Article: "Morrissey 25: Live" (DVD and Blu-ray - Oct. 21, 2013) release details, preorder at Records

Both DVD and Blu-ray - Recordstore.co.uk

Blu-ray details:

MORRISSEY 25 LIVE is a legacy concert film marking 25 years of the solo career of one of the world’s most iconic and enigmatic performers. Shot during Morrissey’s most intimate gig in decades at the Hollywood High School in Los Angeles on 2 March 2013, the film opens with fans talking about their unwavering devotion to the singer and the unique appeal of this unusual venue – a striking contrast to the sold out arena concert at the Staples Centre on the previous night. Tickets to the concert in the 1,800-seater school auditorium had sold out in 12 seconds and this now legendary concert became Morrissey’s penultimate performance on the US Tour before he was forced to cancel the remaining dates due to ill-health. The first authorised Morrissey film for nine years and featuring many classic tracks from the artist’s prolific repertoire, Morrissey 25: LIVE is an unmissable Blu-ray release for fans worldwide.

Bonus Features

Studio In Session: (1) The Kid’s A Looker (2) Scandinavia (3) Action Is My Middle Name (4) People Are The Same Everywhere / Behind The Scenes At Hollywood High / Grissle Bandage Present Lord Mudslide

Tracklisting

1) Alma Matters
2) Ouija Board, Ouija Board
3) Irish Blood, English Heart
4) You Have Killed Me
5) November Spawned A Monster
6) Maladjusted
7) Still Ill
8) People Are The Same Everywhere
9) Speedway
10) That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore
11) To Give (The Reason I Live)
12) Meat Is Murder
13) Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
14) Action Is My Middle Name
15) Everyday Is Like Sunday
16) I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
17) Let Me Kiss You
18) The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

Screen Format: 16:9
Sound Formats: DTS-HD Master Audio, LPCM Stereo
Running Time: 116 mins approx.
Certificate: E
Region: Region Free
Subtitles: (Bonus Only) English, French, Spanish, German

morrissey-25-live.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey -- 25:Live (Blu-ray and DVD)

A new Blu-ray and DVD from Morrissey. http://www.evo88.com/en/music?page=s...word=Morrissey

MORRISSEY 25 LIVE is a legacy concert film marking 25 years of the solo career of one of the world’s most iconic and enigmatic performers. Shot during Morrissey’s most intimate gig in decades at the Hollywood High School in Los Angeles on 2 March 2013, the film opens with fans talking about their unwavering devotion to the singer and the unique appeal of this unusual venue – a striking contrast to the sold out arena concert at the Staples Center on the previous night. Tickets to the concert in the 1,800-seater school auditorium had sold out in 12 seconds and this now legendary concert became Morrissey’s penultimate performance on the US Tour. The first authorised Morrissey film for nine years and featuring many classic tracks from the artist’s prolific repertoire, Morrissey 25: LIVE is an unmissable Blu-ray release for fans worldwide.

TRACKLISTING
1) Alma Matters
2) Ouija Board, Ouija Board
3) Irish Blood, English Heart
4) You Have Killed Me
5) November Spawned A Monster
6) Maladjusted
7) You’re The One For Me Fatty
8) Still Ill
9) People Are The Same Everywhere
10) Speedway
11) That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore
12) To Give (The Reason I Live)
13) Meat Is Murder
14) Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
15) Action Is My Middle Name
16) Everyday Is Like Sunday
17) I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
18) Let Me Kiss You
19) The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

Bonus Features
Studio In Session: (1) The Kid’s A Looker (2) Scandinavia (3) Action Is My Middle Name (4) People Are The Same Everywhere / Behind The Scenes At Hollywood High / Grissle Bandage Present Lord Mudslide

Last edited:
Dear Morrissey,

if you are reading this - and we all know you do - would you be so kind as to fire your band? ALL of them please, including "musical director" Boz. This band of Bleeding Ulcers is destroying what little is left of your career. They can't hold a tune if their life depended on it. Every song sounds exactly the same: one big clunky mess.

For the record: I will not be going to see your movie and I will not buy this release. The last time I saw you and your marching band perform in Eindhoven has opened my eyes and I will never buy a ticket again. Why release a movie of this horrible tour with this horrible band? Let's be honoust, this has nothing to do with "marking 25 years of the solo career of one of the world’s most iconic and enigmatic performers." It is all about filling your retirement fund. In a very uninspired and lackluster way.

Please Morrissey, get your shit together. This will not do.

Kind Regards,

longtime fan Eric Hartman

Re: Article: "Morrissey 25: Live" (DVD and Blu-ray - Oct. 21, 2013) release details, preorder at Rec

CAPTION COMPETITION TIME FOLKS !!!

In the picture for 25 live what is Morrissey saying ? (keep it clean please)

morrissey-25-live.jpg

Go grease lightning, you're burning up the quarter mile
(Grease lightning, go grease lightning)
Go grease lightning, you're coasting through the heat lap trial
(Grease lightning, go grease lightning)
You are supreme, the chicks'll cream for grease lightning
(Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go)

Re: Article: "Morrissey 25: Live" (DVD and Blu-ray - Oct. 21, 2013) release details, preorder at Rec

Dear Morrissey,

if you are reading this - and we all know you do - would you be so kind as to fire your band? ALL of them please, including "musical director" Boz. This band of Bleeding Ulcers is destroying what little is left of your career. They can't hold a tune if their life depended on it. Every song sounds exactly the same: one big clunky mess.

For the record: I will not be going to see your movie and I will not buy this release. The last time I saw you and your marching band perform in Eindhoven has opened my eyes and I will never buy a ticket again. Why release a movie of this horrible tour with this horrible band? Let's be honoust, this has nothing to do with "marking 25 years of the solo career of one of the world’s most iconic and enigmatic performers." It is all about filling your retirement fund. In a very uninspired and lackluster way.

Kind Regards,

Comforting to know morrissey has quality people to rely on such as his band mates, bitterness is the poison meant for others but is inflicted on oneself, if you care about morrissey, ignore everything else but your admiration for him.

Comforting to know morrissey has quality people to rely on such as his band mates, bitterness is the poison meant for others but is inflicted on oneself, if you care about morrissey, ignore everything else but your admiration for him.

Wp3R3q2.jpg

New Age hippie crap.

morrissey-25-live.jpg

"OK, so my name and the title of the DVD can go just here."

Dear Morrissey,

Kind Regards,

Are you sure you're not Eric cartman

I really just wish that if Morrissey was going to do something to celebrate 25 years of his solo career, he'd release something that actually celebrates the richness, diversity and longevity of those years and not just you know release a concert he was already going to release anyways. Don't get me wrong, from what I hear the Hollywood High School gig was quite good and I am looking forward to seeing it released.

I'd just like to see something like maybe a box set with various concerts from throughout his career. Maybe include Wolverhampton, something from the Kill Uncle Tour (I know the obvious choice is the Live in Texas show that was a VHS, but I always thought his voice sounded a little weak on that one and the Hammersmith Odeon show was much stronger), something from the Boxers/Southpaw (I believe there was a VHS from this area already), and something from the post Quarry years (DARE I SAY THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL SHOW), and then maybe the BBC sessions of his new material. Hell, given that each of these shows are probably like an hour each it wouldn't even have to be a box set, but a single DVD.

He's just had such a diverse career and it's a lot of fun watching old concerts on youtube and seeing how different he was both in terms of his material and general appearance at different points.

morrissey-25-live.jpg

"Oi, get off my lawn you pesky kids...and stop leaving beer bottles in my yard"

m3dbrCZ.gif

I made this as a service to the site. Feel free to copy and use where suitable!

P.

ETZNBK2.jpg

P.

morrissey-25-live.jpg

"Look over there ! 'I've got a glory hole in my pocket its so nice to comfort myself' what's that ?"

Tags
morissey 25 morrissey -solo the smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom