Article: Morrissey in the media - Jimmy Fallon impression, Sire's Top 100, Parenthetical Girls, Matt

Jimmy Fallon's Morrissey Impression

From January 2012:
Jimmy Fallon and guest Fred Armisen do a cute, impromptu impression of "Morrissey singing the Beatles!" :rolleyes:
Moz reference starts at 2:33 (after the requisite annoying ad!)

[video]http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2012/01/fred-armisen-talks-portlandia-and-channels-elvis-costello/[/video]

"The More You Ignore Me..." is #76 in Sire Record's Top 100 Hits!:clap:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/others/sire-s-top-100-hits-1005950352.story

Parenthetical Girls

Link from MORRIZSEY (original post):

Wallflower power
- Mirror
Parenthetical Girls’ founder, frontman and sometimes sole member Zac Pennington explains his roundabout route to music, his fetishistic M.O., his dark past as a music critic and his painful 13 seconds of Portlandia fame

Excerpt:

For the last hour, I’ve been playing with a video of Morrissey licking a chocolate bar in slow motion,” says Zac Pennington—he was in the midst of preparing background imagery for his band’s live show when the Mirror rang. “I had this idea of using a two-second clip from one of Morrissey’s old videos where he comically and suggestively licks a Hershey bar, and slowing it down to the most excruciating rate, so that it lasts for the duration of our set. I’ve just been mesmerized by it, but I don’t think I can bear to make people look at that for so long. I don’t think people have as much patience as I do.”

From Giselle:

Matt Walker interview where he discusses playing drums for Morrissey (2010)

Q: Any tunes in his repertoire that were more difficult to learn than you may have expected?
A:Some of The Smiths songs are a challenge. Not from a technical stand point, but trying to capture their essence which is largely dependent on the style of drummer Mike Joyce, and the way the drums and bass interacted. Additionally, there was a certain sound they had that lent itself to Morrissey’s vocals – In a live situation, with a catalog as expansive as Morrissey’s, it’s challenging to go from one era to the next in a single set, it’s almost like time travel.

MATT WALKER, man of 1,000 faces - Wobblehouse blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom