Article: The Smiths in 'least sophisticated song lyrics' group according to Mirror analysis - The Mi

Re: This is surprising (Depeche / The Smiths)

wow there are so many issues with this list readability being one but itd make me to steamed to go into it in depth so why bother. i will say that depeche mode do have some good lyrics even in there early days like little 15 from music for the masses.

p.s. dylan not even in the top ten, sigh

Re: Article: The Smiths in 'least sophisticated song lyrics' group according to Mirror analysis - Th

Yeah.....not sophisticated

Why pamper life's complexities
When the leather runs smooth
On the passenger seat ?

Exactly!!! The moment that I heard these lines, I knew that he was no ordinary songwriter. It's not just about the word selection, it's about the sound and the message that is created. Morrissey takes language, both simplistic and complex, and forges it into an arrow and then shoots it straight through your heart. The writer should also remember that most newspaper articles are written at about a third grade level.

lynnda

Re: Article: The Smiths in 'least sophisticated song lyrics' group according to Mirror analysis - Th

Yeah... NO should have been tops. Love this classic:

Every second counts
When I am with you
I think you are a pig
You should be in a zoo

You have
The brightest future
Writing songs on your computer

Please don't let a computer scientist attempt to do a poet's job and we won't ask a wordsmith to dabble in writing software code.

:rofl: :rofl:

this is the most inspiral thread since i discovered this forum.

you all make one dazzling gang! i enjoyed each silly post.

p.s. thank you.

Please don't let a computer scientist attempt to do a poet's job and we won't ask a wordsmith to dabble in writing software code.

/\ this. also awa your welcome

You have
The brightest future
Writing songs on your computer

hahahahahahahahah

i used to love New Order, before I got into the Smiths, and now i can't listen to a lot of their stuff. They're just so awful lyrically.

I used to have the "Retro" boxset and in the glossy booklet that came with it, Bernard Sumner says he doesn't/didn't find it difficult to write lyrics for songs. No shit?!

Divorcing lyrics from music is most likely to lose something in the process isn't it? My most recent favourite from Morrissey has great words and a great tune. I don't need the Daily Mirror data unit to tell me what's good and what's not. Just this>

Bastille mausoleum
Stockyard, churchyard
Your mammy's backyard

I don't care when or where
I just care that you're there
And that you will...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom