Article: Viva Hate reissue downscaled according to forum post; Kill Uncle, Your Arsenal, Vauxhaul An

Interesting read..sorry if this has been discussed already. I don't read the board much anymore. The comment Morrissey is the new George Lucas made me laugh..

Quotes from the Steve Hoffman Music Forum in the thread "Morrissey - Viva Hate (re release) (Mar. 26, 2012)":

by frank010:
"When EMI agreed to reissue the back catalogue , Viva Hate was meant to get a deluxe reissue, with or two bonus discs, including the full Wolverhampton gig. Plans were radically downscaled. "

also by frank010:
"By the way, this is ALL Moz's doing, not the record company's.

"Kill Uncle, Your Arsenal and Vauxhall And I are due a reissue later this year. I really hope he doesn't mess with those, especially the last two, which are his best solo albums.

Again, these were meant to get deluxe versions, but they probably won't. "

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Viva Hate reissue downscaled according to forum post; Kill Uncle, Your A

That's proof to me that you don't have it. It's not shit at all... it's rough, aggressive and passion filled. Do the songs sound perfect? No, but that's why it's so damn awesome... The imperfection is what makes it brilliant. It's filled with blistering energy and the band does an incredible job considering there's only one guitar. Personally I prefer an edgy live sound to a polished live performance that sounds nearly identical to the original recording.

I couldn't agree more!

Urban the swede

Ugh when will these reissues stop, next week were gonna hear he's reissuing, quarry, ringleader, swords and refusal, if he had put out the Wolverhampton gig I would actually shell out the cash to get it. I know many old school moz fans would love to have it. I've listened to Morrissey for almost 20 years and to be honest I don't see his music career getting any brighter, he's on the decline, he's made brilliant f$&@?ng music in his career more then most artist can do in 2 or 3 lifetimes, but I think he should call it a career. He's not Smiths Morrissey, or Early solo Morrissey, or mid 90's Morrissey or the Morrissey we all picture in our head that we want him to be. He's old stubborn run of the mouth, money grubbing Morrissey who plays with really nice guys but who really can't put out a really good tune for him to sing to and will continue to slow down the pace of the songs played live to compensate for Morrissey's increase in age. I also know why Morrissey wants a record lablel instead of puttimg it out himself independently, he wants a record label, because when the album flops or doesn't really chart he can blame the record label, that they didn't handle it right or they didn't promote him correctly.

Now before you Religious Morrissey nuts start attacking me because I said something negative about Morrissey or his band, or what kind of a fan am I or that I'm not a fan because I said such a thing. Get it thru your heads I am a fan I know what Morrissey is capable of doing as a singer songwriter, and to be honest I Know he can do way better then what's he's been doing the last past 8 years and I'm complaining because I do care.

Re: Article: Viva Hate reissue downscaled according to forum post; Kill Uncle, Your A

Ugh when will these reissues stop, next week were gonna hear he's reissuing, quarry, ringleader, swords and refusal, if he had put out the Wolverhampton gig I would actually shell out the cash to get it. I know many old school moz fans would love to have it. I've listened to Morrissey for almost 20 years and to be honest I don't see his music career getting any brighter, he's on the decline, he's made brilliant f$&@?ng music in his career more then most artist can do in 2 or 3 lifetimes, but I think he should call it a career. He's not Smiths Morrissey, or Early solo Morrissey, or mid 90's Morrissey or the Morrissey we all picture in our head that we want him to be. He's old stubborn run of the mouth, money grubbing Morrissey who plays with really nice guys but who really can't put out a really good tune for him to sing to and will continue to slow down the pace of the songs played live to compensate for Morrissey's increase in age. I also know why Morrissey wants a record lablel instead of puttimg it out himself independently, he wants a record label, because when the album flops or doesn't really chart he can blame the record label, that they didn't handle it right or they didn't promote him correctly.

Now before you Religious Morrissey nuts start attacking me because I said something negative about Morrissey or his band, or what kind of a fan am I or that I'm not a fan because I said such a thing. Get it thru your heads I am a fan I know what Morrissey is capable of doing as a singer songwriter, and to be honest I Know he can do way better then what's he's been doing the last past 8 years and I'm complaining because I do care.

...agreed... I'm in the 20+ year following him rage as well and it seems pretty silly to NEED a major label... his point seems to me to be that his art is more valuable than what is promoted my major labels now... this may be buy why care to compete? He has the resources and the catalogue and the fan base to release quality art of his liking with total control... it's his life if he want s to keep changing the releases its his prerogative the prior art he released will not evaporate, but needing a major label.... come on. Money is in touring and merch.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom