Article in The New European "Morrissey Is Dead" by Nicholas Barrett (more nuanced than the headline)

Morrissey Is Dead - The New European
By Nicholas Barrett

HE WAS THE HOPE OF THE SHY TEEN WHO LEFT THE PARTY EARLY, WENT HOME ALONE AND CRIED. BUT MORRISSEY’S RAPIER RHETORIC HAS TURNED DARK, SUPERFAN NICHOLAS BARRETT REPORTS

43322_morrissey_is_dead.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Their circumstances are that they are babies, toddlers and children. They deserve compassion and to be reunited with their parents, no matter what the circumstances are.

Their own country surely doesnt give a F:rolleyes:
dont see why we should.

If you holler too loud at your kid, the Police will take them away from you.:rolleyes:
If you dont put the seat belt on them, they will call Child Services and take the kid away.

But if a non American takes his kid to illegally go into a foreign country they have to be
united LOL:crazy:

Their circumstances are that they are babies, toddlers and children. They deserve compassion and to be reunited with their parents, no matter what the circumstances are.

They should be reunited with the same parents who put them in harm's way to begin with by involving them in illegal boundary crossing?

They deserve nothing. They are in this situation because their parents knowingly broke the law. Criminal activity, in any country, is not and should not be tolerated because of “durr wot about teh chillens?!”

If I were to break into a closed store, use their products, take money from the donation jar and then go to sleep inside I would be arrested come the morning...and whether I had children or not and what would become of them would not and should not play a factor in my punishment.

They deserve nothing. They are in this situation because their parents knowingly broke the law. Criminal activity, in any country, is not and should not be tolerated because of “durr wot about teh chillens?!”

If I were to break into a closed store, use their products, take money from the donation jar and then go to sleep inside I would be arrested come the morning...and whether I had children or not and what would become of them would not and should not play a factor in my punishment.
it's not even about what they deserve. it's about not putting children in situations that create terror in them and are likely to instill lifelong trauma in them. I mean, politics aside, that's what it boils down to: adults creating terror and trauma in children. how is that ever okay?

it's not even about what they deserve. it's about not putting children in situations that create terror in them and are likely to instill lifelong trauma in them. I mean, politics aside, that's what it boils down to: adults creating terror and trauma in children. how is that ever okay?
When people you disagree with politically object to it. Your smug self-satisfaction is so delicious you can't taste anything else. It's like moral tabasco.

You traditionally get your news from Eurofile, champ? Nah, you get your news from sound bites and memes on the internet. Take a well made point for what it is. You don’t have to wobble and wank at every straight forward, factually verifiable point someone makes here. You follow, kiddo?
If this made any sense I'd dignify it with a reply.

Which is why we hope you never have any kids, but please have sex.

The difference is that children taken by the state if a parent who was a citizen committed a crime and was arrested would first be placed with family if possible (which can’t happen in this unique situation as the child’s existence here is considered a crime and a risk) and if no parent could be found would be placed into foster care and not placed in a concentration camp full of cages. There are other humane alternatives for children who are citizens. The only reason they were separated was to try and gain leverage in getting money approved for a boreder wall which is wrong. There’s no other practical reason for the separation as it costs more money to cage and take care of them separately and takes longer to reunite them when deported. They, the trump administration, intentionally caused children pain and trauma (and us citizens more money) to gain a political advantage and whether or not there parents should be held responsible for putting them in that situation it’s still immoral inhumane and wrong. It’s considered wrong by the majority of Americans who made that heard and created enough political pressure to end it which is for the good

No, it isn't ok. It gets even worse for them when they try to find a home, job, etc illegally. The USA is a really expensive place to live and there is very little welfare.

You know what dogging is, right? Not that it necessarily makes a difference.
Hey, what he does at a dimly lit rest stop in the middle of nowhere is none of my business. ;)
It can also mean putting down or talking shit on.

Blame their fugitive parents for putting them and the government in that situation.

No, it isn't ok. It gets even worse for them when they try to find a home, job, etc illegally. The USA is a really expensive place to live and there is very little welfare.

I'm going to pretend this is a sarcastic comment.

The difference is that children taken by the state if a parent who was a citizen committed a crime and was arrested would first be placed with family if possible (which can’t happen in this unique situation as the child’s existence here is considered a crime and a risk) and if no parent could be found would be placed into foster care and not placed in a concentration camp full of cages. There are other humane alternatives for children who are citizens. The only reason they were separated was to try and gain leverage in getting money approved for a boreder wall which is wrong. There’s no other practical reason for the separation as it costs more money to cage and take care of them separately and takes longer to reunite them when deported. They, the trump administration, intentionally caused children pain and trauma (and us citizens more money) to gain a political advantage and whether or not there parents should be held responsible for putting them in that situation it’s still immoral inhumane and wrong. It’s considered wrong by the majority of Americans who made that heard and created enough political pressure to end it which is for the good

Right HUGE difference. LOL:laughing:

I thought 'separating' the families was the big concern. Nobody gives a F when American families are separated. In fact you can be separated for almost any reason. There are numerous horror stories about
the so called 'foster' families. You have to go through all kind of legal stuff to get back together, but its a foreign criminal family and self loathing left swoons all about. Get smart,
FFS dont be a stand in.:crazy:

Are they being cared for? Why won’t they let the Red Cross into the camps to check on the kids? Why are there no pictures of girls in the camps only boys? Also you can’t compare what some parents did with parents who came across the border with their kids, please don’t judge a group of people by the acts of the worst among them, all under the most desperate of circumstances.
To be honest, Dingo, I'm still catching up on this story. I haven't seen anything that says they won't let the Red Cross in, but I'm not sure they would necessarily have a need or a right to be let in, if the US government is managing the provision of food and healthcare. I have seen a picture of detained girls. And while it's true that they all may have come across the border in different circumstances, by different means, they have all put their children in jeopardy one way or another.

From the pictures I have seen, the accommodation is really grim and to me that seems the most inexcusable thing. It's not the children's fault, and surely giving them a few home comforts would not compromise whatever legal consequences are meted out to parents.

But I agree that the root causes of the problem are a central factor, and this needs addressing comprehensively - not just by building a wall to keep the problem out. If Trump can fix a summit with the nutty fat boy in North Korea, I feel sure he could intervene bigly in South America, if he really wanted to.

Last edited:
I posted Moz live at Finsbury Park cause it was in fact me who filmed the gig all those years ago in 1992. Madness fans kept asking me who Morrissey was and ending up being fans.
Skinheads are the nicest people I have ever met in my life.

How do you not see that the parents are the one creating that situation for their own kids?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom