Athens - Lycabettus Theater (July 16, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Action Is My Middle Name / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Speedway / Scandinavia / When Last I Spoke To Carol / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

set list provided by an anonymous person

• Athens, Greece concert breaks attendance records - true-to-you.net - link posted by MORRIZSEY
  • Photos by e. patsialos (24 total). Link from Miss Garden.

athens.jpg

Last edited:
"If someone feels embarrased after the next song... then I will be ... glad!" and You're The One For Me Fatty starts...

He came out singing acapela "Kimberly" by Patti Smith then How Soon Is Now stopped him....

The parthenon marbles! is there nothing he won't weigh in on. Lol!

Through the lyrics of "Everyday Is Like Sunday" he whispered SLOUGH once mentioning the poem of Benjamin... He shouted "Μeet me at the fountain" at the end of the song. Last night was really hot!

Why is that? Is there a huge gap between the stage and audience? Just curious because that is one of the shows I am going to.

leopard printed dressed mini skirt woman who kiss Morrissey full on the mouth.

[one of most memorable moment this century, till now]

maybe someone has the moment [pics ] still on their PC or CD/DVD]
maybe youtube

the way Morrissey acted said it all, no words needed to explain what he thought of it:lbf:

please dear god will he ever change this set?? For someone with one of the greatest back catalogues in music I just can't for the life of me figure why he has stuck to pretty much the same set as last year with one or two changes. The running order seems to be the only thing that changes but it is the same 20 songs over and over and over. When I think of the amount of amazing songs Morrissey has I just can't figure why some of these songs remain in the set, I'm not talking about the hits or singles either. You can slag me all you want for saying this but you all know the set could be a thousand times better, you can literally feel the atmosphere change at the shows to bored shuffling of the feet during some of these songs when he really could just go out and kill it every night. Frustrating...

intro: Kimberly- patti smith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oV_COYyHKM

Morrissey on top form. Tanned and fit. He went on stage reciting verses of a poem which I cannot remember right now. His voice was great. Over than 8.000 people in a venue that could manage about 5.000. Not very energetic isntead of the first rows that were really in the mood for Moz. Pretty talkative he said to the people that the politicians are the the main cause of all the problems. Introduced the band and thanked them for being so good even under the mass attack from the mosquitos (joking for a true thing). He specially introduced Boz as Mrs Gain Attention. Before he left the stage he said : "Remember me... Remember me but... Ah! Forget my fate!.." which is a verse from the "Dido and Aeneas" opera. Sometimes the crowd was quiet (mostly from the great heat 40 c) and Moz mentioned ironically "You are being very nice tonight. So I will be nice too...". He also passed the microphone to a couple of fans. Usually silly quotes due to embarassament with Morrissey mocking and pulling his face as usual. "Shyness is nice but shyness can stop you.." a guy said with Moz asking "hmmm.. my face? shy? what?.. hmmm". The last man on microphone asked Mozzer if he had read a book that was given to him some years ago and Morrissey laughed and replied "Yes... It was boring...". Laughs from the crowd and then he gave him another book and Moz surprised said "This second one it will be better!..." shyly I think. A letter was given to him too and there was an attempt of stage invasion by a guy on front row but the Greek security was tough to let. First row was a bit far from the stage so no touching this time. Pitty. Also a quote about the Greek Marbles that should be given bak to Greece which i did not understand completely mentiong the Royal Family in this too.

Morrissey on top form. Tanned and fit. He went on stage reciting verses of a poem which I cannot remember right now. His voice was great. Over than 8.000 people in a venue that could manage about 5.000. Not very energetic isntead of the first rows that were really in the mood for Moz. Pretty talkative he said to the people that the politicians are the the main cause of all the problems. Introduced the band and thanked them for being so good even under the mass attack from the mosquitos (joking for a true thing). He specially introduced Boz as Mrs Gain Attention. Before he left the stage he said : "Remember me... Remember me but... Ah! Forget my fate!.." which is a verse from the "Dido and Aeneas" opera. Sometimes the crowd was quiet (mostly from the great heat 40 c) and Moz mentioned ironically "You are being very nice tonight. So I will be nice too...". He also passed the microphone to a couple of fans. Usually silly quotes due to embarassament with Morrissey mocking and pulling his face as usual. "Shyness is nice but shyness can stop you.." a guy said with Moz asking "hmmm.. my face? shy? what?.. hmmm". The last man on microphone asked Mozzer if he had read a book that was given to him some years ago and Morrissey laughed and replied "Yes... It was boring...". Laughs from the crowd and then he gave him another book and Moz surprised said "This second one it will be better!..." shyly I think. A letter was given to him too and there was an attempt of stage invasion by a guy on front row but the Greek security was tough to let. First row was a bit far from the stage so no touching this time. Pitty. Also a quote about the Greek Marbles that should be given bak to Greece which i did not understand completely mentiong the Royal Family in this too.

That line is also in Klaus Nomi's Death which I think was on Morrissey's "Under the Influence" compilation

Why can't Morrissey add better songs at his shows though? ....Everyone is thinking it

please dear god will he ever change this set??

With a month off to get the new drummer up to speed what did you really expect. Change the set at the same time? Not likely. Any chance for change will come with rehearsals for for the Oct US leg.

Last time that Morrissey played a House of Blues (Boston 2009) there was quite a large gap and VERY tight security. We were wanded with metal detectors upon entering. I assume it's just strict HOB policy.

And thank you for those wonderful videos, MORRIZSEY.

Why is that? Is there a huge gap between the stage and audience? Just curious because that is one of the shows I am going to.

Why can't Morrissey add better songs at his shows though? ....Everyone is thinking it

"Better" is such a subjective notion though. Your favourites might not be the next person's favourites. "Everyone" is surely only wishing he'd play THEIR favourites..? Personally I don't have a major problem with this set list (Athens), though I'd have hoped for Alma Matters. And as for new material, I think Art-hounds and Scandinavia are preferable to Action and People Are The Same. But that's just my personal taste and I'm sure there are as many different opinions as there are people in the audience. Odd that Sheila Take A Bow only appeared once in South America though, perhaps that'll be dusted off for Manchester?

What did he say about his soul at the end of "You have killed me"?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom