Athens, Greece concert breaks attendance records - true-to-you.net

UPDATE 5:00PM PT:

Link posted by MORRIZSEY:

Press release from Susan Blond: Morrissey breaks attendance record at Lycabettus Arena in Athens - true-to-you.net
18 July 2012

Press release from Susan Blond:

MORRISSEY BREAKS ATTENDANCE RECORD AT LYCABETTUS ARENA IN ATHENS

Morrissey's July 16th show at Lycabettus Arena in Athens, Greece broke an attendance record that was previously held by Radiohead, as 9,000 people forced their way into a 5,500 capacity venue.

Security officials gave up as 3,500 broke through the main doors. The head of security, who has served the venue for 30 years, said, "I have never seen such determined people."

The stage had already been moved back 4 meters to accommodate the capacity crowd but non-ticketed patrons also lined observation points to the left and right of the arena.

Morrissey said he was "delighted and humbled" by the Athens reception and delivered a blistering set combining new songs such as "Scandinavia" and "Action is my middle name" as well as older songs including "You have killed me" and "I'm throwing my arms around Paris".

Morrissey is currently wrapping up his European tour and will hit the stage in October for his North American tour. He remains without a record deal.

crowd_at_morrissey_concert_in_athens_16_july_2012_02.jpg

From True To You:-

Athens, Greece
18 July 2012

On July 16th Morrissey's concert in Athens, Greece broke the box-office attendance record previously held by Radiohead. 9,000 people attended a 5,300 capacity venue where security said they were powerless to stop 3,700 extra people from entering the arena.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with all this, is that Morrissey dared to mention that he was delighted about his Greeks fans. There is a feeling that Moz belongs to the U.S. fans or the English ones. I have witnessed almost racist coments about "why he likes bloody Mexicans?". "Why he feels so good in Chile and not in Alabama?" "Why he schedules giggs in Oporto/Portugal as long as there is no gig in Brighton?". Many fans of Morrissey act like Madonna's fans. He should do this... He should not do that... HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS and HEART HAS A HEART OF ITS OWN you few stupid idiots. Morrissey will never be a pleaser of anyone. If he had burnt on stage the book that was given to him or whipped with the mic the front row fans in Athens many would have been really happy in here!

Totally agree. Some of the people in here are so jealous that this concert took place in Athens and that Morrissey was pleased and thankful. Your bitterness just makes us broke and lazy "Grecians" even happier.
Once again thank you Mozz. And don't let six more years pass without visiting us.

I didn't know he's now promoted by Susan Blond. She's a pr person here in nyc.
I thought he was represented by Girlie Action.

Girlie Action couldn't even issue a press release with proper grammar and spelling, so hopefully this is a permanent change.

"He remains without a record deal." I'm sensing an epitaph here.

this site is getting worse,never used to be like this.even the reviews of the concerts are crap these days.im sure mozz wouldnt have minded three and a half thousand fans who are on their knees financially drowning, the chance of a free night out.just my thoughts on it.

The problem with all this, is that Morrissey dared to mention that he was delighted about his Greeks fans. There is a feeling that Moz belongs to the U.S. fans or the English ones. I have witnessed almost racist coments about "why he likes bloody Mexicans?". "Why he feels so good in Chile and not in Alabama?" "Why he schedules giggs in Oporto/Portugal as long as there is no gig in Brighton?". Many fans of Morrissey act like Madonna's fans. He should do this... He should not do that... HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS and HEART HAS A HEART OF ITS OWN you few stupid idiots. Morrissey will never be a pleaser of anyone. If he had burnt on stage the book that was given to him or whipped with the mic the front row fans in Athens many would have been really happy in here!

There's no problem with Greece. Some don't like the press release. But there's no problem with Greece. Greece is wonderful.

So it's OK to slag me and David off but not Morrissey? Anyway, at least you have a platform to say what you want. Which you have been doing for some time now, Mr. Anonymous.

P.

If you don't like the way people use an option permitted on this site perhaps instead of chiding them for it why not just remove the option? Or alternatively, stop whining.

UPDATE !!!!!!!

Well well well, what happened to "F-ck Morrissey solo" ????

The bloke must be a nightmare to work with.

And who is Susan Blond posting on Julia's site TTY ??

I thought Jimmy Saville was a proper fruit cake but this geezer takes the biscuit.

as well as older songs including "You have killed me" and "I'm throwing my arms around Paris".

lol... hilarious!

If you don't like the way people use an option permitted on this site perhaps instead of chiding them for it why not just remove the option? Or alternatively, stop whining.

On the contrary, opinion and comment - welcome. My point was that this particular anonymous poster has been doing the same thing for a long time.

P.

Does anybody know what happened to the baby after Susan Blond threw it out of the window in one of Andy Warhol's movies?

She has interesting videos on her website, which I appreciate, even though I live in a totally differen cultural context. They certainly make U.S. movies better understandable and the information might come handy if one does business in the U.S.A. When I lived in the U.S.A. I split the bill with a guy who literally ate the hair off my head because his menues were so much more expensive than mine and he was a well earning engineer. That's emancipation for you. ;) Should have paid seperately, which I eventually did, because I went to eat on my own. :)

When I say this was a stunt - I don't doubt that the venue really was packed way beyond capacity. I believe that and the numbers given. What is a "stunt" is this press release. The key line is the last one about him not having a record deal. Morrissey wrongly thinks major labels give a shit about him selling lots of concert tickets. Concert tickets are not albums/singles and major labels don't care. Morrissey is holding out for a major label deal which will never, ever happen again. If Morrissey continues to hold out for one, Years of Refusal will be the last recorded output by Moz. He is simply too proud at this point to go indie.

Moz speaks to people during dark times, hopefully better poetry from Moz that would attract a Record label. Though with Moz who does not sell mega million records, history repeats itself after finaly signing to the Attack label, he`s in the same predicament again the music or the lyrics need to Kick Ass....

What is the point of this statement????

Is it that Greek security is crap and another Hillsborough disaster could of happened ???? Pathetic statement.

Really?

The point of the statement is to proclaim to anyone with a label: LOOK THIS UNSIGNED ARTIST CAN STILL MORE THAN SELL OUT VENUES! YOU SHOULD SIGN HIM!

K?

Let's face it - the only way Morrissey could fill a Greek theatre would be to let people in for free. That's not a reflection on him, more a case of the greekies not having 2 hapennies to rub together!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom