Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July; Morrissey decline

June and July - true-to-you.net

30 March 2013

June and July

Morrissey is scheduled to play shows in seven cities in Mexico in June, rounding-off at the National Auditorium in Mexico City. Morrissey will also appear on two national television shows. The dates in Mexico will be followed by concerts in Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile. Details will be announced shortly.
Morrissey has declined to take part in two upcoming British television documentaries on the Smiths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July

Tijuana, Méxicooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Re: Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July

why not Europe? ffs:////

US was cancelled because tickets weren't selling....Moz has pulled shit like this forever, just like when he bailed on Bowie on the Outside tour because he was getting bad reactions from the crowd because most of the setlist was that piece of shit 'southpaw grammar' album....and then he mysteriously disappeared off the tour....

Except they were all sold out. Jay-sus!

I happen to agree with you Mr. Barleycorn (on quite a few things). Your input here isn't at all mindless, but it is a bit savage. Morrissey's Norway comments were beyond the pale and a painful career low: at least he had the good sense to apologize.

I discovered Nick Cave at the same time that I discovered The Smiths (in the early '80s): Morrissey and Nick were two of the sharpest knives in the Post-Punk drawer. Yes, the quality of Nick Cave's musical output has been fairly high over the last 30 years and he's had the good sense (and mental fortitude) to collaborate with talented, sophisticated, top-notch musicians. It has always been my feeling that Nick Cave is much higher-functioning than Morrissey in that regard; I never doubted that Nick would have a long life as a creative force. Morrissey, on the other hand, always seemed a bit hapless, his people skills not being up to the job of organizing and managing a band of equal players. Yes, Morrissey should take a page from Nick Cave's book and find creative, sophisticated musicians to collaborate with. His current band cooks live, but they won't push him or take him anywhere new.

An interesting note: I saw Nick Cave live the other night - the show was just fantastic. Nick prowled the stage like his old self; he looked great and he sounded even better. He's still got a sharp, clever tongue and (unlike Morrissey) he was able to dispatch a heckler in the middle of a song with some wicked, improvised lyrics. The new material sounded impressive and the current incarnation of the Bad Seeds (sans Nick Harvey ad Blixa Bargeld, sadly) were a musical force to be reckoned with. The crowd was on its feet the whole time, and afterwards there were tears in the wide-eyes of kids who weren't even born when Nick first began singing his ballads of murder and despair. I came away thinking "the old boy's still got it!"

Then I decided to check out what people were saying online. What did I discover? Bitter "original" fans who said that the show was awful, that Nick has sold out, that he's lost it because he's married to a model and his kids have a nanny. That he's just in it for the cash. His old fans know for a fact that Nick hasn't done anything of interest in the last decade, that he's a shadow of his former self, and that he's a sad, washed-up old has-been who should just leave the stage with what little dignity he has left. In short, Nick Cave's online fanbase is almost as bitter and disappointed as Morrissey's. Almost.

If we looked hard enough we could probably find a Nosebleeds fan who hates the Smiths.

I'm sure there are Cave fans who yearn for the days of the Birthday Party, but Cave has had great critical success over the last decade, whether with the Bad Seeds, Grinderman, or even his film soundtrack work. In that time he has also released stuff I could take or leave, but he doesn't tend to talk bollocks just to get a headline here or there.

Morrissey's latest few songs are not the first that have not particularly impressed me, but that is no different to any other artist ever. What is different is his attention seeking behaviour. I always assumed he was above that.

It doesn't do any good to speculate why Morrissey does what he does or how he does it. I'm sure there's a good reason why he's starting off in South America this time round. Some of you people make him out like he's the anti-Christ or something and he's got a personal vendetta against you!

He'll make his way back to the States soon, I'm sure. That's why I'm not upset about these dates. Plus, being that I'm in a new job I need to collect time off for future shows. I had already asked twice in three months for days off when he rescheduled in January and April. Being that my job is quite demanding in Spring and Summer...I guess I'm kind of thankful. Had he scheduled dates here in June or July there would have been a great possibility that I'd have missed him - which would have been very depressing for me! I'm sure my boss would not have been pleased with another time off request form.

And for European fans - maybe he'll go from South America to Europe, so hopefully you'll have something to look forward to soon :)

It doesn't do any good to speculate why Morrissey does what he does or how he does it. I'm sure there's a good reason why he's starting off in South America this time round. Some of you people make him out like he's the anti-Christ or something and he's got a personal vendetta against you!

He'll make his way back to the States soon, I'm sure. That's why I'm not upset about these dates. Plus, being that I'm in a new job I need to collect time off for future shows. I had already asked twice in three months for days off when he rescheduled in January and April. Being that my job is quite demanding in Spring and Summer...I guess I'm kind of thankful. Had he scheduled dates here in June or July there would have been a great possibility that I'd have missed him - which would have been very depressing for me! I'm sure my boss would not have been pleased with another time off request form.

And for European fans - maybe he'll go from South America to Europe, so hopefully you'll have something to look forward to soon :)

:clap:

I look at it this way, he's planning to tour again, which gives me hope that he's planning to tour the US again. I'll be there when he does.

CD. JUAREZ, CHIHUAHUA, MEXICO Por favor!!! That should make up 4 the cancelled show in El Paso. Viva Norrissey!

Are you serious? Cd Juarez is THE most dangerous city in Mexico...
He'll probably go to Monterrey, Guadalajara, State of Mexico and Mexico City. I don't know which are the other cities, but certainly not Ciudad Juarez...

I think he got away with the Chinese sub-species comment partly because there has been a Chinese scientific theory many decades old which states that very thing as a fact.

Norway was the last straw for me too, closely followed by the Queen in Ireland thing.

His comments on the Falklands where an insult to the soldiers of both sides who payed the ultimate price with their lives. How low to shit-stir
from the safety of his stage/security for his own publicity. I'd love it if one of our troops payed him back with a good kicking for those comments.

William

I look at it this way, he's planning to tour again, which gives me hope that he's planning to tour the US again. I'll be there when he does.

I agree; the fact that he is touring is a positive sign, just as long as he has allowed himself to get healthy enough to sustain the tour. He has to wait on American shows because the cancellations are too recent and venues will be afraid to book him. I wonder how many of the moaners will be standing in line to be front and center once he does return to the US, and how many of these people posted their best wishes when he was ill. You love him, you hate him, you love to hate him, you just cannot make up your minds. If you truly care about someone, you do not abandon them because they disappoint you occassionally. If you have been following him for years, then you should know his behavior patterns by now, and you can choose to stand behind him or leave him; you have free will!. Yes, he has transcended from the boy with the thorn in his side to the man with the giant bug up his ass, but that is unfortunately a symptom of middle-age. How many of you are always kind and compassionate, how many of you never disappoint the ones you love, and more importantly, how many of you can honestly say that you are not concerned about earning a good living? You judge him harshly for behavior that most people exhibit. In spite of a certain book title, he is not a saint, he is human, and he needs to be loved. I love you MOZ, unconditionally.

Lynnda, wishing that I was seeing the beloved at the Tower this Saturday
....It's just so lonely here without you...

i agree; the fact that he is touring is a positive sign, just as long as he has allowed himself to get healthy enough to sustain the tour. He has to wait on american shows because the cancellations are too recent and venues will be afraid to book him. I wonder how many of the moaners will be standing in line to be front and center once he does return to the us, and how many of these people posted their best wishes when he was ill. You love him, you hate him, you love to hate him, you just cannot make up your minds. If you truly care about someone, you do not abandon them because they disappoint you occassionally. If you have been following him for years, then you should know his behavior patterns by now, and you can choose to stand behind him or leave him; you have free will!. Yes, he has transcended from the boy with the thorn in his side to the man with the giant bug up his ass, but that is unfortunately a symptom of middle-age. How many of you are always kind and compassionate, how many of you never disappoint the ones you love, and more importantly, how many of you can honestly say that you are not concerned about earning a good living? You judge him harshly for behavior that most people exhibit. In spite of a certain book title, he is not a saint, he is human, and he needs to be loved. I love you moz, unconditionally.

Lynnda, wishing that i was seeing the beloved at the tower this saturday
....it's just so lonely here without you...

this as well~

I agree; the fact that he is touring is a positive sign, just as long as he has allowed himself to get healthy enough to sustain the tour. He has to wait on American shows because the cancellations are too recent and venues will be afraid to book him. I wonder how many of the moaners will be standing in line to be front and center once he does return to the US, and how many of these people posted their best wishes when he was ill. You love him, you hate him, you love to hate him, you just cannot make up your minds. If you truly care about someone, you do not abandon them because they disappoint you occassionally. If you have been following him for years, then you should know his behavior patterns by now, and you can choose to stand behind him or leave him; you have free will!. Yes, he has transcended from the boy with the thorn in his side to the man with the giant bug up his ass, but that is unfortunately a symptom of middle-age. How many of you are always kind and compassionate, how many of you never disappoint the ones you love, and more importantly, how many of you can honestly say that you are not concerned about earning a good living? You judge him harshly for behavior that most people exhibit. In spite of a certain book title, he is not a saint, he is human, and he needs to be loved. I love you MOZ, unconditionally.

Lynnda, wishing that I was seeing the beloved at the Tower this Saturday
....It's just so lonely here without you...

Shit songs, Shit comments about my Country and Queen, T A X questions, Falklands, Norway, Kate Middleton/ William, Ireland, Multiculture !

Dear Prime Minister put this man on the gallows NOW.

And because he can take our money and pay the medical bills. Well, I will see him in Chile but I don't think he is being nice with the americans fans. But the only reason I can see for this decision is the money.

Yes, i would agree, he is doing those tours for money and money alone-the same with countries like turkey etc.
Although to be fair he like south america.
I just hope he gets well and when he takes to the road again gets a good support slot-i know he has a dark sense of humour BUT making the fans endure her again as well as a rarely changing set list is a bit much.

I suspect that this leg of the tour was in the planning stage pre-cancellations.

Mexico te espera morrisseyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Graciassssss!!el mejor!!!!!

Shit songs, Shit comments about my Country and Queen, T A X questions, Falklands, Norway, Kate Middleton/ William, Ireland, Multiculture !

Dear Prime Minister put this man on the gallows NOW.

If you don't like him, then don't look at him. If Morrissey causes you this much frustration, then simply step away from your computer and away from this site. Everyone has assumed that he is not paying taxes, but this conclusion was based on some comments made here. In the US, if you work here, you pay income tax in the state where the income was generated, so I would presume that he has to do that as well. Also, in America, you have to pay property tax on any homes owned; I wouldn't begin to claim that I know the first thing about the taxation laws of other countries, but if the same rules apply, then he has to pay that wherever he still owns property. Additionally, he is spending money in any location that he visits, which helps that local economy, especially when fans come to stay in the same town. As for the other issues, these were political statements that he made based on his own beliefs; he never demanded that you agree with him. I cannot understand why someone who is "over" him would spend such an exorbitant amount of time on this site, or any time for that matter. It is clear that you sit in the silent solitude of your room, waiting to pounce on anything the man does or says. Why not find someone new to follow?

you haters, instead talking a lot of shit then come to south america and probably can witness the performance of a never-played song (like "Sheyla take a bow" last year in Lima, Peru)
hugs and kisses, then f*** yourselves

Not sure why people are getting upset. Odds are he'll probably cancel most of these dates anyway.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom