Article: The target of Morrissey’s alleged-but-denied murder/pain plot answered a couple of our ques

Re: Article: The target of Morrissey’s alleged-but-denied murder/pain plot answered a couple of our

And who are you?

I didn't think so....If you were Davidt you would know that keene is my real name.... I am a real person, not a troll or someone hiding behind a handle or a fake name.

Re: Article: The target of Morrissey’s alleged-but-denied murder/pain plot answered a couple of our

How would I know that? Some people can be kind of tricky, you know.

I didn't think so....If you were Davidt you would know that keene is my real name.... I am a real person, not a troll or someone hiding behind a handle or a fake name.

David, bearing in mind that this must be quite an upsetting period for you, I would strongly advise that you do not engage with the Keene person.
I honestly believe that he has mental health issues.
This is not a joke.
I had some fun at his expense a while back until it became clear that he is not a well man.
Viva's rather excellent and hilarious posts are probably the best response.
Even this post may be a mistake but I happen to like and respect you for this excellent site.

Last edited:

OK...I see that you are the Administrator....

I'm not being tricky...keene is my name. I've been around a long time. I've been collecting music since 1961...I've seen just about all of the greats because I had job in Florida with a major urban metropolitan city. I've been a fan of Morrissey's and the Smiths since Meat is murder.

Let's just say you don't believe I'm really keene....don't you think you owe it to the man that you say you admire and respect as an artist....to at least clean up this site or shut it down if the man doesn't like or appreciate it? Are you really a fan? you know I think you were....but something went off the tracks.

It's almost like you feel that you are as important as the object of your affection....What's going on here, man? Let's talk.

Thanks, I'm trying to figure out who this person is who appears to have registered a couple months ago and seems to want to run the site.

David, bearing in mind that this must be quite an upsetting period for you, I would strongly advise that you do not engage with the Keene person.
I honestly believe that he has mental health issues.
This is not a joke.
I had some fun at his expense a while back until it became clear that he is not a well man.
Even this post may be a mistake but I happen to like and respect you for this excellent site.

OK...I see that you the Administrator....

I'm not being tricky...keene is my name. I've been around a long time. I've been collecting music since 1961...I've seen just about all of the greats because I had job in Florida with a major urban metropolitan city. I've been a fan of Morrissey's and the Smiths since Meat is murder.

Let's just say you don't believe I'm really keene....don't you think you owe it to the man that you say you admire and respect as an artist....to at least clean up this site or shut it down if the man doesn't like or appreciate it? Are you really a fan? you know I think you were....but something went off the tracks.

It's almost like you feel that you are as important as the object of your affection....What's going on here, man? Let's talk.

You're a tryer, I'll give you that. But you ain't gonna change anything.

P.

I'm open to changes on the site but in general if you don't give specific suggestions or demonstrate a reasonable understanding of forums and the internet in general I'm less likely to give much attention to them.

The internet is a big place, you don't have to visit this site if you don't like it. Or maybe you have other sites to suggest. You can also create your own site with how you want to do it and perhaps if it's great, a lot of people will stop using this one and use that one.

OK...I see that you are the Administrator....

I'm open to changes on the site but in general if you don't give specific suggestions or demonstrate a reasonable understanding of forums and the internet in general I'm less likely to give much attention to them.

The internet is a big place, you don't have to visit this site if you don't like it. Or maybe you have other sites to suggest. You can also create your own site with how you want to do it and perhaps if it's great, a lot of people will stop using this one and use that one.
I think Uncleskinny put his finger on it in a recent post, this is not a fan site, it is a discussion site and all the better for it.
I joined a fan site for another artist and it is so dull.
I never go there!

Could we have a soft serve ice cream machine installed? kthx.

I like and respect Morrissey as an artist....I didn't realize he had a problem with this site. There are many things I like about what you've done here....but if the man who this site is dedicated to doesn't like it.....why? Why is that? What is it he doesn't like about it?

I'd suggest eliminating all trolls and make everyone that wants to participate use a real name and verify it. You use your real name and so does every critic that writes anywhere...and so does Morrissey. Get rid of the fakers and people hiding behind made up names and screens....I guarantee you it would make it a more honest site.

As far as understanding the internet....It's obvious that on just about every forum that exists, people are becoming more vile and brutal in their dealings with one another, the internet exacerbates it. If people had to look at each other face to face these ridiculous trolls would not even show up.

Who is your first allegiance to?...the artist or the community that you think you have created....it wouldn't even exist without Morrissey....see this for what it is.

I like and respect Morrissey as an artist....I didn't realize he had a problem with this site. There are many things I like about what you've done here....but if the man who this site is dedicated to doesn't like it.....why? Why is that? What is it he doesn't like about it?

I'd suggest eliminating all trolls and make everyone that wants to participate use a real name and verify it. You use your real name and so does every critic that writes anywhere...and so does Morrissey. Get rid of the fakers and people hiding behind made up names and screens....I guarantee you it would make it a more honest site.

As far as understanding the internet....It's obvious that on just about every forum that exists, people are becoming more vile and brutal in their dealings with one another, the internet exacerbates it. If people had to look at each other face to face these ridiculous trolls would not even show up.

Who is your first allegiance to?...the artist or the community that you think you have created....it wouldn't even exist without Morrissey....see this for what it is.

You simply haven't the first idea how the internet works. You haven't.

P.

It seems, to this anonymous observer, that being of the stalker mindset David is getting exactly what he wants out of this.. attention from Morrissey. .

Hello, David.

I've been scouring the internet for Morrissey related information ever since "Satan rejected my soul" emerged as a possible song title for Maladjusted in 1996 (my first show was at the Bren Events Center in Irvine for the aforementioned tour). With that said, I've been visiting your site in its various forms for almost twenty years now. And it's essential. Where else would anyone go to get the amount of information that you provide? Certainly not an official site or Julia's trash bin. But to see your site reach the point where a security guard takes a cash bribe from TMZ to create an imaginary story based on your history of troubles with Morrissey (and let's be realistic here, that's exactly what this is, as there will never be a real lawsuit filed in court--don't forget, they went after KY for a story too), goes against everything you strived to do when you started Morrissey-Solo.

But this happened a long time ago. You, UncleSkinny, and a number of others enjoy sticking it to the man as often as possible. This is painfully evident with the title of the site quoting his "hateful online creche" line. You want to annoy him. You want him to see it every single day when he checks to see what is being said about him. It's a tit-for-tat battle that's been going on for far too long and the lot of you are no better than him in terms of behavior and pettiness.

I'm sure you feel that your years running the site have at the very least earned you his respect. Where else would people have gone during his "wilderness years", etc. But he never asked you for anything, and of course, he doesn't owe you anything. You have made some poor decisions in terms of articles that you have advanced to the front page. You replied to a thread just the other day saying that aren't you allowed to make some mistakes, and yes, you are. But when have you ever apologized for it? When have you ever posted an open letter to the man directly saying that you made a mistake? I mean, you directly advertised the leaking of three of his songs to his forthcoming album in 2006. As an artist myself, if someone leaked my art before I was ready for it to be released, well, I wouldn't put out a hit on you, but I'm sure my imagination could figure out ways to prevent someone from ever doing it again.

My point is this: it's time for you to take some responsibility for your site. When things went bad between you and the man, you took the mentality that everything is fair game and that it's a free-for-all. You did this for a variety of reasons, but the most important of them is to remove yourself of any responsibility. And you do have a responsibility, even if you justify it otherwise. My personal advice: No more snide comments added on to your headlines. No more rumors posted in the personal realm (the AIDs rumor--seriously, come on). No more UncleSkinny running around posting in defense of David because where would Moz be without you(!). No more headlines of albums leaking (I noticed you didn't with WPINOYB). No more personal warfare with the man (creche comment, etc). Just run a straight site and reign it in.

Additionally, clean up your board. I get the mentality behind anonymous posters because SOME information has come out of it, but they can register in two minutes just like anyone else and no one is going to discover who they actually are (gmails are free, y'know). I want info, demo recordings, unreleased songs just like you and everyone else, but running a tighter ship isn't going to prevent access to any of that.

And that's it. Hope this message finds you well as we have mutual friends here in LA and I've been told that you're a solid guy--now just let your site reflect that.

How do you know this 'cash bribe' happened? Did you verify it or just speculating?

But to see your site reach the point where a security guard takes a cash bribe from TMZ to create an imaginary story based on your history of troubles with Morrissey

I think this is the site you want: http://www.meetup.com/
I'm being completely serious. If you're looking for what you say you are, the internet is not for you. (Of course, there are trolls and jerks in "real" life, too. Trust me.)

You do realize that the name "keene" means absolutely nothing to anyone, right? If you want to put yourself on par in terms of accessibility and accountability with critics (as you say), then you'll need make readily available your real name (first and last), your geographic location, the name of your employer, your email address, most likely a headshot, and possibly a link to your CV.

I know I shouldn't be engaging…

How do you know this 'cash bribe' happened? Did you verify it or just speculating?

Is that really (sadly) all you took from my post?

Hello, David.

I've been scouring the internet for Morrissey related information ever since "Satan rejected my soul" emerged as a possible song title for Maladjusted in 1996 (my first show was at the Bren Events Center in Irvine for the aforementioned tour). With that said, I've been visiting your site in its various forms for almost twenty years now. And it's essential. Where else would anyone go to get the amount of information that you provide? Certainly not an official site or Julia's trash bin. But to see your site reach the point where a security guard takes a cash bribe from TMZ to create an imaginary story based on your history of troubles with Morrissey (and let's be realistic here, that's exactly what this is, as there will never be a real lawsuit filed in court--don't forget, they went after KY for a story too), goes against everything you strived to do when you started Morrissey-Solo.

But this happened a long time ago. You, UncleSkinny, and a number of others enjoy sticking it to the man as often as possible. This is painfully evident with the title of the site quoting his "hateful online creche" line. You want to annoy him. You want him to see it every single day when he checks to see what is being said about him. It's a tit-for-tat battle that's been going on for far too long and the lot of you are no better than him in terms of behavior and pettiness.

I'm sure you feel that your years running the site have at the very least earned you his respect. Where else would people have gone during his "wilderness years", etc. But he never asked you for anything, and of course, he doesn't owe you anything. You have made some poor decisions in terms of articles that you have advanced to the front page. You replied to a thread just the other day saying that aren't you allowed to make some mistakes, and yes, you are. But when have you ever apologized for it? When have you ever posted an open letter to the man directly saying that you made a mistake? I mean, you directly advertised the leaking of three of his songs to his forthcoming album in 2006. As an artist myself, if someone leaked my art before I was ready for it to be released, well, I wouldn't put out a hit on you, but I'm sure my imagination could figure out ways to prevent someone from ever doing it again.

My point is this: it's time for you to take some responsibility for your site. When things went bad between you and the man, you took the mentality that everything is fair game and that it's a free-for-all. You did this for a variety of reasons, but the most important of them is to remove yourself of any responsibility. And you do have a responsibility, even if you justify it otherwise. My personal advice: No more snide comments added on to your headlines. No more rumors posted in the personal realm (the AIDs rumor--seriously, come on). No more UncleSkinny running around posting in defense of David because where would Moz be without you(!). No more headlines of albums leaking (I noticed you didn't with WPINOYB). No more personal warfare with the man (creche comment, etc). Just run a straight site and reign it in.

Additionally, clean up your board. I get the mentality behind anonymous posters because SOME information has come out of it, but they can register in two minutes just like anyone else and no one is going to discover who they actually are (gmails are free, y'know). I want info, demo recordings, unreleased songs just like you and everyone else, but running a tighter ship isn't going to prevent access to any of that.

And that's it. Hope this message finds you well as we have mutual friends here in LA and I've been told that you're a solid guy--now just let your site reflect that.

You could set up a site in a couple of days just the way you like it. Why don't you? Or go to allyouneedismorrissey.com, it's far more to your taste.

P.

You simply haven't the first idea how the internet works. You haven't.

P.
I understand how people work.....most people lack courage. It takes courage to stand up and be a human being on your own...without any props or screens. The internet allows people to hide behind their natural lack of courage....and be somebody. But it's all a lie.

That's why I love artists like , Lou Reed, Nico, John Cale, Jim Morrison, etc. etc.....and Morrissey. They've got guts...and courage. Even when the whole world has said they were wrong they stood up...and fought for their art until the end. Just look at the crap that's sold to the public every day....Phony rock and roll for phony people.

Like I said some good can be found on this site....make it better. Get rid of the lousy negative trolls hiding behind their mother's skirts....I believe you can do it.

I wonder sometimes if the people that run this site really know what Morrissey is getting at....

Back
Top Bottom