carving up of the greatest singer songwriter England has and ever will produce. It is sickening. Anyone who shows any loyalty to Moz is branded an arse - kisser, which tells you much about the agenda of the establishment here.

- - - Updated - - -

Gregor, Trask... You want to hear it again? Really? How dense are you two?

The difference between Morrissey and Kanye West is that West makes a fool of himself by raising Narcissistic Personality Disorder to an art form, or trying to sell leather jogging pants. Morrissey uses the deaths of terror victims, those who commit suicide, or holocaust victims, to drive ticket sales. I'm astonished you even had to ask, frankly. If you genuinely cannot see the difference you have a severe problem. West is a cretin, while Morrissey is evil.

Morrissey deliberately courts controversy, while hiding behind email interviews with amateur journalists who are absolutely terrified of him. He is a coward and a fool. When he is challenged, by people in red sweaters, for example, he attempts either to bully them, or he storms off like a petulant child. His dangerous, vile opinions which impress his less intelligent followers deserve to be challenged.

I think that's the fifth time I've had to tell some of you dimwits in the last ten days. That's the last time.

What a load of absolute dingoes - kidneys.

This is actually fairly fair minded advice, I'm assuming you would hold the same POV when Skinny offers up one his patented (and ever so charming) 'oh f*** off's?'

No JB, that's not the point - and in any case it could equally be said of YOU that you wish to stifle any opinions that don't coincide with your own. And besides, you never "examine pertinent issues critically" - all you do is regurgitate the same prejudice and hatred, and then shout down and insult anyone who disagrees with you and brand them a sycophant or a Yes-man. That's not critical debate, JB, that's just trolling. You simply don't have the intellect, the credibility or the impartiality to offer any meaningful examination of anything. It's just name-calling and vitriol.

And you STILL haven't offered a plausible reason for spending so much time here every day. When challenged to do so, you just say "Oh, not that old chestnut again" as though you've answered it time and time again. But you haven't. You've never once given a plausible explanation for the amount of time you spend on here. We've established that you never engage in critical debate (as can be seen from your own words). Name-calling and vitriol appears to be the only reason why you come here (sounds like a dictionary definition of a troll to me) and yet you have the temerity to describe what you do as some kind of mission to call a pop star to account - which, even if plausible/true, would be the saddest and most pathetic waste of time on the planet. As anyone can see from reading your posts, you are beset with just as many contradictions and inconsistencies as any other human being (Morrissey included). The idea that your regard yourself as somehow having more moral integrity or intellectual credibility than others (whether it's Morrissey or other people who post on here) is laughably narcissistic. This is an internet forum, JB, which means ALL of it is ephemeral and ultimately irrelevant. Why bother? Unless you seriously believe that you are somehow going to affect Morrissey's career - and if you genuinely believe that, then you're not just a troll, you're a DELUDED troll too.

maybe we should not upset Morrissey by expecting him to complete ONE tour. we should simply send him the ticket money directly with a note stating there is no need for him to show up.
thank you and give me another.

*eyes rolling*

I think people only challenge Johnny and ask him to repeat himself because he's so totally full of shit and his adolescent responses are so incomprehensibly nonsensical and divorced from reality that it amuses others to watch him repeat the same bollocks over and over...

Didn't Johnny mention in an earlier post that he has a girlfriend who loses phone-chargers? Right. And yet he's on the net for hours late on a Saturday night... What a fulfilling relationship that must be. Either that or she's yet another figment of his fevered imagination.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom