Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July; Morrissey decline

June and July - true-to-you.net

30 March 2013

June and July

Morrissey is scheduled to play shows in seven cities in Mexico in June, rounding-off at the National Auditorium in Mexico City. Morrissey will also appear on two national television shows. The dates in Mexico will be followed by concerts in Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile. Details will be announced shortly.
Morrissey has declined to take part in two upcoming British television documentaries on the Smiths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July

Im pretty mad because you postponed el paso 3 times and you just cancelled once! Mexico and you prefer to go to mexico but i know why i hope i can get my money back i love you MOZ HOPE you get better soon

Re: Article: Morrissey tour in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile in June/July

yea I agree I was supposed to go to the chicago concert & it for canceled 3 times :'(

Yeah! I know i dont want to sound bad but the reason why is in mexico People pay more money to see him and as you can see he'll also appear on tv MORE MONEY! I've waiting for him almost a year for nothing he postponed us twice and finally he cancelled us :(

You don't get it do you ? Canada is off the list because of the way they treat seals ! You lot are off the list for the way you treat molluscs/snails !
Standards can't be dropped when your an international veggie like Morrissey !
Snails are meat and meat is murder so tough shit you lot

Mea culpa for the Canada, but the story how Canada treated seals is very stupid from Morrissey. The boycott of ONE man is sterile.
All the canadians don't kill seals as all the french don't eat molluscs or snails or "foie gras"
In each country in the world there are bad treatment on animals.
America, South America or UK are no exception to the rule.
S101

CD. JUAREZ, CHIHUAHUA, MEXICO Por favor!!! That should make up 4 the cancelled show in El Paso. Viva Norrissey!

Pinche morrissey :/ ya nos cancelo ya 3 veces nos habia pospuesto eñ concierto y ahora con esto /: prefirio irse para alla y cancelo a todo US esperandolp desde noviembre 27 del 2012

I simply don't care ... I only want to see him in Chile. About his opinions and sayings or problems with insurances ... well, no matter to me at all.

I think he just has to go where the money is. Sadly he no longer has any relevance musically, and his dopey pronouncements on a range of subjects he clearly has little or no knowledge of has alienated a significant number of people who once idolised him. He is needing to go further outside the English speaking world to be taken seriously.

Perhaps if you are living in a nation like Argentina, which could quite easily revert back to a fascist state by this time next week, Morrissey's misanthropic pseudo literary schtick still holds water. Here many of us have heard it all before and just want decent new songs instead, but of course touring is jam today, while recording an album is, with luck, jam next year.

His description of the mild, centre right government and nanny state of the UK as fascist is not only a calculated insult to us here it should come as a surprise to the good people of Buenos Aires who know in reality what that word actually means. It isn't silly flag waving on the Mall because a woman was accidentally born in the right place at the right time. It isn't singing God Save The Queen when an athlete called Mohammed wins double gold. We only have the disenchanted, Argentina has the disappeared. The Argentinians have seen fascism up close, with its muddy boots and mass graves.

Within the next three months Morrissey will (assuming he is well enough) clamber up on a stage in BA and tell the baying nationalists that the Malvinas are theirs. They will cheer him and perhaps chant "Ar-gen-tina!!", forgetting for a moment that it was people their age who were conscripted by a military junta not so very long ago to face the Royal Marines in battle and die. Morrissey might then take a moment to give an interview or two in which he will revisit the hateful day a nation was rather pleased a bloke in a red, white and blue leotard and silly hat rode a bike faster than someone else.

Superb post. On Argentina as on just about every over topic he's opined upon from his misinformed foggy mind in the last few years, Morrissey reveals himself as a clueless dupe. A man who claims he is an English Republican, but appears not to have any alignment to any group working for that future, will go to a country with profound economic and political PTSD and a legacy of fascist horror to make fatuous remarks whose only purpose is to bolster his absurd radical pretensions. Is he domiciled for tax purposes in Argentina? I doubt it. Where he does pay tax remains the only relevant question with regard to his face-time attention whore public provocative 'announcements'. Morrissey is not an intellectual, he is a political dilettante. At 23 that's amusing, at 53 it's ridiculous.

Superb post. On Argentina as on just about every over topic he's opined upon from his misinformed foggy mind in the last few years, Morrissey reveals himself as a clueless dupe. A man who claims he is an English Republican, but appears not to have any alignment to any group working for that future, will go to a country with profound economic and political PTSD and a legacy of fascist horror to make fatuous remarks whose only purpose is to bolster his absurd radical pretensions. Is he domiciled for tax purposes in Argentina? I doubt it. Where he does pay tax remains the only relevant question with regard to his face-time attention whore public provocative 'announcements'. Morrissey is not an intellectual, he is a political dilettante. At 23 that's amusing, at 53 it's ridiculous.

Yes where does he pay his tax ? I would like to know that, is it possible to find out anyone ?

Yeah! I know i dont want to sound bad but the reason why is in mexico People pay more money to see him and as you can see he'll also appear on tv MORE MONEY! I've waiting for him almost a year for nothing he postponed us twice and finally he cancelled us :(

so lets get this right. You think it is in Morrissey's financial interests to arrange concerts in El Paso twice, have crew and band fly in from various places, put them up in hotels, hire venues for rehearsals, book venues, pay promoters, hire equipment etc, then cancel, and move the same crew and band to Mexico?

you think this is part of a financial strategy on his part?

It's pretty amazing. I'm excited with these news.

Yes where does he pay his tax ? I would like to know that, is it possible to find out anyone ?

And it's important you know this because...?

MONEY GRAB!

This is ridiculous. Anyone who sees this as a gesture of good will by Morrissey is probably from that horrid fawning site. He is recouping his losses--plain and simple.

I see it like this.
He's been advised to retire due to health, America is impossible to finish off due to insurance, he can't shift tickets of any decent number in the uk, so South America is now gonna get raped bigtime ! His last big payday squeezing every last drop of cash out of these very old tired songs. I bet he's signing all sorts of shit to sell at shows as we speak while babbling and ranting silly remarks and quips about his hate of England and the English.
Its a funny old thing greed.

More wants more !

And it's important you know this because...?

Because people in the UK are sick of people living and working in the UK and not contributing to the system you idiot.
And if he's slagging England like he does and not paying up I think the people of England will want to throw rotten fruit at him.

The only thing Kristeen Young loves more than being told she's beautiful and talented and misunderstood by Morrissey fans is bashing religion and God and babies and life, all things South Americans pretty much love. So no, I seriously doubt South America loves Kristeen. I have an idea though. Why doesn't she tour there on her own? Or better yet, maybe she could tour there with David Bowie since he's such a successful chart topper and they must be close friends because they sang together once, I bet he'd lug her around South America?

Why the f*** do you care what the crèche thinks? Don't f*** with porcupines.

You tell em CrystalGeezer! I was thinking the same thing. God forbid that Bowie drag KY around! THAT would be the end of the world. She doesn't tour on her own because noone will foot the bill for her! AND noone really wants to see her or listen to her.

He is just selective, everyone knows how wonderful the history of treatment to animals is in Mexico.

Maybe the animals want him to tour there for a reason. He should go to Canada too. *walks quietly out of the room whistling with hands in pocket*

Is it really that upsetting that Moz skipped out on all those canceled U.S. dates considering it's Jesse Tobias on guitar?

Have a moment of clarity.

You actually want to listen to the dreadful Jesse Tobias?

At least with canceled shows, you wont have to listen to the sonic train-wreck that is Jesse Tobias.

Please Moz do us all a big favor, as you travel around South America....leave Jesse in a cave deep in the bowls of Argentina.

We'd all be better off for it.

He's terrible.

539209_431738406916663_349997534_n.jpg

My guess is he pays them in Britain.

He doesn't live there, so no. I think his current hoping from country to country sees him not have to pay residential tax. I truly think that is why he went to Mexico to recuperate as he would have been in the US for so many days, therefore having to pay residential tax. The tax laws of each country are different, but I'm sure Morrissey's accountant knows the way the system works.

He doesn't live there, so no. I think his current hoping from country to country sees him not have to pay residential tax. I truly think that is why he went to Mexico to recuperate as he would have been in the US for so many days, therefore having to pay residential tax. The tax laws of each country are different, but I'm sure Morrissey's accountant knows the way the system works.
This Librarian Makes sense,he's certainly not sick.

This Librarian Makes sense,he's certainly not sick.

Right thats it for me then 'Morrissey avoidence' from now on he's not having a bean of my hard earned bread.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom