Article: Daily Star - Morrissey and Victoria Wood; "Victoria Wood's Nice Cup Of Tea" to air (Apr. 10

Morrissey is NOT an original artist and is NOT in any way, shape or form equivalent to The Beatles, either with The Smiths or on his own. He is a very original remixer of other cultural products and his genius was to lure in the NME into thinking he was P.C on their terms, only to bite the hand that led him to a very minor level of fame. The fact that he is subject to inappropriate adulation says more about the dearth of other talent than it does about his. He is an excellent singer, and no one who saw the first shows could have guessed such a shy little boy would blossom under the spotlight. But he snubbed a lot of people who'd given him a platform, and did it from the get-go, choosing to chart a deeply boring careerist path to conventional fame and fortune rather than bring the whole edifice crashing down. When James Maker was air-brushed, those in the know raised eyebrows and put a big felt-tip question mark over his name. It's really rather pointless to reference Warhol only to appear faux-radical, and the stitch-up of the drum'n'bass 'lawnmower parts' was ethically outrageous from the very start by both Morrissey and Marr. Rather obviously drawing on The Beatles, The Clash and Madness, sought to make out that The Smiths were another 'the last gang in town' so the Court Case was just comeuppance.

"What ambitions do you have for your music?

Not the traditional ambitions within music, we don't have them. I mean, going to Yugoslavia, to America, touring the world - that doesn't appeal to us in any small degree. We just can't kind of jump into the... er, rock 'n' roll treadmill."

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~moz/quotes/earsay.htm

Hilarious in retrospect, given the never-ending touring which suggests he is addicted to the trivial buzz of a compliant 'fan' audience, and panders to them rather than challenge them.

The Beatles wrote 'juvenile' songs like "Yellow Submarine" and "Ob-La-Di.." because they are from East Dublin (aka Liverpool) and totally understood hybrid anglo-irish culture of the céilidh where all ages merge in a celebration of family and tribal conviviality. Morrissey and The Smiths were dreadful in failing to move beyond their snob territory of 'rebellion', appealing to clueless 'hipsters' who imagine(d) that endorsing Morrissey gave them some sort of cachet and kudos. Unfortunately, Morrissey isn't very clever and increasingly reveals himself to have been a chancer all along. Some great lyrics, some great vocal performances, but absolutely nothing to compare to The Beatles. His failure to recognise them is just another example of his jealous rage at his failure.

When The Smiths first appeared some people said to me "Is he that kid who used to hang around in Moseley?" I said I wasn't sure, but it was certainly possible as he was 'very Brimingham Art's Lab, Moor Street Peace Centre Salon Society'. What I was sure of was that he had either purloined or simultaneously also discovered a very Birmingham meme about the vast talents trapped beneath the workaday world. Morrissey is really a very simple cultural algorithm, one that can be summarised as follows:

"unemployed and unknown Oscar Wilde wannabe listening to Eleanor Rigby. S&G's "I Am A Rock", "Sound of Silence", and John Donne from the local library".

As far as I can see that's about it. The later desperate boxing/bad-boy motifs and the car-crash 'politics' are just thrashing around in artistic exhaustion. There were people in Brum who came up with snappy cultural algorithms in pubs as a parlour game. I've often wondered if Morrissey nicked his persona largely from Lawrence of Belgravia and then just spiced it up, but who knows. Or cares. He's an amusing and entertaining artist, but he is not Premier League and will fade once he dies, unlike Lennon and others. I wondered if his recent health scares ( a karmically beautiful blowback boomerang from his hate-fest towards David Banda and Kate Middleton) would wake him up, but his absurd and ignorant linking of conditions in the UK to those in China and Syria was not hyperbolic, nuanced or innovative. It was just another shriek from a shrill little Smurf Troll who spends far too much time having smoke blown up his arse by another loser, Julie Burchill. Or so my sources tell me.

This amusing idea that "BrummieBoy spends too much time thinking about Morrissey" is to die for! I'm not thinking about him, he barely detains me. I'm thinking of the collapse of the entire superstructure of Fame as fraudulent and pointless. I'm thinking that the post-war detour to 'hedonism and anhedonia' in popular culture was all a waste of time. I'm thinking that the next stage of cultural evolution will not be a rehash of the past. I'm thinking of The Knife and Sigur Ros and how they are tentatively probing towards something appropriate for current reality, not the 50s to the 00s. I'm thinking of DavidT who, despite his slip-ups, is far more admirable than Morrissey in hosting genuine free speech during Web 2.0 and holding the line against censorship, especially from a ridiculous 'pop-star' who has a tantrum and runs off to issue Tort Lawsuits and appeals to The House Of Common Frauds everytime he's challenged over his trolling.

I'd have done this about The Beatles or Leonard Cohen, but it's pointless: most other sites have 'moderators' who enforce the prevailing orthodoxies of 'the cult' whether it's Paul McCartney, Morrissey or Leonard Cohen. All 3 will be taken down by me for different reasons. They'll all in it up to their necks. So, don't think i'm 'hating' on Morrissey, though I'm sure he spends a lot of time hating on me. Still.

The future is never a re-run of the past, though it sometimes rhymes. Morrissey has quite cleverly provided an aural and visual backdrop for herd consumption which suggests that he is not just a capitalist entrepreneur selling consumer products and experiences (having mostly off-loaded the risk to corporate music behemoths) but has also provided some sort of emotional and psychological sanctuary for the sick and lonely. If that's so, then he's a deeply immoral artist not to firmly reject any such role and to urge his 'followers' to stop sharing their rhinoviruses and risking life and limb to shake his hand or hug him in some delusional rehash of past tropes of 'stardom'. He needs to stop glamorising suicidal ideation and political dilettante gestures and grow up, thereby helping his troubled 'flock' to also move on.

If those 3 albums of new material are any good, they'll still be good in 10 years. Bowie has genuinely surprised and thrilled me with his motifs from mediaeval history on his new album. I'm still just scratching the surface, but it's genuinely nourishing that he put his family first, and 'fame' last. One of us met David 'several times' in the early 70s, just as the apocalypse of fame was engulfing him. That young man watched and learned, studied art and literature and music and listened to Mendelssohn in the same Town Hall that he'd watched Bowie raise the roof. He thought Bowie would do it, but Bowie got side-tracked, as did Micheal Jackson. Lennon very nearly did it but then he was murdered.....Salinger in the Bull Ring..it's time for Art-Pop to face the challenges of the world we now live in and the crises that are unfolding. The solipsism and sophistries of Morrissey suggest he has now further part to play, but you never know...in 10 years time, he could return and surprise us all. Unless he spends the next 10 years touring 'Yugoslavia' desperately highlighting the injustice that has befallen him. The fact that the entire superstructure of the capitalist gate-keeper music industry has collapsed with the Interweb, and with it Morrissey's faux-rebellion, his role as just another purveyor of 'bread and circus' rebellion as 'repressive tolerance' revealed as always having been hidden in plain sight from day one. There's more to life than 'fame', but only if you want it.....

http://www.birminghampost.net/life-...or-composer-felix-mendelssohn-65233-28922997/

Interesting stuff as usual BB.

I don't have time to go through it line by line and respond because here, some miles west of London (which is the capital city of the UK, Morrissey fans) something remarkable has happened. It's a beautiful day. "San-gree-ah in the park."

We will never know for sure how the Smiths would have developed as the plug was pulled so early, but you are right, they were another magnificent British band, along with the Stones, the Kinks, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, the Pistols, Radiohead, amongst many others, camping out in the foothills of Mount Beatles.

I was on reddit during the Olympic opening ceremony and during the celebration of British music, in which many of our American friends, in equal part mystified and amazed by it, were shocked by how much popular music came from these shores. My favourite quote was some guy who, when Firestarter boomed out, simply said with admiration "They're taking the piss now."

No-one will ever match the Beatles. Partly because of the music itself, and partly because of the cultural changes at that moment in history. They were of their time, and that time will never return.

Yesterday, wandering into town listening to my MP3 player, Vaughn Monroe's Ghost Riders In The Sky gave way to Wonderful Woman, and it was as delightful yesterday as it was the first day I heard it. But as often happens to me these days when the Smiths pop up it is beginning to carry extra baggage in the sad realisation that both Morrissey and Marr's public personas both essentially portray deeply flawed characters. In short, they don't seem to be very nice people.

Morrissey is Samson, intent on his own destruction. Victor Immature. Playcat is Dull-lilah, the spider whispering in his ear, "You've still got it."

Hard hats on, people. A musical career might fall on your head at any moment.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Daily Star - Morrissey and Victoria Wood; "Victoria Wood's Nice Cup Of T

Morrissey is NOT an original artist and is NOT in any way, shape or form equivalent to The Beatles, either with The Smiths or on his own. He is a very original remixer of other cultural products

So The Beatles didn't start out as a Hank Williams / Chuck Berry / Buddy Holly soundalike band then? They weren't "remixing" the ideas of Hank, Chuck and Buddy? Glad we've cleared that up. And who did The Smiths sound like? I agree that there's very little true originality and that the art lies in filtering influences through a different sensibility, but I'm with John Peel who wasn't the only one who said that "The Smiths arrived with a fully-formed original sound and original approach to songwriting so much so that you couldn't hear who their influences were, they weren't obviously copying anyone". You couldn't say that of The Beatles until around 66-67 (if at all).

This amusing idea that "BrummieBoy spends too much time thinking about Morrissey" is to die for! I'm not thinking about him, he barely detains me.

Your ludicrous denials convince no-one. You care enough to post your mind-numbingly long diatribes on this website on a fairly regular basis. If you didn't care about Morrissey, you would be indifferent. Indifference simply doesn't inspire such exorbitant (and redundant) wordcounts.

I dearly wish we could all be around in one hundred years time to gloat at how wrong you are about the idea that Morrissey will be forgotten. The three most important British post-war artists will always be The Beatles (and I hate them), Bowie and Morrissey. Your quasi-intellectual, sub-Paul Morley essays, packed as they are full of largely meaningless verbiage, hold no "evidence" to the contrary. Everyone can see you're just up to your usual tricks: trying to court controversy while endeavouring to demonstrate an intellectual superiority which never quite succeeds. And you have the gall to criticise others for being dull, predictable, narcissistic etc. Too funny.

Re: Article: Daily Star - Morrissey and Victoria Wood; "Victoria Wood's Nice Cup Of T

So The Beatles didn't start out as a Hank Williams / Chuck Berry / Buddy Holly soundalike band then? They weren't "remixing" the ideas of Hank, Chuck and Buddy? Glad we've cleared that up. And who did The Smiths sound like? I agree that there's very little true originality and that the art lies in filtering influences through a different sensibility, but I'm with John Peel who wasn't the only one who said that "The Smiths arrived with a fully-formed original sound and original approach to songwriting so much so that you couldn't hear who their influences were, they weren't obviously copying anyone". You couldn't say that of The Beatles until around 66-67 (if at all).

Your ludicrous denials convince no-one. You care enough to post your mind-numbingly long diatribes on this website on a fairly regular basis. If you didn't care about Morrissey, you would be indifferent. Indifference simply doesn't inspire such exorbitant (and redundant) wordcounts.

I dearly wish we could all be around in one hundred years time to gloat at how wrong you are about the idea that Morrissey will be forgotten. The three most important British post-war artists will always be The Beatles (and I hate them), Bowie and Morrissey. Your quasi-intellectual, sub-Paul Morley essays, packed as they are full of largely meaningless verbiage, hold no "evidence" to the contrary. Everyone can see you're just up to your usual tricks: trying to court controversy while endeavouring to demonstrate an intellectual superiority which never quite succeeds. And you have the gall to criticise others for being dull, predictable, narcissistic etc. Too funny.

I agree with every point you've made. Refreshing to read a post that makes sense.

I don't have time to go through it line by line and respond because here, some miles west of London (which is the capital city of the UK, Morrissey fans) something remarkable has happened. It's a beautiful day. "San-gree-ah in the park."

We will never know for sure how the Smiths would have developed as the plug was pulled so early, but you are right, they were another magnificent British band, along with the Stones, the Kinks, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, the Pistols, Radiohead, amongst many others, camping out in the foothills of Mount Beatles.

I was on reddit during the Olympic opening ceremony and during the celebration of British music, in which many of our American friends, in equal part mystified and amazed by it, were shocked by how much popular music came from these shores. My favourite quote was some guy who, when Firestarter boomed out, simply said with admiration "They're taking the piss now."

No-one will ever match the Beatles. Partly because of the music itself, and partly because of the cultural changes at that moment in history. They were of their time, and that time will never return.

Yesterday, wandering into town listening to my MP3 player, Vaughn Monroe's Ghost Riders In The Sky gave way to Wonderful Woman, and it was as delightful yesterday as it was the first day I heard it. But as often happens to me these days when the Smiths pop up it is beginning to carry extra baggage in the sad realisation that both Morrissey and Marr's public personas both essentially portray deeply flawed characters. In short, they don't seem to be very nice people.

Morrissey is Samson, intent on his own destruction. Victor Immature. Playcat is Dull-lilah, the spider whispering in his ear, "You've still got it."

I've been away for a while
Anyway I thought I would catch up ! What the F. . . . is going on ?
The Iron bitch has died and !!!! And we are talking about . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .tea ! Brilliant.
Victoria if I'd known you were going to visit him I would have advised you to treat him to a song writers dictionary, a pen and some paper and tell him to get writing instead of buying him Benny's hat off Crossroads.
All the lazy bastard is gonna do now is get 'the band' to rehearse Magaret on the guilitine for his up-coming Argentine gig.
Oh I can see him now with his chest stuck out like a fat red robin ranting bile about "their islands" as though he killed her himself. The band dressed in witch is dead t-shirts.
The man has gone radio rental if you ask me, oh well I'll go and have crap cup o tea and drown my sorrows eh ?

Benny-the-butcher

We had 'Perfect Day' as our wedding song in 91, before it went mega. Your comment concisely and poetically conveys exactly how I feel.

I'm off to see Ludovico Einaudi at Birmingham Symphony Hall tonight. I'd never heard of him until today, when a friend said he was going and I had a listen...it's beautiful. There's so much wonderful music out there.

I, too, prefer to remember walking around Hackney in the rain, LOL-ing at a cassette of early Smiths. I'll still go to the odd gig 'for old times sake' to catch up with a few people. The Show has always been as much about The Audience as it has been about Morrissey trapped and isolated on stage. I hope he finds peace of mind and peace in his heart.

It's been almost 30 years since Hand In Glove. I think most of the attention he's had has been an echo of the jaw-dropping shock of hearing Rory Gallagher play Smokey Robinson songs with a seriously talented 'minor poet' ululating on top of it all. He was good in his time, and that's more than enough. His life appears to be both cliche and cautionary tale: be careful what you wish for.

My advice to young people is see through fame, see a future beyond that nonsense. Fame is a curse, and once you cross the Rubicon, you can't go back. I hope I avoid it for as long as possible, but I've accepted my 'via dolorosa' might erupt at any time. All it will probably take is one YouTube video. And a few gigs. It's always 'word of mouth'. Never hype.

All the best 'Johnny Barleycorn'.

'BrummieBoy'

http://www.leonardcohen.com/us/blog/leonard-cohen-minute-leonard-cohen-minor-poet

"On Saturday the 19th of January 2013 at 9pm (Rome GTM) on my Youtube Channel, I've played for you live from home for one hour alone with my piano some of the music from my new album In a Time Lapse.With love. Ludovico"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4ImZTkeCHgA#!

Unfortunately for you, you have zero credibility or authority as an 'anonymous' sniper, but I have depth, gravitas and cultural authority in every word I write. Morrissey has speciously claimed originality without recognising he stands on the shoulders of giants. He's done that even after his tapestry of plagiarisms were gently pointed out. He recanted then returned to his nonsense 'uniqueness' yet again. John Peel was a very dubious character and his early behaviour towards groupies has absolutely trashed his reputation, and had done so before he died for anyone with any insight. His ridiculous obscurantism in retrospect is no more interesting than any one of the thousands of music blogs now available at the click of a mouse. I've no idea what you mean by 'important', given you don't mention the artists Johnny Barleycorn lists: the Stones, the Kinks, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, the Pistols, Radiohead. I personally think that Nick Drake will be remembered for centuries to come. He was a bona-fide genius and his dark distress was not a fabrication. "Rory Gallagher play Smokey Robinson songs with a seriously talented 'minor poet' ululating" that's The Smiths. John Peel was no curator, just a trainspotter. There's a difference.

I'm quite obviously a 'serious intellectual'. I doubt there's many on the planet who could hold their own with me. Camille Paglia, maybe. Can't think of anyone else offhand who'd have the scan of allusion. Oh, Philip Pullman, perhaps. Oh, and I can assure you that Posterity will judge me a far more innovative and radical artist than Morrissey, simply on the strength of a few emails I wrote to world leaders in the run-up to 20:12, 20/12, 2012. I changed the world, shook it to it's foundations. You might live to realise that, but I've no desire to be known to herd culture, so don't hold your breath. 2021. Copacabana Beach. Maybe...we'll see...

I agree with every point you've made. Refreshing to read a post that makes sense.

Unfortunately, yours doesn't make sense. Not that it matters what 'anonymous' thinks. Or writes.

We had 'Perfect Day' as our wedding song in 91, before it went mega. Your comment concisely and poetically conveys exactly how I feel.

I'm off to see Ludovico Einaudi at Birmingham Symphony Hall tonight. I'd never heard of him until today, when a friend said he was going and I had a listen...it's beautiful. There's so much wonderful music out there.

I, too, prefer to remember walking around Hackney in the rain, LOL-ing at a cassette of early Smiths. I'll still go to the odd gig 'for old times sake' to catch up with a few people. The Show has always been as much about The Audience as it has been about Morrissey trapped and isolated on stage. I hope he finds peace of mind and peace in his heart.

It's been almost 30 years since Hand In Glove. I think most of the attention he's had has been an echo of the jaw-dropping shock of hearing Rory Gallagher play Smokey Robinson songs with a seriously talented 'minor poet' ululating on top of it all. He was good in his time, and that's more than enough. His life appears to be both cliche and cautionary tale: be careful what you wish for.

My advice to young people is see through fame, see a future beyond that nonsense. Fame is a curse, and once you cross the Rubicon, you can't go back. I hope I avoid it for as long as possible, but I've accepted my 'via dolorosa' might erupt at any time. All it will probably take is one YouTube video. And a few gigs. It's always 'word of mouth'. Never hype.

All the best 'Johnny Barleycorn'.

'BrummieBoy'

http://www.leonardcohen.com/us/blog/leonard-cohen-minute-leonard-cohen-minor-poet

"On Saturday the 19th of January 2013 at 9pm (Rome GTM) on my Youtube Channel, I've played for you live from home for one hour alone with my piano some of the music from my new album In a Time Lapse.With love. Ludovico"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4ImZTkeCHgA#!

I've just watched your (some) Ludovico clip BB and I love it, let us know how it went

B the B

I've just watched your (some) Ludovico clip BB and I love it, let us know how it went

B the B

We wanted tickets for Einaudi but we couldn't get them. My son's a fan. Definitely at the populist end of the spectrum, but plaintive and simple.

P.

Unfortunately, yours doesn't make sense. Not that it matters what 'anonymous' thinks. Or writes.

I have no doubt not much makes sense to you, BrummieBoy. It does, however, appear to matter to you. You certainly can't seem to avoid the bait.

we come not to seek fame: But to destroy it!

I usually mildly enjoy your rhetoric, but you lost me at hello; as in "You Say Hello and I Say Goodbye", yet another example of a mindless, trivial, throw away, sugar-coated pop song produced by the Beatles. I am not dismissing their significant contribution to popular music; I am simply stating that they were equally guilty of producing shit songs, but they are always given a pass just because they are the Beatles. No objective, honest scrutiny is applied. Funny, that sounds like the same blind devotion that gets Morrissey fans brutally attacked on this site. Recently, someone suggested that I 'breathe' when writing because I tend to be a bit wordy; I can only imagine with your lengthy, rambling diatribes that you are sporting a scuba tank and wearing a rather ripe pair of adult diapers. You equate my unyielding admiration of Morrissey to being a brainwashed cult member, but I hope you realize that you are the only person here that writes multiple, multi-page manifestos for every single thread. It seems that we share this obsession; mine, however, is derived from respect and reverence, while yours is founded in contempt and jealousy. So, who is really wasting more time?

With love from America,
lynnda

I usually mildly enjoy your rhetoric, but you lost me at hello; as in "You Say Hello and I Say Goodbye", yet another example of a mindless, trivial, throw away, sugar-coated pop song produced by the Beatles. I am not dismissing their significant contribution to popular music; I am simply stating that they were equally guilty of producing shit songs, but they are always given a pass just because they are the Beatles. No objective, honest scrutiny is applied. Funny, that sounds like the same blind devotion that gets Morrissey fans brutally attacked on this site. Recently, someone suggested that I 'breathe' when writing because I tend to be a bit wordy; I can only imagine with your lengthy, rambling diatribes that you are sporting a scuba tank and wearing a rather ripe pair of adult diapers. You equate my unyielding admiration of Morrissey to being a brainwashed cult member, but I hope you realize that you are the only person here that writes multiple, multi-page manifestos for every single thread. It seems that we share this obsession; mine, however, is derived from respect and reverence, while yours is founded in contempt and jealousy. So, who is really wasting more time?

With love from America,
lynnda

How do I know you're lynnda? you might be another anonymous pretending to be the anonymous who claimed they were called 'lynnda'? If you can't be bothered to register, why on earth do you keep replying to someone who doesn't care who you are, never mind you reappraisal of The Beatles songbook? I don't write this stuff, my secretary, Sharon does. I just dictate some stuff on the fly, in a jazz improvisation stylee. It isn't difficult! Take your 'respect and reverence' and shove it. I'm contemptuous? Morrissey's comments on David Banda were contemptuous as he's a little boy who was bullied and ridiculed by a failed 'pop star' jealous of that boy's mother. Totally pathetic behaviour. I've just returned from a Ludovico Einaudi concert. The idea that any moderately adjusted person would be 'jealous' of a washed up careerist troll is very droll. I'm not wasting my time. I'm developing a radical re-write of human consciousness, this is light relief when I get exhausted with concocting new existential paradigms. Morrissey is now a text-book case of "How Not To Do It". He deserves fawning toady 'fans' like you, who revere him so much they can't even be bothered to register on a 'fan' forum. What a compliment to him! You deserve each other. Have fun together!

A rehash of your previous statements, nothing added except an attempted insult which smells of FAIL! All other responses from you will also be stinky FAIL! You're just silly. Bye lynnda, any further attempts by you to bask in the surplus glow of the super-troopers trained on me will be answered by my Secretary Sista Sharon 'Uma' McCormick. Or by one of our scantily-clad interns. You have been terminated for the crime of being a boring 'anonymous' like all the others.

I have no doubt not much makes sense to you, BrummieBoy. It does, however, appear to matter to you. You certainly can't seem to avoid the bait.

are you the same anonymous as the previous anonymous or are you 'lyndda can't be arsed to register anonymous'? am i supposed to care?

don't use the word 'bait', it implies animal or fish cruelty and Morrissey would be sad if he knew. maybe i typed this 'anonymous' comment? Kewpie, did I? I can't remember. Not that I care.

B the B

It was really stunning. Cathartic. Ecstatic reaction at the end. I won't sleep tonight because there's only so much beauty the ears, eyes and mind can process. It was overwhelming. I'd love to hear him work with a vocalist. Morrissey would be an excellent choice. "Songs From My Near Death Experience" kind of thing. He did the soundtrack to the skinhead homage: "This Is England 86" , which I recognised once it started. And he's Italian. Skinheads. Italy- so Moz probably loves him. LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpNaYvTXEEo

Birmingham Symphony Hall is widely recognised as the best concert venue in the world. Tonight was special. Life-changing music and the very outer limits of what I've experienced at a concert. I'd never even heard his music other than the Skinhead soundtrack before today.

"It is only when we become aware that our time is limited that we can channel our energy into truly living" - Ludovico Einaudi.

"In A Time Lapse is the representation of the bringing together all of life’s experience and emotions into a single moment of time. Recorded in a remote monastery near Verona"

"there's a deeply satisfying emotional logic to his piano-based progressions that makes him as much the inheritor of Chopin and Satie as minimalists such as Glass and Reich."

We wanted tickets for Einaudi but we couldn't get them. My son's a fan. Definitely at the populist end of the spectrum, but plaintive and simple.

P.

Your son has seriously good taste! It ranged from plaintive and simple to absolute riff repetition mayhem. I was gob-smacked. Can't believe I've never come across this before, can't wait to devour it over the next few weeks.

"Nightbook 11" [52m 45s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAuwd-4yYHE

How do I know you're lynnda? you might be another anonymous pretending to be the anonymous who claimed they were called 'lynnda'? If you can't be bothered to register, why on earth do you keep replying to someone who doesn't care who you are, never mind you reappraisal of The Beatles songbook? I don't write this stuff, my secretary, Sharon does. I just dictate some stuff on the fly, in a jazz improvisation stylee. It isn't difficult! Take your 'respect and reverence' and shove it. I'm contemptuous? Morrissey's comments on David Banda were contemptuous as he's a little boy who was bullied and ridiculed by a failed 'pop star' jealous of that boy's mother. Totally pathetic behaviour. I've just returned from a Ludovico Einaudi concert. The idea that any moderately adjusted person would be 'jealous' of a washed up careerist troll is very droll. I'm not wasting my time. I'm developing a radical re-write of human consciousness, this is light relief when I get exhausted with concocting new existential paradigms. Morrissey is now a text-book case of "How Not To Do It". He deserves fawning toady 'fans' like you, who revere him so much they can't even be bothered to register on a 'fan' forum. What a compliment to him! You deserve each other. Have fun together!

A rehash of your previous statements, nothing added except an attempted insult which smells of FAIL! All other responses from you will also be stinky FAIL! You're just silly. Bye lynnda, any further attempts by you to bask in the surplus glow of the super-troopers trained on me will be answered by my Secretary Sista Sharon 'Uma' McCormick. Or by one of our scantily-clad interns. You have been terminated for the crime of being a boring 'anonymous' like all the others.

Actually, I have the guts to use my given name while you hide behind a pseudonym, Dummie Boy, technically making you more anonymous than I. I have not registered simply because I was told to do so, and I am not a fan of conformity. As for reading your endless, tedious banter, it makes me want to put on the Talking Heads because all I can hear is David Byrne singing "you're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything. As for the "failed Pop Star", I am sure he would gladly list his professional accomplishments against yours, and,as in so many other areas, you will probably come up short. As for your self-titled improvisational style, many on this site would equate it to the psychotic mumblings of the next uni-bomber. Are your scantily clad interns free to leave the premises, or are they bound to a wall in a soundproof room that can't be found on the blueprints of your house. Why do I bother responding to you, isn't the real question why do you feel the need to respond to everyone. Is someone desperate for attention? Pobrecito! Lastly, if you want to insult someone, 'silly' and 'stinky' do not really make that much of an impact, unless of course you are six and sitting in a sandbox. I was expecting better, but, presumably, like every other woman who has had contact with you, I am feeling disappointed. Oh wait, it wasn't even that relevant, so let's replace disappointed with utterly bored.

Brummie, I don't understand why you care if someone posts as "anonymous" when you claim to be a collective. Beyond that,we are ALL posting anonymously except David T. I like your posts but that seems out of character and cheap. It's the sort of thing that people here use as an out when they have nothing else to say. Certainly a good argument is much more impressive than pointing out that they are not posting with their Government Name.

2@Fc1kINAMTQbZGQqfr6RUQ69MkzEcvvro@VV4QodPf5X0ENU8bgrS6nn9APTC4lJjodeMu3UQXe8QzkYbCAFG2mu2XCI14QM7bpA2W-IeMS-q1mWJ1UeiPvNX.xQMDZBmlaxX4Gtt7Gs-xO84yp1wo0aG7nue7FWFH3nV-MvBgTQlwgCvAIwVoKLKiVn0Tylb4dm4RBAJ3I4.WUGN1C29orrYDBhPXVvEZklJP.u-yDpDM.-05a91zkqQ3UiN.0I4owWULcA5JSJZQ9rIqw9d3.-8TXRCAMwpHVAQkOhXsLFRR0oFHR46liXMvJdKsPx4mJkhFXIK0uoA

that is my unique identifer. Nice to meet you.

With love from America,
lynnda

I think if you like an artist you like them on a ratio of how many of their songs you enjoy rather than faithfully adoring every track. There are whole swathes of the White Album I cannot bear, but that doesn't stop me having eighty Beatles songs in my pocket when I leave the house. That a high ratio of their entire canon, and Bowie and others are in similar territory. I have every Smiths track except Death At One's Elbow, those awful Marr instrumentals and Work Is A Four Letter Word. Marr was certainly right on that one.

I mentioned the Pistols as a great British band but I only have three of their songs on the iPod. They are a great British band because of the visceral anger, and when God Save The Queen blasts out it is still thrilling even today. My love of that song also indicates that my main problem with Morrissey's anti-Monarchy stance is the sheer tedium of it.

During Beatlemania I'd guess there were kids who loved or tried to love every utterance, just as I did with the Smiths, or kids do now with Bieber, or some still try to do with Morrissey. He isn't infallible. He wrote Roy's Keen. I've maintained Kill Uncle is a poor effort in part because it was the first Morrissey release that I couldn't love even after trying extremely hard.

Last edited:

Actually, I have the guts to use my given name while you hide behind a pseudonym, Brummie Boy, technically making you more anonymous than I. [not a pseudonym: I've changed my name by Deed Poll to Brummie Boy] I have not registered simply because I was told to do so, and I am not a fan of conformity. As for reading your endless, tedious banter, it makes me want to put on the Talking Heads because all I can hear is David Byrne singing "you're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything. [but you can't just look away, can you? ]As for the "failed Pop Star", I am sure he would gladly list his professional accomplishments [yes, he's a career cororate rock mini-star. i'm not, never wanted to be, could easily have been,etc. and your point is?]against yours, and,as in so many other areas, you will probably come up short. As for your self-titled improvisational style, many on this site would equate it to the psychotic mumblings of the next uni-bomber. [fantastic compliment, we'll use it on the Manifesto blurb] Are your scantily clad interns free to leave the premises, or are they bound to a wall in a soundproof room that can't be found on the blueprints of your house. [yes, we have a dungeon. I'm 52 Shades of Grey, with a big fat Brummie beef cock, etc] Why do I bother responding to you,[discuss with your therapist] isn't the real question why do you feel the need to respond to everyone. Is someone desperate for attention? [i'll ask my therapist in about 20 mins time, good question..*smirks*] Pobrecito![hey! if you post under your legal name, you best quit the curse words or Wal-Mart will let you go from that greeter gig!] Lastly, if you want to insult someone, 'silly' and 'stinky' do not really make that much of an impact, unless of course you are six and sitting in a sandbox. [wot? Spanish diss from some bint is meant to be betta? nah! juz more Yank wank jiz]I was expecting better, but, presumably, like every other woman who has had contact with you, I am feeling disappointed. Oh wait, it wasn't even that relevant, so let's replace disappointed with utterly bored.[i can categorically guarantee you that no women who has ever had my tongue on her clit for more than a minute has been 'disppointed' or 'utterly bored'. Pleaded for an oxygen mask, yes..

Brummie Boy on location in So Cal:

jack lawrence Brummie Boy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom