Article: Steyn vs. Morrissey case minutes (Mar. 11, 2015) - "Plaintiff represented that case is clos

Document posted Mar. 11, 2015 on the Orange County Superior Court site:

MINUTES FINALIZED FOR ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE RE: DISMISSAL ON SETTLED CASE 03/11/2015 08:45:00 AM. (1 page PDF)

The language changed from "Plaintiff reported that matter has settled" in the previous minutes from Jan. 5, 2015 to "Plaintiff represented that case is close to settling". Perhaps someone can help with legal terms, does this mean the case hasn't actually completely settled?

CASE NO: 30-2014-00736735-CU-CO-CJC CASE INIT.DATE: 07/29/2014
CASE TITLE: Steyn vs. Morrissey
CASE CATEGORY: Civil - Unlimited CASE TYPE: Contract - Other

EVENT ID/DOCUMENT ID: 72087433
EVENT TYPE: Order to Show Cause re: Dismissal on Settled Case

APPEARANCES
Counsel for Plaintiff: Keith Davidson via courtcall
Counsel for Defendant: Bruce Isaacs via courtcall

Plaintiff represented that case is close to settling.

The Mandatory Settlement Conference is scheduled for 06/05/2015 at 08:30 AM in Department C06.

All Counsel and parties are ordered to appear.

Parties waive notice.

Related items:

Last edited:
Re: Article: Steyn vs. Morrissey case minutes (Mar. 11, 2015) - "Plaintiff represented that case is

Probably means all the papers haven't been signed yet? (Releases, etc.)

Why was this filed in Orange County? Everyone knows Morrissey would never live in LA, hates California sunshine, and despises America.

On further analysis, this notice may be worth paying attention to.

"The Mandatory Settlement Conference is scheduled for 06/05/2015 at 08:30 AM in Department C06. All Counsel and parties are ordered to appear."

If this were settled and done from what I understand, usually the case would be handled by lawyers but from the language it appears the court wants some answers on June 5 and saying lawyers and 'parties' are ordered to appear. Although both parties appear to want the case to be ended, will all the lawyers, Steyn, Knutson and Morrissey forced to be in one room on June 5?

Last edited:
Re: Article: Steyn vs. Morrissey case minutes (Mar. 11, 2015) - "Plaintiff represented that case is

Nobody's interested. Yawn ...

odds are that moz has been unable to come up with the funds for the settlement.

"The Mandatory Settlement Conference is scheduled for 06/05/2015 at 08:30 AM in Department C06. All Counsel and parties are ordered to appear."

If this were settled and done from what I understand, usually the case would be handled by lawyers but from the language it appears the court wants some answers on June 5 and saying lawyers and 'parties' are ordered to appear. Although both parties appear to want the case to be ended, will all the lawyers, Steyn, Knutson and Morrissey forced to be in one room on June 5?

The timing of this mandatory conference seems as though it could have been a negotiated date that falls after Australia but before Firefly, and presumably other US dates.

The important thing is that Morrissey is wrong and suffers because he is not supportive of this website because we all know his entire career (his life for that matter) would be as nought if it weren't for the inane prattlings herein. If only waffle could make the world go round... And if only a life could be gotten...

Why was this filed in Orange County? Everyone knows Morrissey would never live in LA, hates California sunshine, and despises America.
Holy crap! it really bothers you doesn't it!?!

He once told me the weather in LA was his favorite thing about LA.

I was shocked. The weather in LA was my favorite thing about LA.

The important thing is that Morrissey is wrong and suffers because he is not supportive of this website because we all know his entire career (his life for that matter) would be as nought if it weren't for the inane prattlings herein. If only waffle could make the world go round... And if only a life could be gotten...

Haha. :)

Morrissey's career via The Smiths predated this lamentable website and his musical legacy will outlive it also. That's a statement of objective fact, not a subjective opinion.

The idea that Morrissey owes his career to So_Low and owes it support is the kind of laughable nonsense that only self-important idiots like Tseng and Skinny actually believe. Tseng cleverly posts very rarely (unless he's responding to risible enquiries as to whether or not his poor little feelings have been hurt by Morrissey's comments about Chinese circus owners. Although I guess this site IS a circus of sorts...). Tseng has however acquired a valuable yes-man puppet in Skinny so he can be sure that the kneejerk reaction to everything Morrissey does will be negative. The self-importance of twats who think this site actually matters, has any kind of significance at all, let alone to Morrissey's career, is just sad, delusional bollocks - but comedy gold.

Maybe Skinny can provide "legal clarity"...? He's very good at that, apparently.

He once told me the weather in LA was his favorite thing about LA.

I was shocked. The weather in LA was my favorite thing about LA.
Im not sure wether you're being sarcastic or not.

Im not sure wether you're being sarcastic or not.

I wasn't being sarcastic.
I asked him what his favorite thing about LA was and his answer:
"The weather (then pointed up at the sky). The weather is my favorite thing."

This happened on 4/26/2003.

I wasn't being sarcastic.
I asked him what his favorite thing about LA was and his answer:
"The weather (then pointed up at the sky). The weather is my favorite thing."

This happened on 4/26/2003.
I meant your reaction, you said you were shocked!:)

Maybe Skinny can provide "legal clarity"...? He's very good at that, apparently.

Maybe you can do anything other than attack everything you see as a slight on Morrissey. You'd defend him if he took a shit from a great height on a party of terminally ill children and war veterans, and rationalise it with your limited mental resources.

P.

Maybe you can do anything other than attack everything you see as a slight on Morrissey. You'd defend him if he took a shit from a great height on a party of terminally ill children and war veterans, and rationalise it with your limited mental resources.

P.

And if someone blogged that they once heard someone say that they overheard someone saying they'd heard a rumour that Morrissey might have shit on war veterans, you'd provide a link to said blog.

But the question is, can the parties appear via Courtcall as the lawyers did in the last hearing. You can actually call the courtroom clerk and ask. I wonder if the stalkers will actually be in the courtroom watching & waiting. LOL.

Cant they get this on Judge Judy instead?

Pablo Zabaletta :thumb:

The self-importance of twats who think this site actually matters, has any kind of significance at all, let alone to Morrissey's career, is just sad, delusional bollocks - but comedy gold.

Whoa! I'm happy, "comedy gold" is all I was ever aiming for. :)

"I'd like to thank my Producer, Morrissey, without whom" etc

Back
Top Bottom