Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Barry

Re: Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Ba

" I recognise that when it comes to this issue, there is a moral high ground, and I’m not on it. " Barry Nicholson

Neither is Morrissey. He just imagines he is.

best
BB

Re: Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Ba

nice article.

Morrissey has done more for the awareness of good causes than many artists holding a loftier position than he occupies. Keep pushing the argument that Morrissey is an unprincipled self-promoter with an endless cash-lust. If that really were the case The Smiths would have reformed, the tour would be brought to you in association with Dairylea, and he'd be whoring himself across the music monthlies and the late night chat show circuit, all of whom are beckoning but with no answer.

Morrissey does occupy the high ground in many realms. His audience used to as well, but not much on these pages. It's a race to pin the first catty comment on a story...

Morrissey has done more for the awareness of good causes than many artists holding a loftier position than he occupies. Keep pushing the argument that Morrissey is an unprincipled self-promoter with an endless cash-lust. If that really were the case The Smiths would have reformed, the tour would be brought to you in association with Dairylea, and he'd be whoring himself across the music monthlies and the late night chat show circuit, all of whom are beckoning but with no answer.

Morrissey does occupy the high ground in many realms. His audience used to as well, but not much on these pages. It's a race to pin the first catty comment on a story...

agreed, for smiths morrissey fans most seem very nasty and un sympathetic

Typical condescending tripe from the nme.
"We don't like morrissey, we don't agree with what he does and says but......"
But we're happy to use him to sell a few rags.
Integrity. Nme could do with a heap do that.
He neither needs nor wants your applause or approval. No one in the public eye does more to highlight animal rights...... No one! Yet he's still accused of not doing enough, bizarre. He continues to ruffle feathers ( see Ben bitch and bummie etcetera etc).
Long may he do so.

I like you. A lot.

" I recognise that when it comes to this issue, there is a moral high ground, and I’m not on it. " Barry Nicholson

Neither is Morrissey. He just imagines he is.

best
BB

Are you a c***?

thank you!

why don't you write here more often?

Nonsense. Morissey is an unprincipled self-promoter who endorses the Pestana hotel chain who offer 50% discounts to bull-fight fans. He cannot reform The Smiths until he repays Mike Joyce. His tour is supported by Kerrygold and unless their cheese is flown to him around the world he wont' perform. You will recall that he recently complained that the press and t.v wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole to support WPINOYB, that not a single offer was given to him to promote it on telly. The music monthlies constantly re-has The Smiths so it shows that he's now just a legacy Boomer act. He occupies the lowest pit of hell by eating cheese whilst claiming to care for the animals. I trust this reply is helpful to you and your breathless fans on this thread.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Are you a c***?

Please refrain from such misogynistic trolling or you may find yourself in trouble with the moderators. You must hope that Kewpie is not in the watchtower for this thread. Please keep on topic or go to the Pig Sty or Off Topic threads if you have a personality problem.I hope this is clear. We are hear to discuss Morrissey, not to deal with the fall out from our latest crash and burn. I feel sorry for you, but only you can turn your life around.

best
BB

Nonsense. Morissey is an unprincipled self-promoter who endorses the Pestana hotel chain who offer 50% discounts to bull-fight fans. He cannot reform The Smiths until he repays Mike Joyce. His tour is supported by Kerrygold and unless their cheese is flown to him around the world he wont' perform. You will recall that he recently complained that the press and t.v wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole to support WPINOYB, that not a single offer was given to him to promote it on telly. The music monthlies constantly re-has The Smiths so it shows that he's now just a legacy Boomer act. He occupies the lowest pit of hell by eating cheese whilst claiming to care for the animals. I trust this reply is helpful to you and your breathless fans on this thread.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Please refrain from such misogynistic trolling or you may find yourself in trouble with the moderators. You must hope that Kewpie is not in the watchtower for this thread. Please keep on topic or go to the Pig Sty or Off Topic threads if you have a personality problem.I hope this is clear. We are hear to discuss Morrissey, not to deal with the fall out from our latest crash and burn. I feel sorry for you, but only you can turn your life around.

best
BB

In fairness BB, if we dug into every part of your life, the same shite would crop up for you. Yet ye without sin cast the fist stone and all that. Are you without sin BB?

In fairness BB, if we dug into every part of your life, the same shite would crop up for you. Yet ye without sin cast the fist stone and all that. Are you without sin BB?

You are trying to deflect the debate away from Morrissey's failure to live up to his own propaganda. If you eat cheese, you support veal. You may as well eat meat as cheese bleeds and veal is vile, therefore cheese is murder. Morrissey is a fraud on animal rights and has been for the last 30 years. It's just another silly slogan to throw into his fake radical mix whilst he rakes in cash at corporate arenas and sleeps in hotels that offer discounts to bull-fight fans. He's a bullshitter.

best
BB

"NME’s Facebook page were overwhelmingly negative, and worded with the sort of venom that only Morrissey can inspire: “I pay for a good night out not a lecture!” declared one person."

this is awful.

this angry person is in the same mood as one who interrupted him at concert in warsaw. i wonder why they come to his concert at all. expect from band to play their favourite smiths' songs? they can do this at their homes ANY time.

"NME’s Facebook page were overwhelmingly negative, and worded with the sort of venom that only Morrissey can inspire: “I pay for a good night out not a lecture!” declared one person."

this is awful.

this angry person is in the same mood as one who interrupted him at concert in warsaw. i wonder why they come to his concert at all. expect from band to play their favourite smiths' songs? they can do this at their homes ANY time.

i think so they can like themselves. morrisseys talents are obvious and people like the way that liking his music reflects on them, they like the music as well, but not when it obviously clashes with what they and most of his audience probably dont agree with, being a veggie/vegan not a meat eater. its like, how can someone whos obviously intelligent/articulate disagree with me when im obviously intelligent as well. especially when they disagree loudly and constantly. a good example would be when crystal mentioned that people dont like being called fools or even the thought of maybe being called a fool. when a smart person does this whom you used in the past to reflect your own intelligence it creates angry love/hate conflicts that i believe are more to do with the fans version of how they see themselves rather than being made at a hardcore veggie/vegan so they go because morrisseys a great artist but when his artistry conflicts they just want him to be an entertainer. i love morrissey because hes honest but i mostly just want him to shut up about things i dont like etc is the internal conflict i feel a lot of his fans here and a few other places deal with. i mean all of morrisseys music contains lecture like ethical pieces, thats pretty integral to his music, so i think they do want lectures, just lectures they already agree with and want to hear.

i think so they can like themselves. morrisseys talents are obvious and people like the way that liking his music reflects on them, they like the music as well, but not when it obviously clashes with what they and most of his audience probably dont agree with, being a veggie/vegan not a meat eater. its like, how can someone whos obviously intelligent/articulate disagree with me when im obviously intelligent as well. especially when they disagree loudly and constantly. a good example would be when crystal mentioned that people dont like being called fools or even the thought of maybe being called a fool. when a smart person does this whom you used in the past to reflect your own intelligence it creates angry love/hate conflicts that i believe are more to do with the fans version of how they see themselves rather than being made at a hardcore veggie/vegan so they go because morrisseys a great artist but when his artistry conflicts they just want him to be an entertainer. i love morrissey because hes honest but i mostly just want him to shut up about things i dont like etc is the internal conflict i feel a lot of his fans here and a few other places deal with. i mean all of morrisseys music contains lecture like ethical pieces, thats pretty integral to his music, so i think they do want lectures, just lectures they already agree with and want to hear.

no, not again...

someone more eloquent than me replied - please read posts #10 and #16 of this thread:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/134073-Was-WPINOYB-buried-because-of-the-title

i didn't recognize myself as a fool since i take 100% of morrissey's stance on this subject.

also, i don't expect others to see things like i do.

p.s. it may seem that people ARE NOT the same everywhere but they ARE if poet says so.

Are you a c***?

Ummmmm...c***s are awesome. c***s are soft and warm and home. He wishes he were a c***. He's an armpit.

no, not again...

someone more eloquent than me replied - please read posts #10 and #16 of this thread:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/134073-Was-WPINOYB-buried-because-of-the-title

i didn't recognize myself as a fool since i take 100% of morrissey's stance on this subject.

also, i don't expect others to see things like i do.

p.s. it may seem that people ARE NOT the same everywhere but they ARE if poet says so.

i was the poster for number 16 and i dont get what you mean. im talking about those that do have problems with him and certain songs stances and how vocal they are about it. morrisseys very unchanged over the years while many of his fans have changed as theyve grown older and i dont think this sits well with many of them. also i think certain factions only know from quarry onward and didnt realize what theyd be sitting through. if you could elaborate your point, im just dense, we could maybe have a better conversation. as a person with a soc psych degree im very interested in macro trends and how they effect peoples personal decisions like why go to a concert and pay money to go see someone whos music and whole career is built around ethical preaching. when the songs about dishonestly you can pretend the songs meaning apply to you but when its something so black and white like eating meat its hard to not think hes calling you specifically evil or in the wrong.

You bet your life morrissey should be congratulated and applauded on his animal rights issues and beliefs !

He is one of the worlds greatest animal rights activists.,.. his convictions cannot be shaken and his compassion and incredible empathy 4 these poor animals that are touchered by humans cannot be broken!

He is a man on a mission !!!!! :)

Even if he does eat cheese so what? he will probably make sure he obtains it from farms that treat there cattle with compassion and treat them with love and care ect

Im becoming a bit pissed of with reading all the nonsence about chesse and milk and how its murder ect!

Yes there is a disturbing level of cruelty within the dark secretive sinister world of the modern day mass produced dairy farming industry, yes, but not all dairy farms employ the same methods!!!
Some farms respect there goats and cows and treat them love and compassion and care!

Milk is not murder at all - in fact its the opposite, its the essence of life !
Its the most natural substance on earth , all mammalian infants on this planet (inculding humans) drink there mothers milk from birth !!!! In fact is essential !

Hes not born at the right time 2 be a rainbow child, but hes probably on a spiritual plane above this! :)

Last edited:

You are trying to deflect the debate away from Morrissey's failure to live up to his own propaganda. If you eat cheese, you support veal. You may as well eat meat as cheese bleeds and veal is vile, therefore cheese is murder. Morrissey is a fraud on animal rights and has been for the last 30 years. It's just another silly slogan to throw into his fake radical mix whilst he rakes in cash at corporate arenas and sleeps in hotels that offer discounts to bull-fight fans. He's a bullshitter.

best
BB

Why are you turning this thread into your bullshit again?

There's summat wrong with you.

I think that if you weigh up what somebody does and ask if that person has had a positive effect or not then without doubt Morrissey has in this respect. Has he made the biggest difference that he can? I'd argue that he has.

For a person to knock him on his animal rights convictions I would argue that they would need to have had at least a better effect than Morrissey. If they haven't then, well, just shut up and try and make a difference yourself.:thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom