Article: Universal says ‘no comment’ on claims Morrissey has been dropped; Warner/Chappell still pub

Universal says ‘no comment’ on claims Morrissey has been dropped by Andy Malt - Complete Music Update

Universal has declined to comment on claims made by Morrissey’s True To You fansite that the singer has been dropped by the Harvest imprint of the mega-major’s Capitol division.

It was widely reported over the weekend that the label had dropped Morrissey just three weeks after the release of his latest album, ‘World Peace Is None Of Your Business’. The news was based on claims made by his True To You fansite, which said on Saturday: “Three weeks after the release of Morrissey’s ‘World Peace Is None Of Your Business’ (#2 UK, #14 US), Capitol Records/Harvest have ended their relationship with Morrissey, as directed by label boss Steve Barnett. Morrissey is once again in search of a record label”.

The ‘dropped by Harvest’ claim followed mild criticism of the label by Morrissey for not producing a decent video for the album’s title track, while at the same time praising DIY efforts made by fans. Though if mild label-dissing was a reason for dropping artists, there wouldn’t be many still with record deals.

In June this year, True To You published a similar article to its latest claims, saying that Morrissey had ended his 30 year partnerships with Warner/Chappell and was seeking a new publishing deal.

At the time, Warner/Chappell also told CMU that it would not usually comment on such claims. However, given how widely they had been reported, a spokesperson did confirm that Warner/Chappell remains the publisher for Morrissey’s Smiths and solo songs, including his latest album.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Universal says ‘no comment’ on claims Morrissey has been dropped; Warner/Chappell still

So, I don't like Moz?
Are you sure?
By the way, how are relations with your dog?

If you do like Moz, then you are one of those people that shit on the people they like and try to justify it.

The empirical evidence speaks for it self.

I don't own a dog.

Continue to avoid the real question of why you are so jealous and pathetic.

Re: Article: Universal says ‘no comment’ on claims Morrissey has been dropped; Warner/Chappell still

If you do like Moz, then you are one of those people that shit on the people they like and try to justify it.

The empirical evidence speaks for it self.

I don't own a dog.

Continue to avoid the real question of why you are so jealous and pathetic.
Do you know what 'empirical' means, because if you refer to said evidence it will indeed speak for itself.
Anyway, I hate this sparring with lunatics on the internet.
Have the last word (tell me to f*** the toilet or something) and we can finish.

I'm playing the guessing game. Someone from Sunny Day Real Estate? :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Waits

You are correct! If Jeremy Enigk can start his Lewis Hollow label that released his 2006 solo effort World Waits,why the Hell can't someone like Moz also do the same. Obviously he would first and foremost need to make sure his releases were released and supported but with Mo always championing young artists it would be a perfect outlet for him to even release some singles by some of these young artists he is into.

Although its been since 2009 since Jeremy's last release and the failed attempt at another reunion Sunny Day album. Supposedly he is without management or any type of distribution/label deal and sitting on another amazing solo album.

You are correct! If Jeremy Enigk can start his Lewis Hollow label that released his 2006 solo effort World Waits,why the Hell can't someone like Moz also do the same. Obviously he would first and foremost need to make sure his releases were released and supported but with Mo always championing young artists it would be a perfect outlet for him to even release some singles by some of these young artists he is into.

Although its been since 2009 since Jeremy's last release and the failed attempt at another reunion Sunny Day album. Supposedly he is without management or any type of distribution/label deal and sitting on another amazing solo album.

I love the first two SDRE albums, and like the last two. I never really heard too much of his solo stuff but I actually do remember hearing that 2006 album because, like you said, it was everywhere!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom