Article: "Morrissey's health status, whereabouts after Metro Detroit hospitalization

Morrissey's health status, whereabouts after Metro Detroit hospitalization unclear, representative says - MLive.com
By Eric Lacy on January 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM, updated January 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Excerpt:

...Repeated attempts to reach publicist Laura Papapietro from Saturday night through Sunday afternoon were unsuccessful, and Susan Blond, owner the the public relations firm that has Morrissey as a client, told Mlive Detroit she's not sure where Morrissey is and how he's doing.

"I don't know for a fact that's he's OK or not OK," said Blond, when reached at her New York home Sunday afternoon. "I do know that he's one of the most important artists of our time.

"We would expect that if anyone thought that things were not going well (with his health) that they would certainly be there and let people know that wanted to know."

Blond said she would look into the matter and asked me what I had heard about Morrissey's health status and hospitalization in Royal Oak - news initially confirmed only by Papapietro in an e-mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Morrissey's health status, whereabouts after Metro Detroit hospitalizat

Manchester and all other UK airports are on full alert as well as his local badminton gym and the Trafford centre.
I believe also that Ireland has also come on board in the effort to track him down.
Regular updates will be posted on the online hateful creche
Thankyou

No updates yet but when we do. . . . . Wee 'le let you know

Re: Article: "Morrissey's health status, whereabouts after Metro Detroit hospitalizat

I'm sure Morrissey will be very angry and embrassed as how this whole story has been reported and leaked. It has been badly handled by his PR rep. Morrissey is most likely at a private residence or a hotel where he can rest. There are still many cites to visit on the tour. Perhaps Morrissey will have a break for a couple of weeks before restarting.

Give the man the respect he deserves. Medical problems are always deeply personal and embrassing and only show that Morrissey is human and subject to illness the same as you and I.

...leaked....hehe

I'm sure Morrissey will be very angry and embrassed as how this whole story has been reported and leaked. It has been badly handled by his PR rep. Morrissey is most likely at a private residence or a hotel where he can rest. There are still many cites to visit on the tour. Perhaps Morrissey will have a break for a couple of weeks before restarting.

Give the man the respect he deserves. Medical problems are always deeply personal and embrassing and only show that Morrissey is human and subject to illness the same as you and I.

Oh do shut up will you ? This is a man who loves nothing more than to attack and get stuck in with his venom, he's been caught napping. We English love this kind of thing its called humour.
Well its payback time for Slagging off our Royal Family
Showing no respect for soldiers killed in the Falkland conflict
Slagging the Olympic games
Slagging off our future Queen with child
Slagging off Mike Joyce/Andy Rourke
Slagging off Prince Harry
Slagging off who-ever is Prime Minister
Slagging the Beckhams
Wishing death on people
And all the MANY others (to many to mention)

He's a proper "MACHO (not) DICKHEAD !!!!!!!!!

Isn't it the case ( in this thread at least ) that people are having a bit of a giggle about the bewildered PR agent and Morrissey's ostensible AWOL status rather than the actual illness ( and hardship) itself ? But I guess the two topics will tend to blur ...

This could be a cover up, but wouldn't she just say we are not sure exactly how he is doing hope he is well again soon? Not we have absolutely no idea where he is.

Last edited:

I want him to get better, but I'd also like to know whether I should be getting in the car for the long road trip to western NC,.or skip and see a later show.

It looks like she is having a blond moment!

Susan I've had an Idea, Boz !!! Yes I'm sure Boz uses twitter send him a tweet or why not just phone him on his 'cell-phone' or any other members of the band or crew for that matter. What about 'Milky-Millwood' the sound chappy ring him and see if he's just sat in a hotel just twiddling his fingers.

It's all a load a bollocks really are you trying to tell me everybody on this tour has just vanished and switched off their phones and twitter accounts ?

All you tweeters who reckon you tweet the band ? come on then lets be havin some answers eh ! NOW get to it you muppets a mans life could be at risk here for all we know.

Have the Feds been informed ?

My name is Blond.
Susan Blond.
And I've got a license to not know anything at all.

Susan stop padding and just give Betty a ring in Bollington ffs.

I think Morrissey is getting a full sex change, vagina & norks the lot.

Morrissey certainly deserves to recuperate in peace & privately. However, being in the middle of a concert tour, he does owe it to his paying fans to let them know if the tour will continue as scheduled at the earliest convenience. As we all know, many do travel & make arrangements. A simple line or two conveyed to his PR people that he's resting & expects to resume dates at scheduled is just a matter of respect to his fans who, after all, essentially pay his hospital bills.

I know Skinny's right .. but I couldn't stop laughing at this

OMFG... tooooo hilarious! Can't stop smiling at that pic! I too think our Boy will be pissed about this whole story and continue to hate this site but thank you David for continuing on. Hope you can get in a few shows. And Morrissey hope you get better soon. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks (hopefully).

I think Morrissey is getting a full sex change, vagina & norks the lot.

No don't do it! What are norks? Don't get them whatever they are!!!

My very first Moz shows were UCF and UF in the fall of 1992. Since then I have seen countless shows in the US and a few in Europe. I cannot do this any longer. I refunded my Chicago tickets yesterday, canceled the hotel and flights. If anyone is interested there should be two in row C behind the pit seats 318 and 320 available via ticketmaster. I'll always enjoy Morrissey, but now it will be from afar.

Oh do shut up will you ? This is a man who loves nothing more than to attack and get stuck in with his venom, he's been caught napping. We English love this kind of thing its called humour.
Well its payback time for Slagging off our Royal Family
Showing no respect for soldiers killed in the Falkland conflict
Slagging the Olympic games
Slagging off our future Queen with child
Slagging off Mike Joyce/Andy Rourke
Slagging off Prince Harry
Slagging off who-ever is Prime Minister
Slagging the Beckhams
Wishing death on people
And all the MANY others (to many to mention)

He's a proper "MACHO (not) DICKHEAD !!!!!!!!!

I love how with all the many faults of Morrissey the only thing that seems to rile up the trolls whether they be hear or on the Guardian or anywhere is is his assault on the hereditary privilege of the British monarch or pointless neo-conlonalist war?

Why should anyone give a f*** about the royal family? I mean the things he says about them are petty, pejorative, and sometimes childish, but these are people who brag about shooting poor brown people from a helicopter as it reminds them of playing a video game. If anything he's being extraordinarily restrained with this crew.

I always thought it was an uniquely American disease, but apparently the UK is over rife with knee-jerk reactionary borderline fascist psychopaths. They remind me of the American rightwingers who foam at the mouth because this or that person had the audacity to criticize the latest round of wanton American military aggression. Notice they're never upside over Morrissey's gross comments on the UKIP or immigration. And notice how they always get in an assault on Morrissey's perceived gender or sexual identity. It's hard to believe they were fans to begin with and if they were they must have been as deaf and clueless as the current dimwitted Prime Minister of the UK David Cameron is. Or maybe they just misunderstood the National Front Disco. Who knows who they are and why they are posting here on this thread.

This is ridiculous and absolutely absurd. If he is conscious he should let us know something. If he isn't, someone in the know...and somebody knows...needs to step up and say what's going on. Morrissey hasn't gone missing. He's either extremely ill, or he's lost his mind. I hope he is okay. But his PR people shouldn't treat us as though we're idiots. None of this adds up, and this joke isn't funny anymore.

He's not coming out of hiding or doing anymore shows until "CrystalGeezer" reaches 20,000 posts...which should be any second now.

Methinks Lauren Papapietro may have overstepped her boundaries, shot her mouth off, and now Blond is back-pedaling to cover. Just a hunch.

All this up-rising and un-rest reminds me of the end of the evil dictator Colonel Gaddafi maybe Morrissey could do a deal and go and live in Tel-Aviv, they like him because they gave him the key to the city if you remember while Manchester gave him jack shit !!!! Remember that one ? The cheeky bastard.
Go on Moz do one and go live in Tel-Aviv why don't ya ?

Tits obviously lol.

I have NEVER heard that word before. What is the derivation even? We call balls "nards". Fun Fact Sunday.

Morrissey is 6'1"? That's tall. *dreamy* :blushing:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom