Article: "The Smiths - Complete" US press release/bio from Rhino (Oct. 18, CD and vinyl. Oct. 25, US

An anonymous person sends the press release and Rough Trade bio (May 13, 1983) from Rhino US.

Excerpt from the press release:

COMPLETE will be available October 18 in CD and vinyl versions. The CD boxed set version features each album packaged in a mini-LP replica sleeve complete with the original artwork, including gatefolds and inner sleeves where relevant. The vinyl boxed set version consists of the original albums – five single LPs and three doubles – pressed on 180-gram audiophile vinyl and presented in all their 12” glory with beautifully restored artwork. Each will be available at physical retail outlets for suggested list prices of $78.98 (CD), $249.98 (LP) and $39.99 (Digital).

A Deluxe Collector’s Edition will be offered as well, exclusively at Rhino.com. Packaged in an individually numbered, trunk-style box, this version is limited to 4,000 pieces worldwide, with only 750 available in the U.S., only at Rhino.com. It contains all eight albums on CD and vinyl, accompanied by all 25 of The Smiths’ singles on 7” vinyl (including rare and deleted artwork). The set also includes: 12” art prints of all eight album sleeves; a poster featuring the artwork for the albums and singles; expanded liner notes by renowned author Lois Wilson; and “The Complete Picture” DVD of the band’s music videos. The Deluxe Collector’s Edition is available for pre-order now exclusively at Rhino.com for $499.98 and will be released on October 25.

Last edited:
I don't care what anyone says. This INCOMPLETE !!! Box is a steaming pile of SHITE!

"Renowned author Lois Wilson"?

That's be Lois Wilson renowned author of... um.... erm.... no, no, don't tell me. Um... ????

Oh, I know something you all don't know

Move along now, nothing to see here............. :)

Off topic

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are in the US and want to save about $200 on the complete box, order directly from amazon.co.uk.

Re: Article: "The Smiths - Complete" US press release/bio from Rhino (Oct. 18, CD and

I don't care what anyone says. This INCOMPLETE !!! Box is a steaming pile of SHITE!

What is the box missing?

Re: Article: "The Smiths - Complete" US press release/bio from Rhino (Oct. 18, CD and

If you are in the US and want to save about $200 on the complete box, order directly from amazon.co.uk.
You can actually order the import of the limited set from the US site as well. It's cheaper than the UK site even since shipping is free.

You can actually order the import of the limited set from the US site as well. It's cheaper than the UK site even since shipping is free.

at HMV 222 pounds

It's not cheaper on the US site vs. UK site.

Amazon.co.uk takes the VAT off the 222 GBP so it was 188.91 GBP after shipping to the US = $291.78

Amazon from the US is $362.09.

It's not cheaper on the US site vs. UK site.

Amazon.co.uk takes the VAT off the 222 GBP so it was 188.91 GBP after shipping to the US = $291.78

Amazon from the US is $362.09.

Oh wow, had no idea AmazonUK removed the VAT at checkout. Thank you Robert!

that would be around 200 euroos, as 1BP 82-4 eurocents, plus shipping, me thinks for the european market the
UK release will be cheaper

'only if you want to'

No you make a mistake ,

222 pounds = 255 euro's :D

No you make a mistake ,

222 pounds = 255 euro's :D

thanks for correcting me I allready thought the BP must have a higher value than the euro though it was:thumb:
in the old days in guilders, 3 till 4 guilders to 1 bp

for the onenot in the know
[guilders is the old dutch money used before the euro took over]

"Renowned author Lois Wilson"?

That's be Lois Wilson renowned author of... um.... erm.... no, no, don't tell me. Um... ????

Lois Wilson wrote several series of romance novels in the late 1960's. Her most popular was the Nurse Nancy series which Morrissey has purchased the rights to. It's going to be a series on the Lifetime channel starring Johnny Marr and Julia.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom