Artitst that is killilng their once fruitful career more than Morrissey?

• Thread starter Last Night I Tripped
  • Start date
L

Last Night I Tripped

Sinead O'Conner/Shuhada Davitt/what ever she wants to be called now..... I have always loved the music but she needs to get some real help. Not Dr. Phil.....

This implies that Ms O'Connor had a career to begin with. She's fringier than one of Neil Diamond's shirts from the early 70s.
Always has been apart from her famous Prince cover.

Sinead's mental illness has overwhelmed everything and every new 'chapter' reported in the press is more bleak than the last - it's sad to see a person in that state, whatever you think of the music. She needs serious, long-term help away from the public eye. It sometimes feels like the news media are just waiting for her to snap and take her life.

I thought the The Lion & The Cobra was a good debut album plus her use of ex-Smiths interested me whilst they were around.
The subsequent music and then more prevelant non-musical issues ensured I'd lost interest before the 90's let alone 20+ years later.
Regards,
FWD.

Sinead O'Connor declares her hatred and disgust of white people - and yet there are no yells of racism.

Of course not. Because she is a muslim now, and the idea of a muslim being racist is absurd.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...again-after-converting-to-islam-a3982606.html

Listen here! You think you have it rough? Everybody is supposed to feel sorry for you? You can yell about racism all you want. I will just laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh. You funny dude!
:rofl::laughing::mock:
GTFO of here with that!
:gun::gun::gun::gun:

Well if men can magically become women and women can magically become men then I see this as no more unreasonable or outlandish than the premise of transgenderism.

It's not quite as outlandish as it sounds. A fair few black people act, think and behave more stereotypically 'white' then 'black'. I notice it all the time - it's quite blatantly obvious. They're the kind of people who cringe and feel embarrassed when, for example, a quiet bus ride suddenly turns into a noisy mini-riot when a group of young extrovert blacks jump on.

Hearing somebody admit to feeling more white than black might at first seem hilarious (the audience looked more entertained then offended) - but on refection it's just blatant (but admittedly unusual) honesty.

It works the other way too. In London there are plenty of young white people who act, speak and feel more 'black', having grown up with so many black people / culture around them.

Last edited:
Well if men can magically become women and women can magically become men then I see this as no more unreasonable or outlandish than the premise of transgenderism.
Gender and race are not the same thing.

Pensioner, 69, 'who identifies as a 45-year-old' begins legal action to have his age reduced so he can attract more women on Tinder

• Emile Ratelband is a 69-year-old positivity guru famous in the Netherlands
  • He says doctors told him he has a 45-year-old's body and wants to be younger
  • Ratelband is suing his local authority after they refused to amend his age
5886994-6363439-The_positivity_guru_a_media_personality_in_the_Netherlands_is_su-a-6_1541630171884.jpg

Gender and race are not the same thing.
Oh I agree, but they are both immutable characteristics that you can't magically change just because you 'feel' a different way.

Oh I agree, but they are both immutable characteristics that you can't magically change just because you 'feel' a different way.

I'm sorry but you can't magically declare that gender is an "immutable characteristic" just because you feel that way.
It sounds like you're saying "I understand everything; therefore what I don't understand does not exist."

I'm sorry but you can't magically declare that gender is an "immutable characteristic" just because you feel that way.
It sounds like you're saying "I understand everything; therefore what I don't understand does not exist."

There are two genders, male and female, XY chromosomes XX chromosomes. It's not difficult to understand.

There are two genders, male and female, XY chromosomes XX chromosomes. It's not difficult to understand.

Apparently it is because you don't. Google "how many genders are there" and you'll quickly discover that the answer is not "two" and that what constitutes "gender" is more complicated than you realize.
Everything you have stated as a fact here is incorrect. The concept of race is complex enough without equating it to an even more complex system of classification about which you seem to be willfully uninformed. Do yourself a favor and keep it simple.
Race is a relatively new concept used by anthropologists to identify the people whose resources could be stolen with justification. Contemporary anthropologists debate whether it even can be said to exist.

Apparently it is because you don't. Google "how many genders are there" and you'll quickly discover that the answer is not "two" and that what constitutes "gender" is more complicated than you realize.
Everything you have stated as a fact here is incorrect. The concept of race is complex enough without equating it to an even more complex system of classification about which you seem to be willfully uninformed. Do yourself a favor and keep it simple.
Race is a relatively new concept used by anthropologists to identify the people whose resources could be stolen with justification. Contemporary anthropologists debate whether it even can be said to exist.

Oh you're going down the whole 'gender is a social construct route.' I don't pay any attention to that jibber jabber. there are two genders, period. of course you have odd natural anomaly such hermaphrodites but they are a rare statistically speaking. But let me guess you belong in the whole 'gender is a spectrum camp?' well if there are a 1001 genders and gender isa spectrum then in effect there are 6 billion different genders as v=everyone is different, right? And what do you get from that, nutters such as a trans woman wanting getting smear test even when they don't have a cervix (duh!) just for the 'feelz.'

Now 'race' is an anthropological concept? Again go to any doctor and ask them about different races suffering different types of disease, diabetes, being prone to obesity etc. Well you can tell them, 'no need to check this race for diabetes because it's all a construct!' Genius.

Oh you're going down the whole 'gender is a social construct route.' I don't pay any attention to that jibber jabber. there are two genders, period. of course you have odd natural anomaly such hermaphrodites but they are a rare statistically speaking. But let me guess you belong in the whole 'gender is a spectrum camp?' well if there are a 1001 genders and gender isa spectrum then in effect there are 6 billion different genders as v=everyone is different, right? And what do you get from that, nutters such as a trans woman wanting getting smear test even when they don't have a cervix (duh!) just for the 'feelz.'

Now 'race' is an anthropological concept? Again go to any doctor and ask them about different races suffering different types of disease, diabetes, being prone to obesity etc. Well you can tell them, 'no need to check this race for diabetes because it's all a construct!' Genius.

Sex and race are biological characteristics. Gender and ethnicity are the cultural markers assigned to each sex and race. You can be a biological male who identifies as having a female gender. You can be biologically Asian but have a white cultural identity--ethnicity. Sex and race are static. Gender and ethnicity are dynamic and can change from culture to culture and generation to generation.

Race IS an anthropological concept. I think you are confusing the word concept with construct.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom