Article: "Morrissey Fansite Founder Responds to Alleged Threats" - Yahoo Music; Statement and TMZ Li

Re: DavidT speaks about threat

the funny thing is that the Chinese, at least the ones here on the mainland, took no perceptible notice that Moz said anything at all about them :cool:
I've talked to a number of them about it, mainly people that, for here, could be considered "worldy" or "Anglophiles" or "intellectuals" or "Chinese Britpoppers" or "simply know a lot of Westerners"
yet not one of them even heard about him saying the whole subspecies thing, not because it was hushed up, but because the Chinese simply don't care
they don't even listen to their own vocal groups about "animal cruelty" and I was far more likely to hear someone rattle off government propaganda labeling Chinese based groups advocating some kind "vegan diet" as being highly subversive as I was people that would be for them
however, property owners rights are becoming ever more important here so
559474-china-dog-meat-animal-rights.jpg

for the first time in history, the Yulin city officials did not formally endorse the city's annul dog meat eating festival :eek:
this after activists groups staged protests and got the word out that:
the event is a public health risk because the dogs undergo no quarantine to ensure they are free of disease
that they are mainly strays grabbed off streets around the country*, but many are stolen from China's growing population of pet(dog owners)
& that the dogs are often poisoned with toxic chemicals that could be harmful to humans

-Its the pet owners that have the real sway, they already got the Zhejiang provinces ancient festival of a similar nature cancelled for good 3 years ago and I expect they will do the same with this one in the next few years. This is what will slowly bring change to the treatment of animals in this country, not the cultural imperialistic rants of some Western singer :rolleyes:

*=meat vendors frequently lie and say the dogs come from "dog farms" many searches for such farms and exposes and how the dogs are really round up have appeared in countless "news" shows or articles

There are animal rights activists in China trying to stop the eating of dogs, etc.. Also, in the U.S. we torture cows, pigs and other animals the same way. All of these animals feel pain. Our culture is no better. The comments against China end up being racism. If people try to distinguish between the pain of torturing a dog and another animal, they are confusing the whole issue of animal rights and whether we have a right to exploit and hurt any animals at all. They're not helping the animals.

If anyone is interested in animal rights, I recommend checking out Gary Francione. He puts this matter in coherent and consistent terms.

And if you care about the dogs that the Chinese are eating, please have a vegan lunch today instead of a dead animal sandwich.

Re: Article: "Morrissey Fansite Founder Responds to Alleged Threats" - Yahoo Music; Statement and TM

well to be fair he does make lots of negative statements about those who eat meat in america so making a specific claim about the chinese when he also makes specific claims about americans and many others doesnt seem to equate racism.

Re: DavidT speaks about threat

Yeah, I know. But the other side of the coin is no one should read into the date someone 'joined' the site.

Regarding sharing who I am: I have never been a 'prominent member' so I don't think there's a lot of point. I've always faded in and out. There are a number of people I have known in 'real life' through this community, but I don't know whether many of them post anymore. I know one high profile member has been banned but that's all I am aware of..

Understood and fair enough.

Re: Article: "Morrissey Fansite Founder Responds to Alleged Threats" - Yahoo Music; Statement and TM

Jesus! I don't want to believe this entirely, but surely hope I will never piss Mozzer off!
Krays would be proud though...

I can totally understand why morrissey doesn't like davidT, the tone of DavidT,s response is as if he believes the story is true, he's just stirring the shit as usual, as far as I'm concerned he's no real morrissey fan

He never has been.
Seems to lapping up the attention.
Judging by the way he has run this site over the years it wouldn't be to much a stretch to believe he started the whole laughable story himself.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom