Article: Morrissey statement - TTY; Denver (2/21), Salt Lake City (2/22) and San Francisco (2/24) po

Re: Morrissey Statement 16 Feb 2013 - TTY

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_130216_01

Statement 16 February 2013

Statement:

I am terribly sorry that the next three shows have been moved back. The worst is for the best. I am certainly on the road to recovery, but caution and prevention demand further IV blood work lest I keel over and die before your very eyes. I apologize to an almost annoying degree for any trouble I've caused to anyone by way of travel plans and dog-sitters and ticket-outlay and re-molded hairstyles. I should be as fit as a ferret for San Diego. Please don't be too appalled if you see me out and about this week in the Hollywood area. Perversely, it's all in accordance with doctor's orders: to have myself re-integrated with the call of the greasepaint and the smell of the crowd; the flash of light and the full thrust of mosh-pit sound. Illness turns the body into a complete stranger, and I'll be testing the capabilities of my strides at the most unlikely music shows this week. The will to get on with it runs strong. Even death can be used as a springboard. For those scholars who are heatedly curious, my ulcer is now under reins, even if neither asleep nor dead, but the continued cause for concern is a slightly embarrassing absence of blood – most of which the bleeding ulcer relieved me of. Anemia sets its own terms with quite obvious biological conclusions, and I have spent these last weeks under expert medical care in Los Angeles with an almost erotic dependency on various IV drips. Sitting around reading indecent books is no substitute for continuing the tour, but my progress holds great promise and Flint shall not escape quite so lightly. We are all at the mercy of biological chance, and I once again beg for your liberal tolerance. If you bump into me this week at a heavy rock show, please understand that I'm lowering myself into the cut and thrust after weeks on ice - horizontal, with sockets empty of eyes. In the midst of the abyss, I'm saved by the news that tickets for the tour continue to sell very well, and my straightjacket twitches with excited gratitude. But the patient must be patient. Our goal, now, is San Diego, by which time my blood-work shall have finally taken its course and I shall be shot from a cannon and might even be equipped with an extra eye. We just never know, do we? Being on life's danger list, I've found, actually prevents you from thinking about how you are, and there's a bread-like warmth in giving in to whatever was meant for you and whatever wasn't. The only critical mistake might be to confuse your pre-med with creativity - which is certainly worth the confusion if it renders you not fully present in your own life. Finally, I gorge myself on thanks for the many and varied messages of support that I've received over these recent four weeks. They have yanked me out of prolonged mood dips and cured a crisis of spirits. I fully realize that the word 'cancellation' in every known dictionary is followed by my own name, but no morale drops as low as my own at the mere suggestion of re-jigging shows. I sincerely ask for your pardon and your understanding. As for those of you who claim to now be officially sick to death of me - if this is really true, then why exactly are you reading this? As a matter of fact, I am even prepared to humble myself to nothing before those who carp; you see, any hospital-stay leaves us in danger of becoming unnecessarily agreeable. Life will right itself.

Whatever happens, I love you.

Morrissey
Los Angeles
16 February 2013

We love you too, Moz.

What a wonderful, heartfelt note. I've always thought that a lot of Morrissey's TTY missives are usually "in character", and you can tell that's he playing to the gallery a little with the hyperbole and comic misanthropy, but not this time. Proof that when he drops the sour Grandad Groucho act, he's a lovely man. I'd love to know which 'indecent books' he's been reading :lbf:

The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. :D

Re: Article: Morrissey statement - TTY; Denver (2/21), Salt Lake City (2/22) and San

God almighty, reading that statement makes me realise how much I love the man. Not only can the man write the most wonderful of lyrics he can write the most wonderful PR releases. So many pale imitators out there. As Amy said, take away the gruff old granddad and he's a lovely man.

Frustrating for everyone involved, but the comeback will really be worth it.

:thumb:

Re: Article: Morrissey statement - TTY; Denver (2/21), Salt Lake City (2/22) and San

Dear Morrissey....I gave a pint of blood at the blood drive on 1 FEB. It's B-positive but you can trade it for whichever type you need! ;)

Does anyone wanna take a crack at paraphrasing this thought?

The only critical mistake might be to confuse your pre-med with creativity - which is certainly worth the confusion if it renders you not fully present in your own life.

I know that this is a public forum, but I feel as if I got a personal letter from a beloved old friend. That note just sounded so intimate and special.

Get well, big guy. Get some sleep.

What a wonderful, heartfelt note. I've always thought that a lot of Morrissey's TTY missives are usually "in character", and you can tell that's he playing to the gallery a little with the hyperbole and comic misanthropy, but not this time. Proof that when he drops the sour Grandad Groucho act, he's a lovely man. I'd love to know which 'indecent books' he's been reading :lbf:

Diaries by Edwina Currie.

I need rest, but I need to go out! I can't perform on stage, but I can go to rock concerts!

War is peace! freedom is slavery! Ignorance is strength!

It's astounding how stupid he thinks we are.

I agree with you that you are very stupid.

I'd love to know which 'indecent books' he's been reading :lbf:

Proof-reading the memoirs. With any luck :yum:

Morrissey needs to resurrect his old pseudonym, "Ann Coates," and write some novels.

Dear Morrissey.. i hope you can read these lines.. just now i'm listening your music... I think that most of people think that the most important thing is your health...
I'm very grateful because I saw you last year here in Lima-Peru. After that I can say that Dreams come true!! Please take care of yourself, doesn't matter if you give more concerts.. You did a lot giving us your amazing songs.. you probably don't know how I feel.. Only God knows.. I love you so much.. As I said before, the most important is your health.. kisses and hugs <3
There is a light that never goes out.. it is the love <3

The only critical mistake might be to confuse your pre-med with creativity - which is certainly worth the confusion if it renders you not fully present in your own life.

"Premed" may refer to the sedation he received prior to endoscopy (the scoping procedure used to look at his stomach ulcer). It's usually a mixture of intravenous Valium and Demerol, and it makes you quite loopy. My guess it that given the severity of his problem, he's probably had more than one endoscopy, so he may remember this feeling.

Pre-medication is also used prior to blood transfusions, of which I'm sure he's had a bunch. It usually involves intravenous Benadryl, which makes you drowsy.

Bottom line, Moz has been gettin' drugged up!

Morrissey, Get Well as you will on your time, Love to you

Whatever happens, I love you too.

I love Morrissey, too.

I hope that he or one of his assistants reads the posting here to know what his true fans - not the bottom-feeding trolls - feel for him. I love him and his music, and I want him to be well soon.

I saw him on two dates of this tour, and would have attended more if the cancellations had not occurred.

"The only critical mistake might be to confuse your pre-med with creativity - which is certainly worth the confusion if it renders you not fully present in your own life."

...and the drugs DO work...la la la la laaa...etc.

:squiffy: :yum:

Last edited:

If his blood work shows that he is anemic, he must have (or have had) a very serious ulcer. I hope it's nothing more serious, like a covert malignancy. Hopefully, he's been thoroughly examined.

By the way, it takes ~ 3 months for your bone marrow to nurture a red blood cell to full maturity, so he's likely to feel the effects of his anemia for a while. It's entirely sensible to him to be taking a chunk of time off. I'm sure the doc is insisting upon it.

"Life will right itself."

...and Love will keep us together!;)

Now let's rock in America!:D

Thank you Morrissey! We love you!:rock:

As I predicted when Las Vegas was cancelled the tour will resume in San Diego California. My source told me that once Morrissey was diagnosed with these conditions he was advised to take at least one month off. He is now committed to perform at the Six West Coast dates and hopefully will reschedule the remaining cancelled US dates in the spring.

Ambitious insider

"Premed" may refer to the sedation he received prior to endoscopy (the scoping procedure used to look at his stomach ulcer). It's usually a mixture of intravenous Valium and Demerol, and it makes you quite loopy. My guess it that given the severity of his problem, he's probably had more than one endoscopy, so he may remember this feeling.

Pre-medication is also used prior to blood transfusions, of which I'm sure he's had a bunch. It usually involves intravenous Benadryl, which makes you drowsy.

Bottom line, Moz has been gettin' drugged up!

Really? This sounds horrendous. I hope the worst of it is over and that he is feeling better.

I love you, Morrissey!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom