Article by Barbara Ellen in today's Observer

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
As always, apologies for the shitty scan, and Flickr resizing...

2393802154_baf0d760fb_b.jpg

I can't find it in the online version, sorry.

Peter

Thank you very much Peter.

Barbara Ellen is very patronizing.
We enjoy listening and talking about Morrissey/Smiths' work, not worshiping him.

thanks Peter,
:)

Amazingly it didnt make my blood boil as much as those articles usually do, she seemed to 'get' the gist of his reasons for sueing etc...
unusual for a journalist i know... *sniggers*

Thanks for sharing this!

To be honest, I didn't really understand this article. She started off sounding very sarcastic and then ended up, I don't know. Could someone summarize this article for me? :)

Amazingly it didn't make my blood boil as much as those articles usually do
Same here but maybe that's just because I didn't fully understand lol.

They chose a good picture at least. It makes me so angry when people put in the worst picture they can find :mad:

Last edited:
Hmmm...Barbara Ellen is a contributing writer, not a picture editor of The Observer.

Thanks for posting the scan. Very interesting.

As always, apologies for the shitty scan, and Flickr resizing...

I can't find it in the online version, sorry.

Peter

Your efforts, as always, are much appreciated.

On the article: when are people going to understand that in the long run rock and roll just isn't revolutionary in any serious political sense? A band can point beyond itself to other ways of thinking. That's all. It seems like a common occurrence now to see writers are coming forward to bemoan the fact that all these years later rock music hasn't changed the world the way they wanted it to. Did anybody pay attention to the Sixties? Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom