Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015 (Ma

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

I'll be going to all 4 nights and have my fingers crossed for the ballot.

Nice one! I lived in Sydney from 1999 to 2002 and loved every minute of it. Would have been amazing to see Moz play there. I'm disgusted as I look out the window in rain drenched Ireland. You are one lucky duck. I can't even imagine what four nights of Moz would be like. Hopefully he will realise that some people will go to more than one concert and try to mix up the setlist even a little bit, although I know he is terrible for not mixing it up. He might surprise everyone this time.

Imagine if he did 2 albums a night: e.g. 'Your Arsenal/Vauxhall' on night one. 'Maladjusted/Southpaw' on night two. 'Quarry/Ringleader' on night three. 'Refusal/World Peace' on night four. With an encore of greatest hits (e.g. Suedehead, Everyday, Last of Famous) at the end of each. Then record the whole bloody thing and release a double disc dvd/blu ray of all the concerts. Now that would be doing it right!!! I know that's never gonna happen. Considering the fact he is doing a four night 'residence' he should really have the time to do longer concerts. I've never been happy with the short duration of 1hr 10 minutes.

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

Serious question. Who the hell goes to a concert and eats a meal? Am I the only person who has never consumed food at a concert? (Aside from eating a pretzel at the Glasshouse to soak up some booze to get my wasted ass home?) Who would COMPLAIN about not eating a hot dog at a 90 minute concert?
At last someone makes the point!! Would you not eat before or after in a bit of comfort rather than on your feet at a concert?? Anyway like you Crystal, hope Moz and Boz love Oz x

Sending positive ballot vibes in all the Mozzy Ozzy's directions. The Kookaburra goes HA HA HA!

Thanks CG :)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice one! I lived in Sydney from 1999 to 2002 and loved every minute of it. Would have been amazing to see Moz play there. I'm disgusted as I look out the window in rain drenched Ireland. You are one lucky duck. I can't even imagine what four nights of Moz would be like. Hopefully he will realise that some people will go to more than one concert and try to mix up the setlist even a little bit, although I know he is terrible for not mixing it up. He might surprise everyone this time.

Imagine if he did 2 albums a night: e.g. 'Your Arsenal/Vauxhall' on night one. 'Maladjusted/Southpaw' on night two. 'Quarry/Ringleader' on night three. 'Refusal/World Peace' on night four. With an encore of greatest hits (e.g. Suedehead, Everyday, Last of Famous) at the end of each. Then record the whole bloody thing and release a double disc dvd/blu ray of all the concerts. Now that would be doing it right!!! I know that's never gonna happen. Considering the fact he is doing a four night 'residence' he should really have the time to do longer concerts. I've never been happy with the short duration of 1hr 10 minutes.

That is one sweet run of gigs you've conjured up there Acton :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Before anyone says "oh please come to Flint or Pittsburgh, there will be no US tour this year sorry to say. The interest isn't there except for in CA and the Northeast, so he is really digging deep now, I mean having to fly all the way to Australia to get more cash to afford his extravagant Malibu lifestyle, endless pasta at some high end Italian restaurant in West Hollywood, and I'm sure Nancy is high maintenance. What's next, Brazil and Argentina?

You have zero inside information. The man has been at a hotel since he landed in LA.

Please get some psychological help.

109$!!!

Everything here is working against me - chance of getting a ticket in the ballot, the fact that my major assignment is due that weekend, that my first exam is just days afterwards, that I'm a student and getting the money together at short notice for ticket + flights + accommodation is going to be a real ball buster at a time when money is so tight. BUT, holy shit I have to go for it.

Just .... for the love of God Morrissey don't A). cancel. or, B). Announce a show in Melbourne at the last minute right after I have booked everything.

Well I certainly didn't expect to wake up to this! Love living in Sydney now.

Yes I am excited and then this ballot bullshit has me worried.

Wonderful news!

The ballot application process has got me worried about my chances (pretty sure they didn't do a ballot when The Cure were the headline at Vivid)

I wish all of you luck. This ballot ticketing sounds like a nightmare.

I love this photo they picked. :horny:

488578-b869d072-bbe4-11e4-a901-79cc3d20af7b.jpg

CG imagining her head just below Morrissey's left hand. We saw it coming.

CG imagining her head just below Morrissey's left hand. We saw it coming.

PM me to make it happen, Moz. ;)

PM me to make it happen, Moz. ;)

He has the money to hire classier whores than you. You are cheap. Is your business with Morrissey fans in Los Angeles not doing well enough? Maybe you can get some advise from that person who finances her touring with Morrissey as a domina. Her tour diary is far more interesting than anything you'll ever come up with. And before you mention Rubens again, you obviously don't notice that even though the women in his paintings are obese, they are far better looking than you ever will be.

I wish all of you luck. This ballot ticketing sounds like a nightmare.

A friend of mine that will be going with me said She saw Kraftwerk at the Opera House via a ballot system and she got all the tickets she was after. Sounds promising :)

Serious question. Who the hell goes to a concert and eats a meal? Am I the only person who has never consumed food at a concert? (Aside from eating a pretzel at the Glasshouse to soak up some booze to get my wasted ass home?) Who would COMPLAIN about not eating a hot dog at a 90 minute concert?

I had a salad sandwich a the Point in 2004. I'd driven for four hours, nearly been killed three times by shit Irish drivers and needed something unsubstantial to soak up the booze I was about to hammer. I figured if I got pissed my wife would have to do the drive of death on the way back.

Back on topic, great venue, how does that ballot work?

I had a salad sandwich a the Point in 2004. I'd driven for four hours, nearly been killed three times by shit Irish drivers and needed something unsubstantial to soak up the booze I was about to hammer. I figured if I got pissed my wife would have to do the drive of death on the way back.

Back on topic, great venue, how does that ballot work?

Hahah we were at the same concert then. And I drove to it. Hope it wasn't me going all Death Proof on you, Charlie C.
I was thinking outside the Moz Dublin concert in December 2014: 'how many of the people in this queue are registered members of Morrissey solo?'. God knows who I was standing beside. There should be a forum for people from Moz Solo attending each concert, so you could meet them beforehand or immediately after the concert just to say hello. It sounds a bit airy fairy and probably is.

Hahah we were at the same concert then. And I drove to it. Hope it wasn't me going all Death Proof on you, Charlie C.
I was thinking outside the Moz Dublin concert in December 2014: 'how many of the people in this queue are registered members of Morrissey solo?'. God knows who I was standing beside. There should be a forum for people from Moz Solo attending each concert, so you could meet them beforehand or immediately after the concert just to say hello. It sounds a bit airy fairy and probably is.

I vaguely remember all the potential killers being lorry drivers, the Motorway was new back then and no f***er seemed to know how to drive on it.

I hadn't heard of this place back then, I was on some "official" forum back then. If there was a meet up from people on here half of them would probably give me a slap. I'd get 'em a drink after.

He has the money to hire classier whores than you. You are cheap. Is your business with Morrissey fans in Los Angeles not doing well enough? Maybe you can get some advise from that person who finances her touring with Morrissey as a domina. Her tour diary is far more interesting than anything you'll ever come up with. And before you mention Rubens again, you obviously don't notice that even though the women in his paintings are obese, they are far better looking than you ever will be.

I'm going to make you so sad it's delightful.

I have some advise for you. Learn how to spell.

I have some advise for you. Learn how to spell.

You little arsehole could do me a favour and delete me from your shitty "friends" list. I lost my password and the e-mail address that I once used is defunct. Otherwise I'd have long done it myself. The funny part is that I have to type "Friends Forever" in that captcha, my goodness.

Clearly the Aussies don't read So_Low or they would have got the memo that no booking agent would ever touch Morrissey again and all his fans have deserted him... (or not). :D

Spectacularly thwarted, watch the usual f***tards try to spin this into a negative story re meat/ballots... so predictable, so boring, so inconsequential.

So the other day the photoshopped pic *had* to be Morrissey's doing because he uses TTY as his own personal internet interface, yet today Julia didn't know about Sydney until she read it here...? Make your f***ing mind up, children, you can't have it both ways. This childishly desperate (and desperately childish) need to vilify is incredibly ironic given what the usual suspects frequently accuse Morrissey of: "Boo-hoo, I wish Morrissey would f***ing shut up... I'm sick of him having a go at the Royal Family and moaning about fur and whining about vegetarianism...it's so f***ing tedious and he's talking out of his arse, the silly old f***er" say the usual suspects, having a go at Morrissey every single day, with equally repetitive, equally tedious whining and moaning, talking right out of their arses, the silly old f***ers, while everyone wishes they would f***ing shut up.

"The subsequent release of World Peace Is None of Your Business proved to be a masterpiece that resonated worldwide with fans and critics alike." I missed that ...

Shouldn't the title of this be "Morrissey scheduled to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House"?

Shouldn't the title of this be "Morrissey scheduled to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House"?

right, my advice is if you are going to buy tickets make sure it for the first two shows.
and to those asking who eats at concerts, my answer is probably nobody, that why the have dozens of food and beverage outlets at the venue, because nobody eats or drinks at a concert.

Back
Top Bottom