"At 58, Is Morrissey Relevant?" by Dodie Miller-Gould - LemonWire

"At 58, Is Morrissey Relevant?" by Dodie Miller-Gould - LemonWire

In a nutshell: the writer feels he is still relevant.

Excerpt:

"Thirty-five years ago, The Smiths, an alternative pop band from Manchester, England, showed the world what it would sound like if ideas about sexual purity and vegetarianism were set to a punk beat, driven home with an acrobatic bass line, and sung in painful clarity by one of the clearest tenors in modern rock. The Smiths’ lead singer, Steven Patrick Morrissey, known simply as “Morrissey” or “Moz” was responsible for shaping the band’s ethos and as a result, generations of fans turn to Morrissey to get a heaping serving of reality with sarcasm and wit on the side."

Regards,
FWD.

Oh, "After a brief tour this spring, there are rumors of more tour dates, and this excites many." - did I miss something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same ol. Sleeping. Eating. Shitting. Saving the world. Blah blah.

Not gonna lie, I'm rather touched that I'm missed by somebody who goes by the name 'Herpes Harmonica.' It's the little things, ya know?

I miss you. Always found you fascinating. You seem to be doing much better (not that it matters). I'm glad though. I think you don't like me, but I'm still a fan.

We ARE though! Relevant to friends, family, those pining posies who linger at our periphery, wanting to give us little smooches. Everybody is relevant to somebody.

don't flatter yourself! wishful thinking my friend. ;)

You probably won't believe me but I missed your posts too!
But I was scared of you.
That your sarcastic but still very funny comments would hurt me.
Now I don't care anymore.

Some of the things you said about Moz, mostly the more, let's say supernatural things were strange but I do remember you once stated he was some kind of a medium.

Completely empty inside and only functioning as the messenger of other spirits, powers, people who died. I mean in his songs.
I just liked that idea and that it could be a possibility.

That occurred to me once, listening to Smiler with Knife.
I agree with ya mate and she sure is a tough cookie. Her battles on here are legendary.

She'd just stare at herpes and make it die.

Same ol. Sleeping. Eating. Shitting. Saving the world. Blah blah.

Not gonna lie, I'm rather touched that I'm missed by somebody who goes by the name 'Herpes Harmonica.' It's the little things, ya know?

I wondered where you were too! Glad you are alive, CG. :guitar:

At forty hate turning 49 I know I am not in any way relevant to anything or anyone out there.

Time to start digging.

At forty hate turning 49 I know I am not in any way relevant to anything or anyone out there.

Time to start digging.

50 is the new 40 :D
I should know, so you just got another 10 years for free! :brows:
What will you be looking for under the ground?
Oil, gold or diamants?
Don't look for dinosaur skeletons, they start to get boring! :squiffy:

50 is the new 40 :D
I should know, so you just got another 10 years for free! :brows:
What will you be looking for under the ground?
Oil, gold or diamants?
Don't look for dinosaur skeletons, they start to get boring! :squiffy:
I don't even believe in dinos!

LOL

I'm not sure about all that 40 is the new 30 and 50 the new 40 and so on but some do get away with age a lot more these days compared to way back in time. You are the age you feel as and I sure as hell don't miss being young and insecure.

I don't even believe in dinos!

LOL

I'm not sure about all that 40 is the new 30 and 50 the new 40 and so on but some do get away with age a lot more these days compared to way back in time. You are the age you feel as and I sure as hell don't miss being young and insecure.
Not believing in dinosaurs is like saying you don't believe in giant pandas. Or normal pandas. Or even fish.

Not believing in dinosaurs is like saying you don't believe in giant pandas. Or normal pandas. Or even fish.
There are 10 reasons you cannot get past and still believe in dinos. They are both scientifically impossible but also biologically. They are a big misunderstanding after some people found a huge bone and built a whole assumption around it.

It is big business and studying it just makes me feel sad as it shows the stupidity and greed in man and people believe they have seen complete dinos in museums but they are a hoax.

There were smaller dinosaurs. I didn't realize you object to size and that the comment was intended to be anti-commonly presumed scale.

But to that point - don't forget that little birds are dinosaurs too.
I don't believe in that either. Everything from the past is guesswork and as soon as they found something new all that we thought we knew is out the window.

We are made to believe things cause some make money from it and because some also have this gigantic science versus religion tussle and then our kids end up playing with something that never was.

I can understand the anger when people realise that what they were fooled into believing wasn't true at all. That reaction from people says a lot about us. Most prefer to believe in the lies.

Not sure why a dinosaur would have to eat all day. They had big mouths and could take bigger bites. Elephants eat 12 to 18 hours a day because they have small mouths and have to pick up each bite with their trunk. If dinosaurs didn't exist then all of the dinosaur skeletons are carved out of plaster or put together from other random animals or what?
You don't really believe this do you?

Not sure why a dinosaur would have to eat all day. They had big mouths and could take bigger bites. Elephants eat 12 to 18 hours a day because they have small mouths and have to pick up each bite with their trunk. If dinosaurs didn't exist then all of the dinosaur skeletons are carved out of plaster or put together from other random animals or what?
i think you'll find your new best friend on the forum has a lot of curious beliefs. lets just say he's not an intellectual. but if you're into conversing ad nauseum about soccer and adidas gear and seeing pictures of the boring white socks he bought it'll be fine.

i think you'll find your new best friend on the forum has a lot of curious beliefs. lets just say he's not an intellectual. but if you're into conversing ad nauseum about soccer and adidas gear and seeing pictures of the boring white socks he bought it'll be fine.

tumblr_nobbnapGgV1te2aewo1_500.gif

They are just that as you described and you can ask them at museums and you will be shocked.

Morrissey when told about this fact:

75pVgj.gif

Back
Top Bottom