Article in The New European "Morrissey Is Dead" by Nicholas Barrett (more nuanced than the headline)

Morrissey Is Dead - The New European
By Nicholas Barrett

HE WAS THE HOPE OF THE SHY TEEN WHO LEFT THE PARTY EARLY, WENT HOME ALONE AND CRIED. BUT MORRISSEY’S RAPIER RHETORIC HAS TURNED DARK, SUPERFAN NICHOLAS BARRETT REPORTS

43322_morrissey_is_dead.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, Dingo, I'm still catching up on this story. I haven't seen anything that says they won't let the Red Cross in, but I'm not sure they would necessarily have a need or a right to be let in, if the US government is managing the provision of food and healthcare. I have seen a picture of detained girls. And while it's true that they all may have come across the border in different circumstances, by different means, they have all put their children in jeopardy one way or another.

From the pictures I have seen, the accommodation is really grim and to me that seems the most inexcusable thing. It's not the children's fault, and surely giving them a few home comforts would not compromise whatever legal consequences are meted out to parents.

But I agree that the root causes of the problem are a central factor, and this needs addressing comprehensively - not just by building a wall to keep the problem out. If Trump can fix a summit with the nutty fat boy in North Korea, I feel sure he could intervene bigly in South America, if he really wanted to.

There's abject human misery, there's no point in debating policy at this point. We must do something!

There's abject human misery, there's no point in debating policy at this point. We must do something!

Killing the kids is one solution I thought about.
The length they went to after Trump saved the world from North Korea to gain a Nobel peace prize.

Since I hate all kids regardless I am not feeling a thing but the noise is a bit like music to my ears. String quartet music to wind down after a stressy day.

LOL what happened with all the talk of the "RULE OF LAW" over in the Tommy Robinson case.doh:
Now the rule of law out the window LOL
Thats not a cage thats just a large area surrounded by a fence.doh:

LOL what happened with all the talk of the "RULE OF LAW" over in the Tommy Robinson case.doh:
Now the rule of law out the window LOL
Thats not a cage thats just a large area surrounded by a fence.doh:
We will call that home in a not too distant future. I find it to be a rather pretentious creation of glory holes with the glory gone missing.

No matter what parents are doing it's unacceptable to put children in cages for a few weeks or ever.

I couldn't give a f*** if your parent was Hitler himself, his crimes aren't yours.

OTOH, I believe Fred Trump has been accused of quite a few things which were never prosecuted at the time, so the punish-the-kids philosophy could have an upside.

No matter what parents are doing it's unacceptable to put children in cages for a few weeks or ever.

I couldn't give a f*** if your parent was Hitler himself, his crimes aren't yours.

You're missing the point. I'm not advocating cruelty to children, or mental torture, or anything. I'm saying they should be looked after, cared for, treated justly, etc if the government feels they need to intervene.

But WHEN the government needs to step in to the point they need to separate kids from their parents because the parents are so blatantly ignorant and/or disrespectful of the law that they'd involve their own children in unsafe, illegal border crossing, then it is no longer reasonable to assume those kids are being well cared for by their parents, or that the parents have their kids' best interests at heart.

Last edited:
You're missing the point. I'm not advocating cruelty to children, or mental torture, or anything. I'm saying they should be looked after, cared for, treated justly, etc if the government feels they need to intervene.

But WHEN the government needs to step in to the point they need to separate kids from their parents because the parents are so blatantly ignorant and/or disrespectful of the law that they'd involve their own children in unsafe, illegal border crossing, then it is no longer reasonable to assume those kids are being well cared for by their parents, or that the parents have their kids' best interests at heart.

You really need to check for an exhaust leak in your ice cream van. :paranoid: I think you're breathing fumes. :barf:
And no matter what you write you're never going to win Viva Hate's approval. He's just not into you in that way. sweetheart. :tears:

Now your post. "it's no longer reasonable to assume those kids are being well cared for" so let's put toddlers in cages with strangers?
And when you try to be Mr Rational with all of the crazy posts you've written on here, 99% of which you deleted, I have to wonder who you think you're fooling? Yourself? You have about as much credibility as "Oh My God, It's Robbie." :laughing:
Go make another compilation for us all to download. At least you serve a function that way. :clap:

You really need to check for an exhaust leak in your ice cream van. :paranoid: I think you're breathing fumes. :barf:
And no matter what you write you're never going to win Viva Hate's approval. He's just not into you in that way. sweetheart. :tears:

Now your post. "it's no longer reasonable to assume those kids are being well cared for" so let's put toddlers in cages with strangers?
And when you try to be Mr Rational with all of the crazy posts you've written on here, 99% of which you deleted, I have to wonder who you think you're fooling? Yourself? You have about as much credibility as "Oh My God, It's Robbie." :laughing:
Go make another compilation for us all to download. At least you serve a function that way. :clap:

You've got to be one of the creepiest motherf***ers ever to post here. Your level of obsession with me knows no boundaries.

You've got to be one of the creepiest motherf***ers ever to post here. Your level of obsession with me knows no boundaries.
I am so jealous and the highest kind of praise must be to have a personal stalker. Imagine that feeling and all that love.

It's all metaphorical, you know....it's not like they're really decesased, or unliving. It means that they're influence or relevance or importance has ceased to exist.
"as obvious as snow, as if we didn't know."

So "The Queen is Dead" was a pretty tasteless album title because the other Windsors were still alive? And what about the line "London is dead" in "Glamorous Glue"? An entire city with eight Million people dead! What was going on in Morrissey's ugly mind?
London is dead because it looks to Los Angeles for the language it uses, so I'm going to move to Los Angeles because London is dead...and I'm seeking a tax haven.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom