Article: Frank Arkwright tweeted about delivering 7 remastered Smiths albums and 50 e

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2011 (read-only)' started by Mr Reynolds, May 21, 2011.

By Mr Reynolds on May 21, 2011 at 12:20 AM
  1. Mr Reynolds

Mr Reynolds Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Christ. Not more reissues....!
    2. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      A lovely big Smiths boxset on the way perhaps? Please God it's true.
    3. dallow_bg
      dallow_bg
      That was a more than a year ago.
      Where is the product?
    4. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      Been waiting twenty-nine years and 2012 is the 30th anniversary of the split. Hope over expectation.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      OK....50 extra tracks? For real? THAT would be the greatest gift to humanity...well except maybe for a cure for AIDS, cancer, and hair loss
    6. Have-A-Go Merchant
      Have-A-Go Merchant
      Could the 50 extra tracks he mentions just be single b-sides? I hope I'm wrong and they are rare tracks, demos, etc. but I expect they won't be. Here's hoping and hoping........
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: Frank Arkwright tweeted about delivering 7 remastered Smiths albums and

I agree, chances are it will just be b-sides as it's only roughly 7 per disc. Maybe only one or two of the outtakes that have already leaked in a "beat the bootlegger" fashion as happened with Lifeguard On Duty and the Bona Drag extras. But I think it would be wrong to get over-excited at this stage. If the forum posts are true and Morrissey has vetoed Viva Hate reissue and Wolverhampton gig along with other projects then the odds are that if there are extras they won't be that sensational and more to the point these reissues could still be shelved. But I agree that the 2012 anniversary of split sounds a likely marketing cash-in.
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: Article: Frank Arkwright tweeted about delivering 7 remastered Smiths albums and

Formation. 30th anniversary of their formation.
    9. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny