Athens - Lycabettus Theater (July 16, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Action Is My Middle Name / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Speedway / Scandinavia / When Last I Spoke To Carol / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

set list provided by an anonymous person

• Athens, Greece concert breaks attendance records - true-to-you.net - link posted by MORRIZSEY
  • Photos by e. patsialos (24 total). Link from Miss Garden.

athens.jpg

Last edited:
DUh ok- with fan at airport in Athens - only saw that now.

It was so great, that i nearly forgot it. Like the first time i had sex.

It's official: His Mozness is no longer in Italia

was a pleasure hosting you for those eight days.

How Soon Is Now?
You Have Killed Me
You’re The One For Me, Fatty
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Maladjusted
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
I Will See You In Far-Off Places
Action Is My Middle Name
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You
To Give (The Reason I Live)
Speedway
Scandinavia
When Last I Spoke To Carol
I Know It’s Over
Still Ill

Morrissey on top form. Tanned and fit. He went on stage reciting verses of a poem which I cannot remember right now. His voice was great. Over than 8.000 people in a venue that could manage about 5.000. Not very energetic isntead of the first rows that were really in the mood for Moz. Pretty talkative he said to the people that the politicians are the the main cause of all the problems. Introduced the band and thanked them for being so good even under the mass attack from the mosquitos (joking for a true thing). He specially introduced Boz as Mrs Gain Attention. Before he left the stage he said : "Remember me... Remember me but... Ah! Forget my fate!.." which is a verse from the "Dido and Aeneas" opera. Sometimes the crowd was quiet (mostly from the great heat 40 c) and Moz mentioned ironically "You are being very nice tonight. So I will be nice too...". He also passed the microphone to a couple of fans. Usually silly quotes due to embarassament with Morrissey mocking and pulling his face as usual. "Shyness is nice but shyness can stop you.." a guy said with Moz asking "hmmm.. my face? shy? what?.. hmmm". The last man on microphone asked Mozzer if he had read a book that was given to him some years ago and Morrissey laughed and replied "Yes... It was boring...". Laughs from the crowd and then he gave him another book and Moz surprised said "This second one it will be better!..." shyly I think. A letter was given to him too and there was an attempt of stage invasion by a guy on front row but the Greek security was tough to let. First row was a bit far from the stage so no touching this time. Pitty. Also a quote about the Greek Marbles that should be given bak to Greece which i did not understand completely mentiong the Royal Family in this too.

I guess Morrissey is not going to shake any peoples hands at Atlantic city.

here the setlist:
How Soon Is Now?
You Have Killed Me
I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
You’re The One For Me Fatty
Black Cloud
Ouija Board Ouija Board
Maladjusted
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
I Will See You In Far-Off Places
Action Is My Middle Name
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You
To Give (The Reason I Live)
Speedway
Scandinavia
When Last I Spoke to Carol
I Know It’s Over

Still Ill

Morrissey also mentioned "Greeks, so beautiful, so bronzed. And what do we have, apart from your marbles? There are more stolen goods in Buckingham Palace than anywhere else in the world."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom