Assuming The Smiths/Morrissey are Your Favorite Artist...

Doolittle

Who's your second favorite? Sorry if a similar thread has been created before, but I couldn't find anything.

I'll start: David Bowie.

same

Big surprise, Suede. :) Bowie is up there. Also quite fond of Pet Shop Boys. I believe they are touring in 2o20 - hope to catch that tour.

bryan ferry/roxy music.

R.E.M. and Echo and the Bunnymen

Why does the REM thread in other music have nearly 5000 replies. No one else has anywhere near this. Does this mean they’re 2nd best amongst Moz/Smiths fans?

Pretty much anything that Howard Devoto was a part of.

Devoto is one of the most underrated artists! those Magazine albums and some of his post-Magazine work is pure gold. Just don’t hear is name mentioned enough in articles about Manchester (except in context of Buzzcocks) or when post-punk is discussed. A shame really.

Last edited:
Who's your second favorite? Sorry if a similar thread has been created before, but I couldn't find anything.

I'll start: David Bowie.

For me it’s a complicated question, if forced, I would have to say Morrissey has had a larger impact on my life. But Bowie has had a steady impact on my art, along with many other lesser known outsiders and artists.

It may sound strange, though when asked
what my favorite bands are, for me The Smiths or Morrissey don’t fall in that category. For me The Smiths/Morrissey have always been something different something other than just music or another band.

Paul Simon. I must have played 'American Tune' a thousand times.

Last edited:
So many. The replacements, suede, Nirvana, Ryan Adams, Darby crash, Patrick wolf, Alex chilton, Graham parsons, Marilyn Manson, all. So so many

For me it’s a complicated question, if forced, I would have to say Morrissey has had a larger impact on my life. But Bowie has had a steady impact on my art, along with many other lesser known outsiders and artists.

It may sound strange, though when asked
what my favorite bands are, for me The Smiths or Morrissey don’t fall in that category. For me The Smiths/Morrissey have always been something different something other than just music or another band.

@Ketamine Sun makes "art". I've heard it all now.

:rolleyes:

:squiffy:

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Back
Top Bottom