Article: "England's Leighton Baines star-struck as he meets pop idol Morrissey on World Cup trip" -

England's Leighton Baines star-struck as he meets pop idol Morrissey on World Cup trip - DailyMirror

Excerpt:

The Everton left-back said: “I had a chat with him. I was a bit nervous about going to speak to him to be honest. I wasn’t sure how it would be received.

“I don’t know (if he knew me) and, to be honest, I didn’t really ask. I was one of the few in the squad who actually knew who he was, which was disappointing enough. I was the only who went over.

“We kept it really brief. I had to get really geed up just to go over and say hello to him. I don’t think anyone else in the squad even recognised him.

“Oh, Gaz Nev (Roy Hodgson's assistant Gary Neville) did, but that was it. I knew he’d played the night before and that he had a couple of gigs coming up, so I mentioned those and he wished us good luck.”

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "England's Leighton Baines star-struck as he meets pop idol Morrissey on World Cup trip

If Morrissey's middle name really is 'Action', and presumably he hasn't dispensed with the old one, somebody must be walking around with SPAM inscribed into their neck in teeth marks.

Re: Article: "England's Leighton Baines star-struck as he meets pop idol Morrissey on World Cup trip

Leighton Baines seems like a sweet person and all, but why does he keep saying "to be honest"? Is he generally dishonest?

GoneForeverNotQuite

p.s. I have a relative with two middle names: Woodryn Fae. Yes, those are her two middle names! So, maybe Morrissey's middle names are Patrick Action.

If Morrissey's middle name really is 'Action', and presumably he hasn't dispensed with the old one, somebody must be walking around with SPAM inscribed into their neck in teeth marks.

Judging by musical taste/knowledge, England will go out in group stage.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom