Article in The New European "Morrissey Is Dead" by Nicholas Barrett (more nuanced than the headline)

Morrissey Is Dead - The New European
By Nicholas Barrett

HE WAS THE HOPE OF THE SHY TEEN WHO LEFT THE PARTY EARLY, WENT HOME ALONE AND CRIED. BUT MORRISSEY’S RAPIER RHETORIC HAS TURNED DARK, SUPERFAN NICHOLAS BARRETT REPORTS

43322_morrissey_is_dead.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you foreigners stop posting pics of Steve from 1992, wake up. That could be a 1000 years ago, Steve is so far removed from that time, like you people should be too.

Regards,
FWD.

@ Nic Barrett Morrissey isn't dead! He just keeps getting better and better! So f*** off please!

I wasn't particularly shy, never left the party early, only went home alone if I wanted to, and certainly didn't do much crying.

Guess that makes me a bad teen/young adult Morrissey fan back in the heyday.

This article and all the articles people keep posting exactly like it...

Disgusting way to title an article, even if the writer expands on it in the article.

Morrissey is very much alive, more passionate, creative and expressive than ever.

all those haters and all those who ridicule him need to ask themselves this: if he's THAT bad, why not move on? Really. There's nicer ways to spend time rather than focusing on that which you hate.

Scared?

Critics have been saying he's been dead nearly since the Smiths died, much like they have been saying rock'n'roll is dead since (as researched by one author) 6 months BEFORE Elvis recorded .... and both Moz & Rock'n'roll have been declared dead annually. This is like a death in an old play that lasts they entire 3rd act where someone keeps getting up to have a final words, throw a tantrum and then die again (or like the death in Dead Pool 2). After awhile nobody is shocked or cares or is feeling the journalist (why is trying to be trendy by jumping on the sinking boat) is speaking for them. And, then THAT photo? Seriously? Decades old? Why not put a baby photo up?

As long as Morrissey speaks to someone, as long as he puts out music that still is loved by fans, as long as the Smiths continue to be icon ..... he's clearly not dead, no matter how often those on the sinking boat say the boat isn't sinking. No more dead than the Beatles or Grateful Dead or any other band beloved by fans. When he has really died and then is completely forgotten and not even the Smiths get a mention - one step below in the history books of the 13th Floor Elevators, Jon Mikl Thor, Camel and Ozric Tentacles - then we can say he's dead and throw lots of flowers and hearing aids on this tomb.

God, I'm so bored of these whingeing articles (and no, that's not a blanket defence of Morrissey either). Seriously, if the incoherent, vodka-fuelled ramblings of an ageing pop star are all you've got to be sad about, it suggests your life is probably okay. I also think the headline is pretty tasteless. He might be an utter knob, but he's still a living person with a family.

I also think the headline is pretty tasteless. He might be an utter knob, but he's still a living person with a family.
So "The Queen is Dead" was a pretty tasteless album title because the other Windsors were still alive? And what about the line "London is dead" in "Glamorous Glue"? An entire city with eight Million people dead! What was going on in Morrissey's ugly mind?

So "The Queen is Dead" was a pretty tasteless album title because the other Windsors were still alive? And what about the line "London is dead" in "Glamorous Glue"? An entire city with eight Million people dead! What was going on in Morrissey's ugly mind?
It is YOU that has the ugly mind if you think Morrissey meant that the population of London were dead.
Do read up dear boy.

God, I'm so bored of these whingeing articles (and no, that's not a blanket defence of Morrissey either). Seriously, if the incoherent, vodka-fuelled ramblings of an ageing pop star are all you've got to be sad about, it suggests your life is probably okay. I also think the headline is pretty tasteless. He might be an utter knob, but he's still a living person with a family.
'Other things to be sad about' I'm sure the journalist has an ailing aging mother, a kid with an intractable disease, and mortgage troubles, but this is their job. And a good one they've done too.

FAKE NEWS

'Other things to be sad about' I'm sure the journalist has an ailing aging mother, a kid with an intractable disease, and mortgage troubles, but this is their job. And a good one they've done too.
I see you haven’t developed sepsis and lost the use of your arms :) yet, anyone who feeds your abnormal hatred would be doing a good job LOOL

Yes, I agree TQID is what the headline was referencing, turnabout is fair play here.

At least they didn't use Big Mouth Strikes Again again.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom