Ask Buzzetta a Question...

okay, that was great.

Question. Do you realize that most of the bands you like have cult followings? Phish, Morrissey, Jimmy Buffett... Has this occurred to you and what do you make of it, if it has?

Excellent question Dave. I have become known around here for primarily liking those bands. However to say those are the only types of music that I listen to would be selling me short. I like many different bands and a lot of different musical genres. I listen to a lot of stuff and am all over the place. My friends laugh as you can be in the car and the music will shuffle from Lou Monte to Franz Ferdinand to Biggie to Dave Matthews and so on...

I wish there was a way to allow some of you access to my external hard drive where I store all of this music to browse and listen at your heart;s content without allowing the contents of my computer to be compromised. I honestly believe that many of you would be pleasantly surprised to see what I sit around and listen to.

Recently I picked up a couple of songs by Joe Purdy, Corey Harris, Blind Boys of Alabama and Ben Harper that I liked and some older Willie Nelson that I have been listening to lately.

Excellent question Dave. I have become known around here for primarily liking those bands. However to say those are the only types of music that I listen to would be selling me short. I like many different bands and a lot of different musical genres. I listen to a lot of stuff and am all over the place. My friends laugh as you can be in the car and the music will shuffle from Lou Monte to Franz Ferdinand to Biggie to Dave Matthews and so on...

I wish there was a way to allow some of you access to my external hard drive where I store all of this music to browse and listen at your heart;s content without allowing the contents of my computer to be compromised. I honestly believe that many of you would be pleasantly surprised to see what I sit around and listen to.

Recently I picked up a couple of songs by Joe Purdy, Corey Harris, Blind Boys of Alabama and Ben Harper that I liked and some older Willie Nelson that I have been listening to lately.

There is a live Willie Nelson double record from back in the day, when he first got really big, and it's great, in my opinion. The whole thing has great variety and pacing and it's better than the studio versions of the same songs in my opinion.

For some reason I think you would like Blind Willie McTell if you haven't tried it. I love some of the old acoustic blues, usually solo singer and guitar. Not so much into Chicago style with the electric guitars, and larger bands.

Also, this is obvious, but if you have never listened to Anthology of American Folk Music you are missing out, and it's probably easily available at the library.

Get hooked on that and more professional music starts to sound dead.

Back to the question though, I still think that you have potential as a cult member. :D

Buzzetta, if you are indeed Blue Jag, are you an average jag, or a Vanden Plas? You know, extended for her pleasure.

Thanks.

agreed, that movie was crap compared to:
The-Omega-Man-Poster.jpg

I thought Omega Man was too campy. And that itself was a remake of a Vincent Price flick so that is what I would consider "fail."

Dear Buzzetta-

Is it true that you could kill someone by dropping pennies down the Empire State Building? (people at ground level walking past.) Thank you.

How delusional does a ridiculous egotist have to be to think that he's interesting enough to set up such a thread?.....:lbf:

What is your favorite smiley from here???

I find the thumbs up and squiffy displays the adequete obnoxious style that probably suits me best for some of the remarks made in the pigsty.

For example: "Yes sir, I believe you are right and that every Democrat and liberal politician has had a positive affect on the growth and development of the United States."

Now you could use either of those to demonstrate that I am full of total crap by saying that. The squiffy smiley reminds me a bit of a Jack Benny eye roll for some reason.

:thumb:

:squiffy:

How delusional does a ridiculous egotist have to be to think that he's interesting enough to set up such a thread?.....:lbf:

Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows? - Obi Wan Kenobi

And I figured I would have some fun.

Buzzetta,

Do you know why so many people are on "time out" right now?

Because they cannot keep their arguing in the pigsty. They move past disagreement and moved into the above and beyond bickering zone I guess. Me? When I do not know an answer I take a look at the title of the thread that all others could be merged into and blame it on that.

Because they cannot keep their arguing in the pigsty. They move past disagreement and moved into the above and beyond bickering zone I guess. Me? When I do not know an answer I take a look at the title of the thread that all others could be merged into and blame it on that.

that is real talk

which of these should i get tattoo of?

suspiria.jpg

Gozu.jpg

vampire9.jpg

or that morrissey fellow?

also, should i start taking sleeping pills again?

Tags
buzz=blue_jag real talker where is your god now?
Back
Top Bottom