Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July; Morrissey decline

June and July - true-to-you.net

30 March 2013

June and July

Morrissey is scheduled to play shows in seven cities in Mexico in June, rounding-off at the National Auditorium in Mexico City. Morrissey will also appear on two national television shows. The dates in Mexico will be followed by concerts in Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile. Details will be announced shortly.
Morrissey has declined to take part in two upcoming British television documentaries on the Smiths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July

Yes! I knew he was going to come back to Brazil very soon... I'll see him again!!!

Thank you so much, sir! :thumb:

You better start praying that "The band" or his "Mother" don't get ill or else to say the least oh, your gonna be truly dissapointed. (Best be prepared if I was you)

Cancel is my middle name

Yes, we're privileged and white in most of the United States of America, thus you owe us! Don't you know that we demand everything we're due, and we'll kick and cry until you satisfy us? [That said, I wish Morrissey would take a bit more time off to get his health back to medium-well before embarking on any tour anywhere.] To my South American brothers, sisters, and others, I hope things go well for you. (Remember, the U.S. and U.K. fans have endured several rounds of canceled shows, so just consider the bilious verbiage a small price to pay for getting Morrissey, again, South.)

people shouldn't try and make excuses for him.

announcing these dates after recently cancelling loads of north american dates is wrong

also, as predicted. no UK shows, y u do this moz

I think he just has to go where the money is. Sadly he no longer has any relevance musically, and his dopey pronouncements on a range of subjects he clearly has little or no knowledge of has alienated a significant number of people who once idolised him. He is needing to go further outside the English speaking world to be taken seriously.

Perhaps if you are living in a nation like Argentina, which could quite easily revert back to a fascist state by this time next week, Morrissey's misanthropic pseudo literary schtick still holds water. Here many of us have heard it all before and just want decent new songs instead, but of course touring is jam today, while recording an album is, with luck, jam next year.

His description of the mild, centre right government and nanny state of the UK as fascist is not only a calculated insult to us here it should come as a surprise to the good people of Buenos Aires who know in reality what that word actually means. It isn't silly flag waving on the Mall because a woman was accidentally born in the right place at the right time. It isn't singing God Save The Queen when an athlete called Mohammed wins double gold. We only have the disenchanted, Argentina has the disappeared. The Argentinians have seen fascism up close, with its muddy boots and mass graves.

Within the next three months Morrissey will (assuming he is well enough) clamber up on a stage in BA and tell the baying nationalists that the Malvinas are theirs. They will cheer him and perhaps chant "Ar-gen-tina!!", forgetting for a moment that it was people their age who were conscripted by a military junta not so very long ago to face the Royal Marines in battle and die. Morrissey might then take a moment to give an interview or two in which he will revisit the hateful day a nation was rather pleased a bloke in a red, white and blue leotard and silly hat rode a bike faster than someone else.

Last edited:
This site should have a betting pool, involving:
1. How many dates will be cancelled/postponed
2. What excuses will be offered for the cancellations/postponements

Re: Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July

So is your point that he has announced shows too soon or that the shows won't be in the UK?

the timing of this announcement

I think he just has to go where the money is. Sadly he no longer has any relevance musically, and his dopey pronouncements on a range of subjects he clearly has little or no knowledge of has alienated a significant number of people who once idolised him. He is needing to go further outside the English speaking world to be taken seriously.

Perhaps if you are living in a nation like Argentina, which could quite easily revert back to a fascist state by this time next week, Morrissey's misanthropic pseudo literary schtick still holds water. Here many of us have heard it all before and just want decent new songs instead, but of course touring is jam today, while recording an album is, with luck, jam next year.

His description of the mild, centre right government and nanny state of the UK as fascist is not only a calculated insult to us here it should come as a surprise to the good people of Buenos Aires who know in reality what that word actually means. It isn't silly flag waving on the Mall because a woman was accidentally born in the right place at the right time. It isn't singing God Save The Queen when an athlete called Mohammed wins double gold. We only have the disenchanted, Argentina has the disappeared. The Argentinians have seen fascism up close, with its muddy boots and mass graves.

Within the next three months Morrissey will (assuming he is well enough) clamber up on a stage in BA and tell the baying nationalists that the Malvinas are theirs. They will cheer him and perhaps chant "Ar-gen-tina!!", forgetting for a moment that it was people their age who were conscripted by a military junta not so very long ago to face the Royal Marines in battle and die. Morrissey might then take a moment to give an interview or two in which he will revisit the hateful day a nation was rather pleased a bloke in a red, white and blue leotard and silly hat rode a bike faster than someone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_cdast5WU8

MONEY GRAB!

This is ridiculous. Anyone who sees this as a gesture of good will by Morrissey is probably from that horrid fawning site. He is recouping his losses--plain and simple.

y Colombia???

I am glad to hear he will be back on stage. I don't care of it's South America, UK, or U.S. I'm happy the man is continuing.

This site, which I enjoy most of the time, is full of so much bashing and criticisim, why? Every statement is scrutinized and personalized by the haters, the man can do no right in your eyes, why? If he's so irrelevant now and not capable, in your eyes, of creating any good work, then go somewhere else, find some one else to follow.

I attended and I am thankful for The Staples Show, HHigh, and Davis. The man was f***ing amazing, best I've seen him in a long time, and we're talking lot's of shows. I think, when he is healthy, he's been at his best as of late on stage!

I have had plenty dates cancelled and travel arrangements that needed to be changed due to the recent tour, but I'm OK, your OK, the point is he's OK. If he weren't "going on" with performing, what would many of you on here be left to do, pick apart every solo release he's had, his statements, etc. I feel for the fans that have lost out on monies, arrangements for travel etc, and most of all the joy of seeing Moz on stage.

I'm hoping he'll come round the US and again for some missed shows, then head off to the UK, be ready for it.

And by the way, Happy Easter everyone~

That f***er, Morrissey! I bet he won't reschedule the US dates. So tired of his drama, Im ready to turn in my fan card. I bought tickets to a concert 6 hours away from my house, made plans to travel and stay, and he canceled. BUT he can resume the tour elsewhere. Wanker. Well, I'm seeing Johnny Marr soon, heard he has been much better than Moz in recent shows.

people shouldn't try and make excuses for him.

announcing these dates after recently cancelling loads of north american dates is wrong

also, as predicted. no UK shows, y u do this moz

So you are complaining that he is playing so soon after cancellations, and complaining that he isn't playing the uk?

Make up your mind.

Fact is, Morrissey has no obligation to play anywhere. The UK has been very well catered for gig wise over the years, and will no doubt be high on the list for future gigs.

Also, "y u do"? What age are you? 9?

You're not part of "the crèche". You are playin' a whole 'nother ball game.

Hmmmmmm. Do I want to see people and lights? Or do I want to see the ball game and the crowd? :p (I love that one.) "I don't care if I ever get back for its..." :sweet:

No but srsly. Twenty-thousand posts pretty much seals the deal I'm part of the crèche. :D Just not the hateful part.

I am glad to hear he will be back on stage. I don't care of it's South America, UK, or U.S. I'm happy the man is continuing.

This site, which I enjoy most of the time, is full of so much bashing and criticisim, why? Every statement is scrutinized and personalized by the haters, the man can do no right in your eyes, why? If he's so irrelevant now and not capable, in your eyes, of creating any good work, then go somewhere else, find some one else to follow.

I attended and I am thankful for The Staples Show, HHigh, and Davis. The man was f***ing amazing, best I've seen him in a long time, and we're talking lot's of shows. I think, when he is healthy, he's been at his best as of late on stage!

I have had plenty dates cancelled and travel arrangements that needed to be changed due to the recent tour, but I'm OK, your OK, the point is he's OK. If he weren't "going on" with performing, what would many of you on here be left to do, pick apart every solo release he's had, his statements, etc. I feel for the fans that have lost out on monies, arrangements for travel etc, and most of all the joy of seeing Moz on stage.

I'm hoping he'll come round the US and again for some missed shows, then head off to the UK, be ready for it.

And by the way, Happy Easter everyone~

He's a big boy. If he can give it out he should be able to take it.

Happy Easter.

Argentinaaaaaaa vamosss, nada detiene a Mozz

This site should have a betting pool, involving:
1. How many dates will be cancelled/postponed
2. What excuses will be offered for the cancellations/postponements

Yes competition time folks, what excuses will be offered for the cancellations/postponements ? You know like erm ! "The bassist has a spinal injury", or "Boz has got flu". No wait "The whole band has got the flu virus and Morrissey wishes them all well" or "Morrissey has had to return to the UK to look after his Mum"

Heres one. Statement TTY

It is with great sadness that Morrissey has had to postpone tonights show at the eleventh hour due to his sound tech "Milky-Millwood" suffering from acute tinitus in his left ear. Milky is a very important knob twiddler and crew member and without him the show just can't happen. Morrissey would like to wish Milky a speedy
recovery.
Please keep hold of tickets for further dissapointments.

US was cancelled because tickets weren't selling....Moz has pulled shit like this forever, just like when he bailed on Bowie on the Outside tour because he was getting bad reactions from the crowd because most of the setlist was that piece of shit 'southpaw grammar' album....and then he mysteriously disappeared off the tour....

Chile . Chile . Chile . Chile
It spells....................... again?.. YES , MORRISSEY IN SOUTH AMERICA AGAIN !

What about the UK ?? COME ON MOZ.....a full UK tour is a must,its been way too long.

No! No! No!
Dear Morrissey, please, please, please do not announce any UK dates you tour-whore, we've f***ing heard all the songs before no matter how much Buzz Borer and Jessica Toby-Jug bastardize them through the sausage machine ! Please think of our ears and let us remember the good old days and how the songs should sound. I'm not saying go and reform The Smiths ! Just accept your age/health and shut up ! Yes shut it don't sing and don't speak anymore.
Or you could always write some new songs (Decent ones though)

On behalf of the UK

It is with great sadness that Morrissey has had to postpone tonights show at the eleventh hour due to his sound tech "Milky-Millwood" suffering from acute tinitus in his left ear. Milky is a very important knob twiddler and crew member and without him the show just can't happen. Morrissey would like to wish Milky a speedy
recovery.
Please keep hold of tickets for further dissapointments.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom