At last I am born, what does X shout?

the judge

At a certain point (I cannot listen to the song now) someone shouts something. I don't understand, I suppose it's a man in Rome. What does he say? "è importante"? "pezzo d'a..."? I really don't manage to find the answer.
I've been holding this question for some time.

At a certain point (I cannot listen to the song now) someone shouts something. I don't understand, I suppose it's a man in Rome. What does he say? "è importante"? "pezzo d'a..."? I really don't manage to find the answer.

I shall listen tomoz tomoz....hehehe...sorry....i am too pished to even contemplate a thing like that but i wi9ll look in my hangove rstate :D

EDIT: Why can't you listen to that song now? :(

Last edited:
Because I'm not alone in this room, i.e sister sleeping. Headphones? Maybe.

I don't mean like Now now....i thought you meant like you couldn't listen to it again :o D'oh!!!!

You could pop on the headphones and listen to it, but chat to me at the same time......YAY!!:D

I just listend on headphones - where is it - I couldn't hear anything like that, my wife is italian so she can help. I'm sure

"Ragazzi avanti".

Ragazzi avanti = boys ahead

Ohmygawd -- this proves he really is gay!

;)

Sir, you missed my little sarcastic wink emoticon -- my subtlety is lost on you, I fear.

Sir, you missed my little sarcastic wink emoticon -- my subtlety is lost on you, I fear.

I thought it was posted the way you intended. No tone you see? I'm too old to notice these wee graphics. I decided I had to say something on this. Probably for the first time in a very long time. Still, I hope others catch on.

It's raining, it's pouring, the subject is boring.

No problem, then -- point taken and all is forgiven because you're from Scotland.

Sorry, but how does a song lyric "prove" anything? Shall we infer from 'Ambitious Outsiders' 'Morrissey is also a kidnapper and child killer?! He has stated in interviews 'he writes lyrics regardless of how he is feeling at the time. They may be beautiful or ugly because they are representative of his disposition at the time. I think we often confuse art with the artist.

Still and all, do I believe he "outs" himself in 'At Last I Am Born'? Yes. Could he fancy boys AND girls? I dunno...

I know many on this board do not care for 'At Last I Am Born'; however I find it the most insightful song into understanding Morrissey. Songs like 'I Have Forgiven Jesus' make much more sense to me now in light of the 'At Last I Am Born'.

-Vaux

I once thought that I had numerous reasons to cry
and I did but I don't anymore
because I'm born born born.

This is beautiful, but I'm still crying.
btw, Who is Claude Brasseur?

Morrissey said in an interview that he was on the streets of Rome and he heard someone yell "Excellente!" and he used that for the song.

Claude Brasseur is a french actor.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0105475/

Haha! I used to always think it was "Matro Taxi"
Even though, that doesen't really make sense at all, I like thinking it's that.

Back
Top Bottom