Article: Manager of the Viña del Mar Festival: "Morrissey is the hardest artist to work with, he's m

Re: Manager of the Viña del Mar Festival: "Morrissey is the hardest artist to work with, he's my trauma" (in spanish)

I'm chilean, so i know a little about the conflict between moz and Cristian Sanchez. Cristian has told his side of the story before. He said that he was at the front row on the day morrissey played and that morrissey made him leave, because according to him, he was making weird faces at moz and it made him uncomfortable (in fact, Sanchez was making faces at the camera) So our moz was acting like a diva. what a surprise!!

The Translation by google is accurate for the most part :thumb:

Re: Manager of the Viña del Mar Festival: "Morrissey is the hardest artist to work with, he's my trauma" (in spanish)

Why was Sanchez making faces at the camera during his performance? And why wouldn't that bother someone who
not knowing who or what or why he was making faces while he was trying to focus on singing?

'Morrissey will always be my trauma' Guess Yudin couldn't handle the heat :lbf:

because during the fetival, chilevisión (the channel that broadcast Festival de Viña del Mar) show some of their hosts and stars of that tv channel, so they always have to smile and make faces for the cameras, just for fun (it's dumb tho). Besides, Yudin is talking about moz being a diva outside the stage

Some people don't understand the aim of their own jobs. Yudim seems to be one of them. That happens all the time in all human activities.

Maybe it's just irritating when someone fidgets in front of you when you try to sing. Remember this incident from a 2008 show in Edinburgh?

Morrissey had another moment of impatience during the "Auld Lang Syne" outro to "Life Is A Pigsty". As usual he was lying on the floor during that instrumental piece and a female fan started howling along with the tune. Suddenly Morrissey sat bolt upright in cobra pose, stood up and fulminated "It's horrible... you've ruined a perfectly nice song... shame on you... have to interrupt... take names and addresses, phone numbers, beat the*shit*out of everybody..."

Some people don't understand the aim of their own jobs. Yudim seems to be one of them. That happens all the time in all human activities.

giphy.gif

An anonymous person writes:

Productora ejecutiva del Festival destapa retos del certamen: "Morrissey siempre va a ser mi trauma" - Emol.com (Spanish)

Who can translate this? Google translator says:

"[...]
Executive Producer of the Festival uncovers challenges of the contest: "Morrissey will always be my trauma"

Yudin Catalina after the difficulties of organizing the event, such as coordinating the televised shows of Anglo artists, poor rooms in Vina del Mar and deal with complex characters like Morrissey.
[...]

The hardest

This year things have gone pretty quiet for Yudin and his team, but that's not always the case. The great example for it is the level of British singer Morrissey demands, who was part of the Festival in 2012.

"Morrissey will always be my trauma. I think after that were cured of fright. I never thought I could be so complicated people and in every way. He put problems for food, the smells, by the guards, all" , remember. "We were locked in the dressing room with Paul (Morales, former director of content) and Jaime (Aguirre, former executive director), we explained to the guards that we did the festival and told us we gave them the same." He was also the problem with Cristian Sánchez, who did leave his seat facing the stage. "According to them, tugging bad vibes".

[...]"

Related item: Morrissey - Festival de Viña del Mar 2012 HD - Show Completo

Last edited by a moderator:
Anglo artists?

Of course he is going to complain about the smells when people in the audience are cooking entire cows and eating bacon wrapped hot dogs. What you people in South America, Europe, England, and Kazikstain don't relazie is that he plays concerts in your country for MONEY, not because he likes you or likes being in your country. So far he won't tour Canada, England, and Mexico. Get it? He's an American Capitalist, he wants and needs more money to buy a bigger house in Malibu. Stop living vicariously through this board because he will never play another concert in your country and go back to playing kick the can in the street and spending your squid and sterling buying New York Yankee Baseball caps online.

Last edited:

What do you mean Mr. Anonymous Homophobic? I am a heterosexual woman. At the same time, I am a professional, like most of the members of this forum, I presume. So I know when people don't behave professionally and make excuses when they don't meet the objectives of their work. I'm a feminist, but women like Yudin don't help us to be respected either as women or as professionals. Trauma??? Go tho a psychologist, not to the press, and assume your own incompetence, please.

Entering into any activity, depends on each position. You're right, the aim was off and possibly sidestepped. I disagree this was a trauma.
It matters what you signed up for.

Some low hanging fruit for the ready to pounce Morrissey Advice Club.

What do you mean Mr. Anonymous Homophobic? I am a heterosexual woman. At the same time, I am a professional, like most of the members of this forum, I presume. So I know when people don't behave professionally and make excuses when they don't meet the objectives of their work. I'm a feminist, but women like Yudin don't help us to be respected either as women or as professionals. Trauma??? Go tho a psychologist, not to the press, and assume your own incompetence, please.

I'm sorry...were the people there to see Yudin? or Morrissey? Sounds like he hasn't gotten over the embarrassment when he tried to upstage the featured performer.
It's disrespectful to the performers if they keep cutting away to promoters just so they can make idiotic faces to the cameras. Gee...I am watching a Morrissey concert...what a great show....oh look...an audience shot...nice energy....oh a zoom in on some old guy who doesn't seem to care about the performance....ooh...he is making a silly face!!!...omg....who cares about Morrissey....lets keep focused on this guy making faces. Morrissey did the right thing.

I'm sorry...were the people there to see Yudin? or Morrissey? Sounds like he hasn't gotten over the embarrassment when he tried to upstage the featured performer.
It's disrespectful to the performers if they keep cutting away to promoters just so they can make idiotic faces to the cameras. Gee...I am watching a Morrissey concert...what a great show....oh look...an audience shot...nice energy....oh a zoom in on some old guy who doesn't seem to care about the performance....ooh...he is making a silly face!!!...omg....who cares about Morrissey....lets keep focused on this guy making faces. Morrissey did the right thing.

giphy.gif

It was a pretty awful show to watch apart from when the camera was on Morrissey. The stage was hideous and so was the crowd.

The Vina del Mar festival is one of Latin America's most prestigious and important events, annually televised throughout the Spanish-speaking world since its inception since 1960. In the article the organizer, who is regarded highly, says that Morrissey's security guards locked her and the two other principal organizers in a dressing room and refused to allow them to leave. When they said, "Hey, we're the organizers of the festivals!" they were told, in essence, "Morrissey doesn't give a flying f*** who you are."

Imagine a Chilean going to Glastonbury and doing the same. Imagine an Argentine going to the Superbowl and doing the same.

Morrissey is a little Englander, a cultural imperialist, and a xenophobe. The Spanish comments to the original article are written by humble, citizens of a relatively small country which is very proud of its ONE important festival, who all feel that Morrissey insulted not just the organizer, not just the event, and not just Chile, but all of Latin American culture. Morrissey maybe made some money on his tour, but (big surprise, I know!) he did incalculable damage to his legacy, whatever is left of it.

Nice for Marred to insult a entire country and culture just because her sacred Morrissey God is being critized for his massive cultural insensitivity. Once again, if young Morrissey could see what he became by 2014: a bloated, diva rock star bossing around the little people of non-English speaking countries (like, actually, physically bossing them around, through big, beefy bodyguards)... Morrissey has pretty much the BELLIGERENT GHOUL he once warned us about.

Maybe it's just irritating when someone fidgets in front of you when you try to sing. Remember this incident from a 2008 show in Edinburgh?

Morrissey had another moment of impatience during the "Auld Lang Syne" outro to "Life Is A Pigsty". As usual he was lying on the floor during that instrumental piece and a female fan started howling along with the tune. Suddenly Morrissey sat bolt upright in cobra pose, stood up and fulminated "It's horrible... you've ruined a perfectly nice song... shame on you... have to interrupt... take names and addresses, phone numbers, beat the*shit*out of everybody..."
Really??? Where was this? I might be that girl, haha. Not sure, since I always howl and I don;t speak English, so probably he said it to me and I did not get it!! Hahahaha.. When and where has this happened?
Thx!

The Vina del Mar festival is one of Latin America's most prestigious and important events, annually televised throughout the Spanish-speaking world since its inception since 1960. In the article the organizer, who is regarded highly, says that Morrissey's security guards locked her and the two other principal organizers in a dressing room and refused to allow them to leave. When they said, "Hey, we're the organizers of the festivals!" they were told, in essence, "Morrissey doesn't give a flying f*** who you are."

Imagine a Chilean going to Glastonbury and doing the same. Imagine an Argentine going to the Superbowl and doing the same.

Morrissey is a little Englander, a cultural imperialist, and a xenophobe. The Spanish comments to the original article are written by humble, citizens of a relatively small country which is very proud of its ONE important festival, who all feel that Morrissey insulted not just the organizer, not just the event, and not just Chile, but all of Latin American culture. Morrissey maybe made some money on his tour, but (big surprise, I know!) he did incalculable damage to his legacy, whatever is left of it.

Nice for Marred to insult a entire country and culture just because her sacred Morrissey God is being critized for his massive cultural insensitivity. Once again, if young Morrissey could see what he became by 2014: a bloated, diva rock star bossing around the little people of non-English speaking countries (like, actually, physically bossing them around, through big, beefy bodyguards)... Morrissey has pretty much the BELLIGERENT GHOUL he once warned us about.

this guy?!
d909e0d688e8ea2e79c3589b4cc537ac.jpg

I'm from South America, thus I know that Festival. I like music, but I usually don't like the music played on that festival. It seems once it was the best, decades ago, now it's in decadence. Chilean music scene is much better than that.

Morrissey was a jewel in the festival, his show was wonderful, but the organization was lame. Did you see the faces in the first rows? Those weren't Morrissey's fans, they were well dressed actors who didn't know Morrissey. They hadn't a clue about the lyrics, they were posing to the cameras all the time, smiling and winking. That wasn't a real crowd, that was a set up for the TV, to show a fake image of the country and the festival. Everything in that festival was fake. The true fans were very upset because they didn't allow them to come closer to their idol.

Morrissey always bans meat food during his performances, a well informed organization should know that, surely that was a previous condition to play there. His fans know that, the world knows that, but the executive producer of the festival (a pro) didn't know that. That's strange.

Now, nearly 4 years later, the executive producer denounces she was kidnapped by Morrissey's bodyguards. It seems the people who gig around the world with Morrissey and never had that kind of problem decided to make a visit to Chile to lock this woman and her (former) team in a dressing room. Please...

The thing is the current 2016 edition of the festival is a failure, like this http://larepublica.pe/espectaculos/...zo-el-ridiculo-en-concierto-de-alejandro-sanz

They need publicity because nobody outside Chile talks about the festival. Known artists don't want to come back there. In that context, the words of the executive producer seem fake and inappropiate. This doesn't mean to attack Chile or "Latin American" culture. Morrissey came back to Chile during 2015 and he had a huge success. Maybe the producer is upset because he attended another festival. Who knows? The world is full of crashing bores

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom