Article: "Who Shot Rock & Roll?" photography exhibit features Morrissey / Smiths (Los

Three Morrissey-related photos are featured in the "Who Shot Rock & Roll?" exhibition at the Annenberg Space for Photography in Los Angeles.

Find Out 'Who Shot Rock & Roll' at Annenberg Space for Photography - LAist

The three photos are the "Morrissey Shirt" photo by Ian Tilton that was featured on the inner sleeve of Rank (purchase on the Ian Tilton site), Morrissey live at Jones Beach in Long Island, NY (1991) by Kevin Cummins and a concert crowd shot by Ryan McGinley. Also featured is a photo of Oasis in studio with Johnny Marr.

rank_big.jpg

morrissey-jones-beach_-long-island_-new-york-july-1991-c-kevin-cummins.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Who Shot Rock & Roll?" photography exhibit features Morrissey / Smiths

I saw these when they were in Tucson. If you go dont be surprised at the enormous amount of Grace Jones images they have. You have been warned! Kat

this has reminded me, this picture (the top one!) always looked a bit contrived, was it from a genuine concert? There seems to be very few people in the background.

Is any of the people on this site in that picture by any chance? and if so do you have any good stories from the day?...

Hey guys. That picture reminds me of those dark but very happy years as well, because I used to listen a radio whose DJ was a fan and made all efforts to bring new material as soon as it was released in the UK, which was amazing during the 80s, with no Internet. News from abroad took ages to be heard, even for a large city in Brazil. From a Rio overspill I'd love to walk around the National Ballroom in Kilburn. I tried hard to imagine how the gig was, I used to travel thru that picture. Now there are footages of that day on Youtube. Google search tells us that the old ballroom is now occupied by a religious group, it was the venue in north London used to record the album 'Rank'. By the way, does anyone have a link of a larger picture? XX

Re: Article: "Who Shot Rock & Roll?" photography exhibit features Morrissey / Smiths

this has reminded me, this picture (the top one!) always looked a bit contrived, was it from a genuine concert? There seems to be very few people in the background.

Is any of the people on this site in that picture by any chance? and if so do you have any good stories from the day?...

It was at gmex in MCR and the day was festival of the 10 summer to commemorate 10 years since the sex pistols played at the Free Trade Hall. All MCR rock royalty was there and the day was brilliant.

I saw this very exhibit at the Brooklyn museum, like, 4 years ago.

It was at gmex in MCR and the day was festival of the 10 summer to commemorate 10 years since the sex pistols played at the Free Trade Hall. All MCR rock royalty was there and the day was brilliant.

ahhh, really? great thanks for that. i shall go and Google the line up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom