Article: "Divided Britain: What Morrissey's stance on the Falklands tells us about national unity" b

Not really unexpected I guess, considering the usual bandwagon jumping by the tabloids in Britain, but this is in today's Mirror. :mad:

mirror.jpg

Link to online version posted by MORRIZSEY (original post):

Divided Britain: What Morrissey's stance on the Falklands tells us about national unity - by Tony Parsons, The Mirror

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the the drawing. I bet Morrissey wished he had that more hair!

I think the apply at the rear cartoon is homophobic... any one else?

So pop stars are not allowed an opinion eh Parsons.

What a stupid, poorly written article. Trying to link Morrissey's pronouncement on the Falklands and the Tsunami last year in Japan is just ridiculous.

Re: Article: "Divided Britain: What Morrissey's stance on the Falklands tells us abou

I think you're reading too much into it, it's just implying he's talking out of his arse.

P.

Re: Article: "Divided Britain: What Morrissey's stance on the Falklands tells us abou

What Tony Parsons thinks about Morrissey matters about as much as what Tears for Fears think about the situation in the Sudan.

Morrissey is entitled to his opinion isn't he? Isn't that what Great Britain is supposed to be all about?

So why don't the newspapers write about the real things that matter in the world, and leave us Morrissey fans to
leave us to Morrissey, and sod politics.

They may be implying Morrissey is gay, but the trouble is he has never owned up to his sexuality. Rather, he prefers to talk (and sing) in riddles about it. Why Morrissey refuses to give his sexuality is anybody's guess when has such controversial views on most other things in life. There's nothing mysterious about it: he's either heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, or asexual (if one believes in such a thing).

I agree with the comment about the band. They surely dont all hate William and Kate. They just do whatever he tells them to do including posing naked and waering ridiculous outfits on stage. Boz must wonder what the fck he is doing at times. amazing what money does to people

What a stupid, poorly written article. Trying to link Morrissey's pronouncement on the Falklands and the Tsunami last year in Japan is just ridiculous.

It seems Morrissey's latest act, trying to get media attention
in all sorta ways, on political issues

[Assad is shit, Falklands uproar , Argentina wants to claim it again, so that is this newsitem]

I wish Morrissey did as always take ' crashing bores' world, with humour
and clever, right-in tha-face short comments about issues, preferely in songs

I think his pen is not mightier than words, touring more than 1and half year
with months of taking rest, planning his ongoing tour with the same setlist.

I hope the 30th celebration of the Smiths will prove me wrong, and Morrissey
still can write touching lyrics with a sound that made Mmorrissey what he is a Legend.

[please leave politics and religion Steven dear, you should know by now, edit your bio,
so I have something to look out to read, some songs even just a new single on a new label
would give your carreer the right spirit and way to end in style]

Don't be daft.

Morrissey talks shit, his fans talk even more shit

Morrissey is entitled to his opinion isn't he? Isn't that what Great Britain is supposed to be all about?

So why don't the newspapers write about the real things that matter in the world, and leave us Morrissey fans to
leave us to Morrissey, and sod politics.

haha the irony of that last sentence.

Morrissey is all about politics, that why he did what he did.

How dare he claim to speak for the British people saying that we know the Falklands belong to Argentina....if that's not politics I don't know what is.

His music is dreary and shit too, and he can't sing to save his life.

He's sold the British people down the river, the same British people that put him where he is now, on the international stage.

Re: Morrissey talks shit, his fans talk even more shit

haha the irony of that last sentence.

Morrissey is all about politics, that why he did what he did.

How dare he claim to speak for the British people saying that we know the Falklands belong to Argentina....if that's not politics I don't know what is.

His music is dreary and shit too, and he can't sing to save his life.

He's sold the British people down the river, the same British people that put him where he is now, on the international stage.
Why are you wasting time on a fan site for someone you don't like, pathetic!

Re: Morrissey talks shit, his fans talk even more shit

Why are you wasting time on a fan site for someone you don't like, pathetic!

I'm entitled to my opinion, just as much as Morrissey is aren't I?

Before you get your knickers in a twist, the Mirror is hardly the Magna Carta.

The Falklands belongs to Britian! Northern Ireland belongs to Britian ! Canada belongs to Britian! Australia belongs to Britian! America belongs to Britian and Britian belongs to rothchild subhumans. It's almost here boys & girls. If you want a war, join up and git your ass over there. You won't be back!

Haha he asked for this and now he ends up a funny cartoon. Quite fitting since most of his fans look and sound like Disney cartoons.

Urbanus de la hoya cardinal (Sweden for the swedish)

They may be implying Morrissey is gay, but the trouble is he has never owned up to his sexuality. Rather, he prefers to talk (and sing) in riddles about it. Why Morrissey refuses to give his sexuality is anybody's guess when has such controversial views on most other things in life. There's nothing mysterious about it: he's either heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, or asexual (if one believes in such a thing).

Why not free your / our minds from the labels this insane so-called, "society", forces into our lives, through many various tactics. "Owning up", as you say, to ones sexuality is actually no ones business. Besides, it's all a load of bosh, when many, "gay", men are married to a natural queen with a family!! Then theirs all those industrious lesbian gals who have real male hubbies. See, sexual labels are all just trash to keep us devided and promote a non- issue, a distraction to occupy the feeble minded and genetically deficient. Now that the sky and moon and all else are gay, gay is no longer cool. It's just a label.

It seems Morrissey's latest act, trying to get media attention
in all sorta ways, on political issues

[Assad is shit, Falklands uproar , Argentina wants to claim it again, so that is this newsitem]

I wish Morrissey did as always take ' crashing bores' world, with humour
and clever, right-in tha-face short comments about issues, preferely in songs

I think his pen is not mightier than words, touring more than 1and half year
with months of taking rest, planning his ongoing tour with the same setlist.

I hope the 30th celebration of the Smiths will prove me wrong, and Morrissey
still can write touching lyrics with a sound that made Mmorrissey what he is a Legend.

[please leave politics and religion Steven dear, you should know by now, edit your bio,
so I have something to look out to read, some songs even just a new single on a new label
would give your carreer the right spirit and way to end in style]

Some people can only read and write on this poor site.

Celibate, you had to one of the man's show should go.

And not keep whining about a Smiths reunion (which is not there)

But you had to destroy your ticket (where you never have a photo of show)

As with the (almost) sold out shows morrissey proves again that he did not have the date.

Forget the Smiths reunion.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom