Article: Morrissey cancels Cascais Music Festival (Portugal, July 24, 2012) because of injury to Sol

UPDATE 2:15PM PT:

Link posted by MORRIZSEY:

Press release from Susan Blond regarding Cascais date - true-to-you.net
24 July 2012

Press release from Susan Blond:

We are very sorry to inform that due to an unforeseen injury to Solomon Walker's back, Morrissey will not be able to perform at Cascais Music Festival tonight. Solomon Walker is the bass player and a central part of the band and it's impossible to do the concert without him.

We would like to apologise to all our fans who had bought tickets to see us but we promise we'll be back soon. Ticket refunds are available from the ticket vendor.

It looks as though the Portugal gig is cancelled. :(

Morrissey cancela concerto em Cascais - DN.pt

Thanks to Kevlarsoul at AYNIM for alerting us (original post).

Google Translate version of above article:

Due to a muscle injury bassist, Morrissey's concert tonight has been cancelled. "We regret that due to a muscle injury in the back of Soloman Walker, Morrissey concert in Cascais Music Festival was canceled. Soloman Walker Morrissey's bassist and a core part of the band, so it is impossible to hold the concert without him", said the statement released today by promoter Everything is New.

The former Smiths frontman was playing tonight at the Hippodrome Manuel Possolo in Cascais, and this concert would mark his return to Portugal six years after having spent the Paredes de Coura Festival.

The British musician apologizes to all fans who bought tickets and promises to return to Portugal soon. Those fans who bought ticket should go to the respective place of purchase to receive the refund within 30 days, starting with the date of the event.​

Paulo also writes:

Morrissey Cascais was canceled
back injury of Solomon Walker
Morrissey promises to come back a.s.a.p. to Portugal

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Cascais Music Festival (Portugal, July 24, 2012) becau

Hola, yo llege a las puertas del parque del hipodromo a las 5 de la mañana y abrieron el parque a las 8:30 h.

A las 9:45 h llego Morrissey y el equipo, estuvieron media hora y se marcharon.

A las 14:30 h de la tarde solo habiamos 4 personas.....y a esa hora aproximada, nos dieron la noticia de cancelacion.

Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Cascais Music Festival (Portugal, July 24, 2012) becau

Sadly, you are correct. I can't believe he did this; his lack of concern for his fans is very disheartening--especially when he comes across with the "woe is me" and "for the people" artist.

Its not his lack of concern for his fans, it is concern for a member of his band. Your lack of concern for an injured person is what is disheartening.

I got my ticket for manchester last Saturday and all they had left were upper tier and right at the back so I guess most of the tickets have been sold as they said they had a few left. I really hope the gig goes ahead I've been wanting to see moz since the smiths days and have always been unable to afford to go til now. And even then this is in place of my summer vacation

I got my ticket for manchester last Saturday and all they had left were upper tier and right at the back so I guess most of the tickets have been sold as they said they had a few left. I really hope the gig goes ahead I've been wanting to see moz since the smiths days and have always been unable to afford to go til now. And even then this is in place of my summer vacation

You should have waited a couple of days. Top seated tickets on the lower tier, just left of the stage came on sale on Tuesday.

Hola, yo llege a las puertas del parque del hipodromo a las 5 de la mañana y abrieron el parque a las 8:30 h.

A las 9:45 h llego Morrissey y el equipo, estuvieron media hora y se marcharon.

A las 14:30 h de la tarde solo habiamos 4 personas.....y a esa hora aproximada, nos dieron la noticia de cancelacion.

google translate:

"Hello, I arrives at the gates of the hippodrome park at 5 am and opened the park at 8:30 pm.

At 9:45 pm Morrissey and the team arrived, they were half an hour and left.

At 14:30 h in the afternoon we had only 4 people ..... and about that time, we got the news of cancellation."

Shame on You!! MORRISSEY and EVERYTHING IS NEW org. had no Respect for the people, it was the second one you (Morrissey) made to the portuguese fans. I´m done!!

xxxxx

Last edited:

google translate:

"hello, i arrives at the gates of the hippodrome park at 5 am and opened the park at 8:30 pm.

At 9:45 pm morrissey and the team arrived, they were half an hour and left.

At 14:30 h in the afternoon we had only 4 people ..... And about that time, we got the news of cancellation."

not true

anybody knows if the morrissey concert in Manchester will be stream live ? I wish Solomon the best and a speedy recovery!

He didn't come because it didn't sold-out. There were still 1200 out of 2500, he always likes a full house. I guess he was put out by that, but you know people in portugal don't really have an interest in music.

Oh, Barbara, don't say that... there's a lot of Morrissey fans here in Portugal. I'm surprised with the low ticket sales... And since he'll be on the road until December, I can't stop thinking about him to return :(

Hola a todos:

Mi mujer y yo dejamos a nuestro bebe de 5 meses por primera vez y nos hicimos 600 km. para llegar al hotel 2 antes del concierto, entrar en esta web y caersenos el alma a los pies al enterarnos de la cancelación. Una pena. Un putadón.

Saludos a los de Villagarcía y Pontevedra que nos encontramos en la puerta del hipódromo.

Perfect opportunity for Moz to recruit a new group of musicians who can bring some special and exciting to the table. And as much as I like Boz, he has been dialing it in for years.

O que é preciso é xupar !

Oh, Barbara, don't say that... there's a lot of Morrissey fans here in Portugal. I'm surprised with the low ticket sales... And since he'll be on the road until December, I can't stop thinking about him to return :(

BARBARA carrera, in Portugal everyone loves music! ok? You don´t know portugal to say such stupid and ignorant thing like you did...

we were there yesterday, strange, lot of people from france, spain.. tonight we went to antony and the j., we asked the hotdog sellers in the same venue if they ever where told about not to open, they didn`t knew, very strange, they said morrissey did not not set up the stage and did not want to play at all, they heard it already in the morning, they are there always, and didn`t know off anything vegetarian, they have a contract for the whole period inside the venue.. we asked two different sellers, willy and top dog, they knew it in the morning allready, this looks like they already knew it for days if not weeks that they were not going to play..we talked with a lot of people and it seems not to be a fair cancelling........? happy i saw him in firenze altough that was also a strange if not dissapointing gig... i hope everybody is fine, thank you.

Last edited:

You should never go to him, let him come to you... just like I do...

Pretty sure Manchester will go ahead.

What a disappointment!!! I took holidays off, travelled almost 800 kms, book an hotel and the concert was cancelled in the same day!? I heard the bad news when I was already at the hotel in Lisbon getting ready to go to the gig! :( just couldn't believe!!! ... And hope the reason was really Soloman Walker's injury... otherwise it'd be a great disrespect for those like me who travelled so far and spent lots of money to see the gig.
13 years waiting to see him again and this? Really sad! The promoter said will shedule soon another date ... I doubt it but hope this is really true and could happen very soon! ... it is the least to forget my disappointment!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom