Article: "Morrissey Fansite Founder Responds to Alleged Threats" - Yahoo Music; Statement and TMZ Li

Re: DavidT speaks about threat

No one was ever going to get "killed" as you put it. I'd wager Morrissey and his Tour Manager just wanted to rough David up a bit... send a message as they used to say.
Actually, "killed" is correct. Morrissey was the first to question it in his statement yesterday. Also, it's mentioned in the articles, too. At any rate, David feels threatened and afraid. All because some idiot has nothing better to do with his time than to start insanely stupid rumors. No one needs that kind of stress in their life. "Shrug it off" is what it sounds like you're saying.

Last edited:

Utterly ludicrous. David Tseng the martyr fan. Morrissey the distant artist. The opportunistic moron looking for some ready cash.
David Tseng and Morrissey are as obstinate as each other. Morrissey banning him from gigs makes David Tseng more of a martyr. David Tseng attending gigs, that he knows he is not welcome to, smacks of ego. An ego perhaps the size of Morrissey's?

If David Tseng, the fan, believed in any way that Morrissey wished him harm then why is this website still live? Morrissey get things wrong (oh yes he does). He suffers, and has always suffered, from what is medically described as 'foot in the mouth disease'. The notion that he would be in any way linked to this puerile fairytale is laughable.

David Tseng response is to wallow in the uncertainty and fan the flames "now that the word is out, it’s probably less likely, but I’m still going to be careful now.”...with absolutely no knowledge "I don't know any details about the actual incidents that may have taken place". As has been pointed out these are alleged incidents but that does not seem to matter to the fan who manages and edits this site?

Please do not insult yourselves, or me, with a freedom of speech rant. This site does operate in that manner it and would be highly disingenuous to suggest that it does. This site has always been a breeding ground for bullies, egomaniacs and vile personalities - apparently all with a worthwhile view. There are of course glimmers of light from real fans. It those fans responses that I come here to read. Freedom of Speech - in this site is just gossip.

David Tseng if you believe for an instant that Morrissey is 'out to get you', please treat us all with a little respect and pull this site. Why would any sensible person maintain a fan site from someone they believe is attempting to harm them?

Let's call those mistakes, even if for the record I believe I have valid reasons those items were posted. Am I allowed a number of mistakes? Do you live a perfect life yourself?

Doesn't matter, you still posted them. That's like if you went and punched 2 people in the back of the head and then said "but what about all those thousands of times I didn't punch people!"

For your life to be threatened you actually have to have received a threat.

re your next post. How much are you willing to wager?

Oh no, that's incorrect.

Morrissey and his Tour Manager can have a very serious conversation about roughing you up. Once a plan has been formed, the threat has been put out there between two people. Do you really think some South African bodyguard is going to telegraph it for you?

"Hello Marred, how are you? I notice you're standing in line for the Morrissey show--nice to finally meet you. Oh, by the way, I just wanted to let you know, my boss asked me to kick your teeth in. It'll happen in about 10 minutes per Morrissey's orders--fair warning, old chap."

No. If Morrissey's threat was successfully carried out, you'd just get a fist to the back of the head and you'd wake up in some shitty Santa Ana hospital several hours later. You'd never see it coming.

As for the wager you mentioned, I'd bet the farm.

From NME, 2004: "And I think I've been accused of everything except murder (sighs) - which is bound to come at some stage, I don't doubt."

I agree with you. Why would he want David T beaten up? It makes no sense! As I said on another thread, if this was Morrissey's modus operandi Mike Joyce would have been found dead in a ditch years ago.

Haha! Yes, indeed!

From NME, 2004: "And I think I've been accused of everything except murder (sighs) - which is bound to come at some stage, I don't doubt."

Thanks for posting that. I was thinking about that quote earlier and couldn't remember where I'd read it.

I agree with you. Why would he want David T beaten up? It makes no sense! As I said on another thread, if this was Morrissey's modus operandi Mike Joyce would have been found dead in a ditch years ago.

I don't know what happened here, but perhaps he wanted DavidT roughed up so he 'voluntarily' closes this site?

Regarding Joyce, after that acrimonious trial and Morrissey having to pay Joyce millions (and writing a song about his demise). If Joyce ended up in a ditch, don't you think Morrissey is smart enough to know he would be suspect #1?

Last edited:
Last edited:

"Shrug it off" is what it sounds like you're saying.

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying it seems like if this is all true, and I'm guessing some of it is, then I don't think Morrissey would risk life in prison because he hired a concert security guard--someone he claims to not know (his words) nor trust--to murder the owner of a website that's never turned anything close to a profit since 1997.

There was most likely a threat of bodily harm--just enough to keep DavidT from ever associating himself with Morrissey ever again--including attending concerts and continuing this website.

No one was ever going to get killed, but if I were DavidT, I'd be a little rattled, too. He was closer than he ever thought he'd be to getting this shit kicked out of him by a large South African.

Last edited:

Let's call those mistakes, even if for the record I believe I have valid reasons those items were posted. Am I allowed a number of mistakes? Do you live a perfect life yourself?

No it isn't, but at the same time you don't just post those by mistake. Your hand doesn't accidentally type up a post and slip and press the submit button. They were decisions you made to post them. I'm not saying that what you've done deserves you to be beaten or killed, absolutely not. But we also don't even know for sure of that was the case. Either way, you have to take some responsibility and accept Morrissey does have good reason to hate you and you aren't innocent in it all. There is a big difference between allowing freedom of speech for people to voice their opinions on his music, they bought the albums so if they don't like it they should be able to say so. But the crap about him having AIDS, or being an alcoholic or having cancer, and the Kristeen Young stuff that is just allowed to fester and go on and on...one could be forgiven for thinking you enjoy the extra publicity all that controversy attracts. For those reasons I don't think you made "mistakes". But that's just me voicing my opinion, of course you'll say otherwise.

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying it seems like if this is all true, and I'm guessing some of it is, then I don't think Morrissey would risk life in prison because he hired a concert security guard--someone he claims to not know (his words) nor trust--to murder the owner of a website that's never turned anything close to a profit since 1997.

There was most likely a threat of bodily harm--just enough to keep DavidT from ever associating himself with Morrissey ever again--including attending concerts and continuing this website.

No one was ever going to get killed, but if I were DavidT, I'd be a little rattled, too. He was closer than he ever thought he'd be to getting this shit kicked out of him by a large South African.

So basing this on Uncle Doofus' logic what evidence do you have to suppose any of this is true? Jesus this is appalling, just appalling.

So basing this on Uncle Doofus' logic what evidence do you have to suppose any of this is true? Jesus this is appalling, just appalling.

I'm not sure who Uncle Doofus is. Sorry.

But the only evidence is the evidence we've all been presented. Pay attention, this has been going on well over 24 hours.

I don't know what happened here, but perhaps he wanted DavidT roughed up so he 'voluntarily' closes this site?

Regarding Joyce, after that acrimonious trial and Morrissey having to pay Joyce millions (and writing a song about his demise). If Joyce ended up in a ditch, don't you think Morrissey is smart enough to know he would be suspect #1?

But not David T? That makes no sense...

Sounds like eugenis was in on it.
Call LAPD

I'm not sure who Uncle Doofus is. Sorry.

But the only evidence is the evidence we've all been presented. Pay attention, this has been going on well over 24 hours.

So far all we have is hearsay not 'evidence.' The security dude claims one thing and now Morrissey claims another. At this point I haven't seen anything resembling evidence presented by either side. However as the security guy is the one suing then the burden of proof is on him. Selling his story to TMZ aint gonna cut it in court. Pay attention.

Of the thousands of articles posted on the site, you chose two articles (one posted over 10 years ago), are there any other examples to make your case a bit stronger?

This is a typical response from you David - Why don't you actually answer the question you were asked rather than duck it?

"Hello Marred, how are you? I notice you're standing in line for the Morrissey show--nice to finally meet you. Oh, by the way, I just wanted to let you know, my boss asked me to kick your teeth in. It'll happen in about 10 minutes per Morrissey's orders--fair warning, old chap."

If Moz's security do have a list of obnoxious fans who deserve a severe beating, then Marred should be the first name on the list.
Make the dream real. Make it real.

So far all we have is hearsay not 'evidence.' The security dude claims one thing and now Morrissey claims another. At this point I haven't seen anything resembling evidence presented by either side. However as the security guy is the one suing then the burden of proof is on him. Selling his story to TMZ aint gonna cut it in court. Pay attention.

Since we're playing the "How do you know" game, how do you know the security guard paid him for a story? There were no quotes in the TMZ report other than the verbiage taken from the filed court documents which are available to the public.

And this security guard didn't make this incident up: DavidT actually did get asked to leave the venue and his photo was circulated to the staff per Morrissey's orders. The fact is, DavidT is/was in Morrissey's cross hairs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom