Article: Manager of the Viña del Mar Festival: "Morrissey is the hardest artist to work with, he's m

Re: Manager of the Viña del Mar Festival: "Morrissey is the hardest artist to work with, he's my trauma" (in spanish)

I'm chilean, so i know a little about the conflict between moz and Cristian Sanchez. Cristian has told his side of the story before. He said that he was at the front row on the day morrissey played and that morrissey made him leave, because according to him, he was making weird faces at moz and it made him uncomfortable (in fact, Sanchez was making faces at the camera) So our moz was acting like a diva. what a surprise!!

The Translation by google is accurate for the most part :thumb:

Wait, Ketamine, so, your default is, in the absence of video evidence, Morrissey, good old "devious, truculent and unreliable" Morrissey, that guy, good old "Chinese are a subspecies" Morrissey (I know, I know! He only meant the Chinese who eat dogs! The rest of them, I am totally sure he loves, as much as he does all immigrants from the Bengal.), good old "The gates of England are flooded. The country's been thrown away," Morrissey, the Morrissey who, when, yet another, accusation surfaces alleging cultural insensitivity, your default, work with me, Ketamine, I'm trying to understand you: your reason-based position is to allow "Leave Me Alone I was Only Singing!" Morrissey off the hook, to let Captain Courageous -- because, imagine the courage it must have taken to leave a dismissal notice on a former bandmate's windshield (somebody might have seen him lurking through the parking lot!) reading "Andy, you have left the Smiths...,"-- to let that Morrissey, that guy, the last of the famous International Playboys to think fat-shaming has a place in modern society (about former Canadian Member of Parliament Gail Shea: "given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off"), your default position is, unless you've got a video, Morrissey gets the full "The first rule of Morrissey Club is it's called 'Morrissey is Always Right' Club!" treatment?

Morrissey is so "dialed in" to Chile he seems not even to know that Chile took the U.K.'s side during the Falklands/Malvinas, and was preparing for a military invasion of its southern territories by Argentine forces, then controlled by a dictator, and that the love lost between the two trans-Andean nations is, approximately, zero. What did he think the world's response to unliteral and unprovoked aggression by a mass murderer ought to have been? If the cause was so worthy, where was he then?

Seriously, like, I have this recurring dream where Morrissey has gone to uni, and studied, like, cultural studies with the late Stuart Hall. I mean, true: it's too late to salvage his creative writing career. But surely, a basic course of cultural studies and political economy might, at least, give him the self-awareness to consider apologizing to his fans (and, yes, every fandom includes former fans, heretics and apostates: at least read some basic fandom theory, Henry Jenkins at a minimum, before going on about how "if you don't like him, just leave!" That's not how it works.) as well as to his former self for totally sabotaging all of the good work done with the Smiths and early solo years.

You want to know the most telling thing about Morrissey's decline? Ketamine Sun and Marred, the only two left, fighting his corner. Do you two imagine yourself the symbol of a legacy yet to unfurl in its fullest ascendancy? Do you two honestly believe that unthinking fanaticism is the true role of a fan? It isn't. On the contrary, every one whoever once loved The Smiths and Morrissey is, or should be, denouncing what he has become as loudly, as publicly and as often as possible...out of love for the person he once was.

I'm from South America, thus I know that Festival. I like music, but I usually don't like the music played on that festival. It seems once it was the best, decades ago, now it's in decadence. Chilean music scene is much better than that.

Morrissey was a jewel in the festival, his show was wonderful, but the organization was lame. Did you see the faces in the first rows? Those weren't Morrissey's fans, they were well dressed actors who didn't know Morrissey. They hadn't a clue about the lyrics, they were posing to the cameras all the time, smiling and winking. That wasn't a real crowd, that was a set up for the TV, to show a fake image of the country and the festival. Everything in that festival was fake. The true fans were very upset because they didn't allow them to come closer to their idol.

Morrissey always bans meat food during his performances, a well informed organization should know that, surely that was a previous condition to play there. His fans know that, the world knows that, but the executive producer of the festival (a pro) didn't know that. That's strange.

Now, nearly 4 years later, the executive producer denounces she was kidnapped by Morrissey's bodyguards. It seems the people who gig around the world with Morrissey and never had that kind of problem decided to make a visit to Chile to lock this woman and her (former) team in a dressing room. Please...

The thing is the current 2016 edition of the festival is a failure, like this http://larepublica.pe/espectaculos/...zo-el-ridiculo-en-concierto-de-alejandro-sanz

They need publicity because nobody outside Chile talks about the festival. Known artists don't want to come back there. In that context, the words of the executive producer seem fake and inappropiate. This doesn't mean to attack Chile or "Latin American" culture. Morrissey came back to Chile during 2015 and he had a huge success. Maybe the producer is upset because he attended another festival. Who knows? The world is full of crashing bores

the first part of your comment is true. Festival de Viña hasn't been relevant since the late 90's.

According to most critics here in Chile the best and greatest shows on the festival were Tom Jones and Elton John

I's not true that the artist don't want to go there tho and also if they want to look for publicity they would go with someone who is more known and famous like sting or elton john (i'm not saying that they are better, but they are more famous)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there in the high stalls, people who were half a meter Moz, Chilean actors and personalities, troop of idiots.

It was an incredible show Moz singing to an advancement of World peace is none of your business Scandinavia.

tumblr_nt7di7pcSL1rwx7r1o10_400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And this will surely bring back the idea of the person (he was to you) from the grave of your psyche :lbf: utter nonsense,like the rest of your post.

Not sure what this means. The most important thing is, you got to see yourself comment. Utterly strange and wrong.

the first part of your comment is true. Festival de Viña hasn't been relevant since the late 90's.

According to most critics here in Chile the best and greatest shows on the festival were Tom Jones and Elton John

I's not true that the artist don't want to go there tho and also if they want to look for publicity they would go with someone who is more known and famous like sting or elton john (i'm not saying that they are better, but they are more famous)

I'm not lying. Every part of my comment is true: some artists don't want to go, some don't want to return. Not everybody wants to participate by the same reasons. Some artists don't need that publicity, some don't desire that kind of publicity for their careers. Some of them are afraid to damage their careers by going there. Not everything is about money or being seen with famous people. Sometimes it's about not wishing to participate in that experience or not wishing to repeat it for a variety of reasons.

After this incident, I imagine one of the reasons for not going could be the risk to be insulted by the executive producer.

Last edited:
'Not sure what this means.' Well,If you're not sure what my reply to another comment means, then how can you judge that my reply/comment is 'Utterly strange and wrong'?

:cool:

I want to understand your comment. Lord knows I've tried/ am trying. For some reason there's a disconnect between us. I guess some people like their ice cream in a cone and some like it in a cup.

So, 'Morrissey is difficult to work with' story #1,230 and Katamine Sun blindly defending and justifying everything her flawless idol says or does comment #953.
Why anyone would find either of these things even vaguely surprising is beyond me. We'll get another variation of the same shit next week, and the week after that, and the week after that...

I'm not lying. Every part of my comment is true: some artists don't want to go, some don't want to return. Not everybody wants to participate by the same reasons. Some artists don't need that publicity, some don't desire that kind of publicity for their careers. Some of them are afraid to damage their careers by going there. Not everything is about money or being seen with famous people. Sometimes it's about not wishing to participate in that experience or not wishing to repeat it for a variety of reasons.

After this incident, I imagine one of the reasons for not going could be the risk to be insulted by the executive producer.

lol i'm chilean, so i know about El festival more than you. are you argentinian? because i've some of the reports argentinian television have made about Viña del mar and they are so innacurate. The only singer who doesn't want to return is Xuxa and that's because of some dumb joke the audience made with one of her songs

its telling of moz downfall that he is reduced to playing vina del mar, no doubt the tackiest festival on earth along to irrelevant artists like elton john, sting and xuxa (lol).

its telling of moz downfall that he is reduced to playing vina del mar, no doubt the tackiest festival on earth along to irrelevant artists like elton john, sting and xuxa (lol).

This is supposed to be a fan site.

I sincerely believe that this festival was not at the height for Morrissey in recent years have brought artist very menial, nothing to compared with Moz, I believe that the organization never investigated what was the demands of Morrissey, do a little research before bringing.

The other thing that gave me a lot of embarrassment were the celebrities of the front of the show that made like singing every song and sang only something inconsistent and pathetic, they really only knew the song There is a Light That Never Goes Out, nothing more.

Last edited:
I sincerely believe that this festival was not at the height for Morrissey in recent years have brought artist very menial, nothing to compared with Moz, I believe that the organization never investigated what was the demands of Morrissey, do a little research before bringing.

The other thing that gave me a lot of embarrassment were the celebrities of the front of the show that made like singing every song and sang only something inconsistent and pathetic, they really only knew the song There is a Light That Never Goes Out, nothing more.

according to chilean critics and other people in chilean television, the most important artists in Viña have been Elton John and Tom Jones, so that's say a lot about how irrelevant Viña del mar has become

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom