Article: "World Peace Is None Your Business" [10 Inch Vinyl Indie Exclusive] 4 track EP released (Ju

Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Your Business" [10 Inch Vinyl Indie Exclusive] 4 track EP released

I would not mind getting hold of a US copy of this vinyl but....the postage is far too high for a 10" Vinyl, I see USD 25/30 even 35.....bloody hell....I can afford another nice Smiths / Moz 12" Vinyl which I am still missing.....

Cheers Moz

Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Your Business" [10 Inch Vinyl Indie Exclusive] 4 track EP released

I would not mind getting hold of a US copy of this vinyl but....the postage is far too high for a 10" Vinyl, I see USD 25/30 even 35.....bloody hell....I can afford another nice Smiths / Moz 12" Vinyl which I am still missing.....

Cheers Moz

I find it very hard to believe you could be missing anything from the Morrissey catalogue Stoned :)

I've got a spare Sealed European 10", if anyone wants to trade for a USA version?

Yes got mine from Red eye. Ordered on July 10th and it was ready on the 20th.

I also ordered from red Eye but no sign of it yet...

Mine arrived today. No sticker :( But I am very happy I ordered it. There may have been no physical singles but this is the closest we are going to get.

It also fits perfectly on top of the box set window :)

I've got a spare Sealed European 10", if anyone wants to trade for a USA version?

What is the difference between the US and UK versions?

What is the difference between the US and UK versions?

The US version has an orange sticker and is numbered in the back. It's also sealed...i'm not sure if the UK is.
UK version isn't numbered and has no sticker. Also, not sure if it has the barcode sticker in the back

The US version has an orange sticker and is numbered in the back. It's also sealed...i'm not sure if the UK is.
UK version isn't numbered and has no sticker. Also, not sure if it has the barcode sticker in the back

Thanks MozAngeles. The one I just received from Germany has no sticker and is unsealed. But it has the FBI warning bar code sticker on the back. I assume the UK and US versions are both pressed in the US as I can't see any evidence mine was pressed anywhere else but the US.

I have another one coming from the US because I was doubtful the first one I ordered was coming. I'll have to wait and see.

I actually listened to mine yesterday for some reason. It’s funny....I went from not being used to hearing World Peace go into anything but Istanbul to not being used to hearing it followed by anything but Neal Cassady.

I actually listened to mine yesterday for some reason. It’s funny....I went from not being used to hearing World Peace go into anything but Istanbul to not being used to hearing it followed by anything but Neal Cassady.

I know what you mean but I kinda like the 10" Ep because it takes me back to early July (yes those were the days) at midnight in front of my computer at the iTunes store waiting for Istanbul to appear and listening to it incessantly. These 4 songs are fantastic. I don't get the dislike for Earth or World at all. World has a beautiful melody and Earth is quite powerful with Kristeen's haunting backing vocals, especially when she sings, You You You!

I know what you mean but I kinda like the 10" Ep because it takes me back to early July (yes those were the days) at midnight in front of my computer at the iTunes store waiting for Istanbul to appear and listening to it incessantly. These 4 songs are fantastic. I don't get the dislike for Earth or World at all. World has a beautiful melody and Earth is quite powerful with Kristeen's haunting backing vocals, especially when she sings, You You You!

EARTH is growing on me. As far as the 4 pre-released songs it’s my least favorite, but it’s definitely growing on me. I still think of the four, “Istanbul” is hands down the best though.

EARTH is growing on me. As far as the 4 pre-released songs it’s my least favorite, but it’s definitely growing on me. I still think of the four, “Istanbul” is hands down the best though.

I just think it has a great rhythm to it but I can see how some may not like it. I think the melody is quite beautiful too.

I just think it has a great rhythm to it but I can see how some may not like it. I think the melody is quite beautiful too.

Istanbul? Or Earth? Either way on both counts, I agree. haha

Istanbul? Or Earth? Either way on both counts, I agree. haha

I was talking of earth. I don't need to rave about Istanbul anymore. Okay wtf I love it!

Earth has actually become my favourite of the four. The lyrics are actually quite good and it got a nice melody. And I especially like how the song constantly changes. Like in the middle of the song where an accordion solo is followed by a flamenco guitar solo that is followed by an electric guitar solo. The songs produced by Finn sounded the same from start to finish. Chiccarelli on the other hand constantly changes the instrumentation and the songs actually evolve. That's probably what I like most with his production.

Earth has actually become my favourite of the four. The lyrics are actually quite good and it got a nice melody. And I especially like how the song constantly changes. Like in the middle of the song where an accordion solo is followed by a flamenco guitar solo that is followed by an electric guitar solo. The songs produced by Finn sounded the same from start to finish. Chiccarelli on the other hand constantly changes the instrumentation and the songs actually evolve. That's probably what I like most with his production.

Eat enough dog turd, you'll convince yourself it tastes nice

Great post Emil.

You are bang on about Finn's production. It has a powerful sound but it lacks layers and textures. Joe has used every tool in the box and somehow it doesn't sound cluttered at all. It is definitely Morrissey's most progressive sounding album since Southpaw Grammar.

note: I wouldn't bother replying to the mouse, unless you want to regress your brain back to when you were a child. Obviously there's nothing wrong with having the mind of a child but when you have to live as an adult it can get a bit overwhelming as I am sure it is for him.

Last edited:

Today I received my 2nd 10" from USA or so I was lead to believe it was from the USA. It certainly said USA on the Australian record store's site. No sticker or number but at least it was wrapped in plastic so I can be one of those people that buys records to not play them. I only ended up with 2 because I had very little faith in the German store coming through on the purchase.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom