At last some proper news from the (nearly) horses mouth

Jones

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003667412

Morrissey Eyeing New Album, 2008 Tour

As his marathon tour in support of the 2006 album "Ringleader of the Tormentors" winds down, Morrissey is already making plans for the future. The artist has two new releases in the works and will be back on the road early next year, according to his manager, Merck Mercuriadis.

Mercuriadis says Morrissey, who was last inked to Sanctuary, will sign a new record deal to be announced soon. A greatest hits collection with two new songs and a new studio record produced by Jerry Finn, who was behind the boards for 2004's "You Are the Quarry," are on tap for 2008.

And while Morrissey has tended to stay off the road for long periods, the upcoming break will last only a few months, given the high demand to see the man in person.
"He'll be back out in January," Mercuriadis says. "We'll take a short break and then start again in March."

Launched in mid-March 2006, the "Ringleader" tour was initially set to end in the United Kingdom the following December. But from the start, the routing philosophy was to "take it to the people instead of having the people come to us," according to Mercuriadis.

"He loves to play off the beaten track," Mercuriadis says. "Playing Merrillville, Ind., is at least as important to him as playing the major markets. It's also what allows him to continue going for 18 months. Everything is a fresh experience."

Yay! 2008 is going to be a good year :D

Yes, but Canada still gets boycotted :D

What?!
Jerry Finn is going to produce new album?

I'm not very happy about the news. :(

I say he brings back Steve Lillywhite or gets someone to channel Mick Ronson

YES!!!! :D

Now just announce those January dates, some people have to book flights and hotels ;)

I'll patiently wait for Tony Visconti with another project possibly 2010-2011.

those january dates look more possible now. why cant morrissey get bacin touch with steven street to produce the new album. and why another greatest hits, why not just release the new four songs on an EP or summat

I'd guess the Greatests Hits was a condition of the deal. The record company will make it's money that way. They probably won't make much money on a normal Morrissey album.

It's a shame, but that's the music business these days.

YES!!!! :D

Now just announce those January dates, some people have to book flights and hotels ;)

that's what i'm talking about. if it;s over the 3 day weekend us 'mericans get and i'm so over there!!

Is it a sign of bad character that I'd love to hear the details of the Morrissey/Visconti break-up? Yeah, probably...

All awesome news! :D Looks like 2008 will be a great year. My only problem with the news is.......Jerry Finn again? :confused:

Well, that Jerry Finn was quite expected, wikipedia for example have claimed this for weeks and apparently "That's How People Grow Up" was produced by Finn in Texas.

The January dates are great news, maybe we can expect 10 dates in London or something:). Or, something that is much better for my poor student wallet, Scandinavian dates!

Anyway, I wonder how Boz will coup up with all this?

Great news! Thanks for posting, Jones.

Jerry Finn is a welcome choice for producer. I'm disappointed there's going to be yet another Greatest Hits package, but it might be good if Morrissey chooses what he feels are his very best songs, rather than the "chart hits"-- e.g., as he did for the tour, dusting off classics like "The Loop" and "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself".

I can't wait!!!! I hope he plays the Orpheum in Boston again! :)

Hmm, we can have a "venue recommendation" thread or possibly even a... dream tour thread! Let's show we've ain't got no lives but researching a full 90-dates world tour:D.

The possibility of some UK tour dates in early 2008? Fantastic!

As for the return of Jerry Finn - I don't care who disagrees, this makes me so happy. The sound of some of those Quarry tracks was amazing. Irish Blood and First of the Gang are two top-notch songs. As much as I enjoyed Ringleader, I felt there were no tracks that were up there with these two. Just my opinion - I'm a happy man tonight!

Back
Top Bottom