Athens postponed

UPDATE 5:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's concert in Athens postponed, not because of his failing health - The Times Of Change

Excerpt:

The news came amidst speculation that his deteriorating health was the reason for the postponement, but it appears none of that is true. Morrissey missed the last leg of his flight from London to Athens due to a delay of the first leg from Dublin. Therefore tonight's Athens concert has been postponed with a new date to be announced soon. Already purchased tickets will naturally be valid for the new date.

An anonymous user posted in the earlier thread in Greek, had to use google translate:

We would like to inform you that according to the official announcement of the production scheduled today Morrissey concert postponed.

Will implement a new update with the new date of which will apply the same tickets.

We are at your disposal for any clarification or query tel 13855 & 2117700000 (Customer Service)
or via e-mail at [email protected]

Anonymous;1986892276 said:
Θα θέλαμε να σας ενημερώσουμε ότι σύμφωνα με την επίσημη ανακοίνωση της παραγωγής η προγραμματισμένη σημερινή συναυλία του Morrissey αναβλήθηκε.

Θα ακολουθήσει νέα ενημέρωση με την νέα ημερομηνία διεξαγωγής στην οποία θα ισχύουν τα ίδια εισιτήρια.

Είμαστε στην διάθεσή σας για οποιαδήποτε διευκρίνιση ή απορία στα τηλέφωνα 13855 & 2117700000 (Τμήμα Εξυπηρέτησης Πελατών) ή μέσω e-mail στο [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Athens postponed

The inevitable dreaded last leg of "need money fast so bleed the Euros tour 2014". With the exception of Athens, places that no sane person would be caught dead in.

It's easy to be "caught dead" in most US towns because most of you are busy shooting or choking each other. In fact Athens is a hideously overcrowded shithole, whereas Istanbul and Belgrade are very beautiful.

I was chastised on here for stereotyping Americans, but I think you do a perfectly good job yourself you gormless twat. Now f*** off and smoke some more meth you odious waste of sperm.

I'd like to request that the new date of the show will be on Friday, just like the former one!! Despite yesterday's inconvenience, there are still people that look forward to the show but might not be able to attend it on weekdays (aka Monday-Thursday).Hope my request is going to be taken into consideration!!

Our man on the inside ?
Is Tosserrey still banjaxed, was he bubblin in Dublin, was he bunged up on spuds, was he havin the crake with his chump bononoononono,
Please tell us because that feckin site tty is as useless as world peace is none of your biz.
Let's hope he's back sucking diesel for the rest of the dates.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

delays at airports can be caused by all number of things, for instance, if the first flights of the day leave late, then sometimes they cant make up the time for the trips later on in the day, bad weather will cause air traffic control to make the aircraft take off and land with more minutes between each landing and take offs, it all adds up throughout the day, one flight lands 30 mins late and hey presto the baggage men are busy elsewhere or the aircraft fueller is on another aircraft, there were those early on saying it was all made up and now they have the photograph they will have to make something else up.. stay calm, it is only postphoned, best regards, Manc Lad

I suspect you are upset that every time you defend Morrissey's latest difficulty he goes and lives you another.

- - - Updated - - -

Neasden is cold.

Not at all. That's got nothing to do with anything. Such a weak riposte.

I on the other hand suspect that you are completely bereft of the ability to actually discuss something. To respond to what exactly is being debated. To stick to the point, to topic. When something that differs from your world view is being said you respond with something completely irrelevant, just for the sake of argument, even though the line of argument collapses the minute you start typing your nonsense. In a debating point of view you are useless, which makes this post equally useless.

I cannot believe this. Mozz should stop touring, that would be better. I was happy to see him in Paris, but the fact is that touring is not for him anymore. If cancellation happens so regularly...

I cannot believe this. Mozz should stop touring, that would be better. I was happy to see him in Paris, but the fact is that touring is not for him anymore. If cancellation happens so regularly...

Idiotic comment.
On this tour, Morrissey has fulfilled most of the dates successfully and the ones that were postponed or cancelled were unavoidable or due to poor audience behaviour. It's ludicrous to suggest he and the band had nothing better to do than head straight to Athens after Dublin. How do you know there weren't new label discussions, for example? I agree the journey to Athens should not have happened any later than Thursday, but please let's not start another f***ing Moz - bashing thread.

Seeing Morrissey live is incredible. It was a 5 year wait between my 25th and 26th show last Saturday, but my god, it will be a bleak day when he gives up. There is no artist that can match the atmosphere he creates.

Idiotic comment.
On this tour, Morrissey has fulfilled most of the dates successfully and the ones that were postponed or cancelled were unavoidable or due to poor audience behaviour. It's ludicrous to suggest he and the band had nothing better to do than head straight to Athens after Dublin. How do you know there weren't new label discussions, for example? I agree the journey to Athens should not have happened any later than Thursday, but please let's not start another f***ing Moz - bashing thread.

Seeing Morrissey live is incredible. It was a 5 year wait between my 25th and 26th show last Saturday, but my god, it will be a bleak day when he gives up. There is no artist that can match the atmosphere he creates.

I have seen Mozz many times on stage, and recently in Paris, and was so happy of that. But I can see that there have been many problems and that touring is not so simple for him now (4 or 5 venues cancelled, and one venue stopped). And I think Morrissey should have, at least, planned fewer venues. I think of people in Lyon, Lausanne, and now Athens or Istanbul, who bought tickets, airplanes tickets, for nothing. The deception must be strong.

Idiotic comment.

Very well said. And if the cancellation is due to poor ticket sales, then the issue is with the local promoter and/or Morrissey's management for accepting it.

Although of course stamford bridge and myself will now be automatically labelled "Moz can do no wrong sycophants" by the usual suspects for not towing the retarded So_Low line whereby everything that ever goes wrong in life is Morrissey's personal fault.

Idiotic comment.

4 cancelled gigs and a walk-off are still 5 too many.

Agreed that the live experience is still immense when he's on form. He should just do smaller tours of 10 or so dates. With a coherent touring itinerary.

So very very lame. If you don't want to tour then don't. But this is just sad and so stupid -why anyone would bother to buy tickets with all this nonsense is beyond me. Love Morrissey sick of hearing about How this guy can't handle his shit anymore.

I guess you're the one person on the planet who can plan multiple, huge events (in countries all over) and have every single event go off without a hitch.

Steven Patrick Morrissey f*** you!!!!

Greetings from Istanbul!

The greek promoters just posted that they are doing their best so as the gig will go ahead some time in December, but Morrissey's management hasn't given to them a clear answer yet as for the new date. He also mentions that Istanbul is postponed as well. Is it official ? So the flight delay reasons are just an excuse and probably there is something else behind the postponenement ( health issues?) ...

Guys I'm based in Athens and yes I have a ticket for tonight's gig - that never happened. Just to let you know so you can stop the speculations, the gig is almost sold out.

We are all very upset over here. Not only due to the last minute's cancellation but mainly due to the organisers arrogance. They released a short (and inaccurate) press release at 17:00 and disappeared since then! I'm an Athenian so I'm lucky but there are people that came to our city from all over Greece and nearby countries for this gigs. Now, that's really shit for them not knowing what's going on.

Anyway, I'm off, fingers crossed Morrissey is OK and we'll get another chance to see him again.

PS: On a different note: it's rather sad when the only stereotype foreigners use to refer to Greeks is Zorbas!

I studied Nikos Kazantzakis whilst navigating the Staircase At The University. He's one of Europe's greatest writers and philosophers. No lazy pun on Greek culture was intended, you just assumed....

best
BB

http://www.interkriti.org/crete/iraklion/nikos_kazantzakis.html

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you're the one person on the planet who can plan multiple, huge events (in countries all over) and have every single event go off without a hitch.

Logistics is the word you're looking for. And any decent tour manager is an expert in logistics or delegates to someone who is. Allowing a band to be in Dublin at mid-day with the hope/expectation of being gig-ready in Athens early evening is not a sign of competency. And it's seriously cavalier and disrespectful towards an audience that's travelled across Greece and from beyond it's borders.

best
BB

What's a "beige Mac." Is that Instagrammer referring to his coat? Is there a coat called a mac?

Yes, it's also called a 'raincoat'.

best
BB

"The Mackintosh or raincoat (abbreviated as mac or mack) is a form of waterproof raincoat, first sold in 1824, made out of rubberised fabric.[SUP][2][/SUP] The Mackintosh is named after its Scottish inventor Charles Macintosh"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackintosh

- - - Updated - - -

This is in fact kd lang. She's in London to turn on the Neasden Christmas lights.

No, she's in Portland with Jane Siberry:

http://www.golocalpdx.com/lifestyle/jane-siberry-to-be-joined-by-k.d.-lang-at-secret-society-on-saturday

best
BB

I'm sorry for the swearing. Other than that - yes. Sane, honest and relevant questions.

There's no obessesion with Skinny. His awful attitude just rubs me wrong way. And he's promoting it non-stop. In a way he's worse than the more obvious trolls here (Brummie, Benny and Johnny).

You're the most obvious troll here.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever Morrissey comes to Dublin he spends time catching up with family and friends. Often the hours turn into days. He unwinds in the old haunts. There have been sightings throughout this week of him drinking in Kennedy's, Bowe's and Fallon's, mooching around Mount Jerome cemetery, and dining at Cornucopia.

I guess he's just bollixed after all that. What idiot scheduled the concert immediately following Dublin on the diametric-opposite corner of Europe?

Dublin was on Monday. Athens on Friday.
Try again.

best
BB

Would he bail on his beloved Istanbul?

he just did <div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/ejektfestival/posts/10152959947047526" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/ejektfestival/posts/10152959947047526">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/ejektfestival">Ejekt Festival</a>.</div></div>

according to his management Instanbul is also cancelled, rest of the tour is on

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom