Article: Billy Bragg takes on Morrissey over slam of London Olympics’ ‘blustering jingoism’ - Slicin

Re: Article: Billy Bragg takes on Morrissey over slam of London Olympics’ ‘blustering

You're an idiot

if he had said "His band members are a joke", it would have made sense. He said "His band are a joke", which is INCORRECT. It should read his bands are a joke, if Morrissey had more than one band. Your cut-n-paste grammar lesson from some other website does not support the context that other anonymous twat used

And as far as my sentence context goes, if you bothered to come around more than once a month like you obviously do, you'd know what my paragraph motifs look like and why one starts with a capital letter while the next doesn't
It did make sense because his 'band' has more than one member. and like you say if he said bands that would mean more than one band, it all works itself out.

Re: Article: Billy Bragg takes on Morrissey over slam of London Olympics’ ‘blustering

So Moz wants to talk about jingoism when wholeheartedly supporting Israel which is just a settler-colonialist state and issuing statements in live performances about Syria at a time when U.S., British, and Western European forces are actively collaborating with Israel, Turkey, and Al Qaeda to try to bring the government down? Hmmm.... Hypocrisy much?

Moz has truly lost his head. Hopefully a retirement is in order.

Hmmm... Please look deeper into this situation than what seems to be presenting itself! Maybe, just mabe Morrissey really does give a hoot about ALL living beings and the people of Israel are human beings deserving of human dignity! The same for America and yes, England too! Why? Come on all! You know the common man and lady of any nation is not the shot-caller for wars and inhumanity! Do you really think all in America were on board with George Alligiya?
Well past 60% if the Israeli people do NOT want wars or inhumanity to others! They want what all human people want, health, home, family & friends, prosperity & peace.
Maybe, by going to Israel, Morrisseys message of LOVE for ALL living beings was the moral high ground in not just talking the talk, but walking the walk! I dunno, just a passing thought... Boy oh boy... The hand writing is on the wall people. Can anybody read?? Love each other before it's too late.

You just don't understand collective nouns and their use in everyday English I'm afraid.

Pretty sure I do, considering part of my job is editing magazines and newspapers

Oh, and while we're talking correct/incorrect, you might like to use a capital letter for 'European' and put a full stop at the end of your ramblings.

Ahahahaha I can hear the scraping sound at the bottom of your barrel from here, as you imply that I had no idea "European" was capitalized and my sentences beginning with a capital letter never have periods at the end of them. That can't possibly be intentional, now can it? Oh heavens

what's next, you're going to point out that 'smiths' and 'morrissey' aren't capitalized in my screen name?

Your paragraph motifs? What f***ing trip are you on?

It's called 'posting on the internet and not giving a f*** about capitalization or punctuation', you hamhock. And your argument is about as appealing as a bowel movement at this point

How pretentious!

WELL DUH

like, welcome to So-low, you daft anonymous twat.

It did make sense because his 'band' has more than one member.

wrong again.

He was referring to Morrissey's current backing band, as a collective. Therefore, his current bad IS terrible, not his current band ARE terrible

Hmmm... Please look deeper into this situation than what seems to be presenting itself! Maybe, just mabe Morrissey really does give a hoot about ALL living beings and the people of Israel are human beings deserving of human dignity! The same for America and yes, England too! Why? Come on all! You know the common man and lady of any nation is not the shot-caller for wars and inhumanity! Do you really think all in America were on board with George Alligiya?
Well past 60% if the Israeli people do NOT want wars or inhumanity to others! They want what all human people want, health, home, family & friends, prosperity & peace.
Maybe, by going to Israel, Morrisseys message of LOVE for ALL living beings was the moral high ground in not just talking the talk, but walking the walk! I dunno, just a passing thought... Boy oh boy... The hand writing is on the wall people. Can anybody read?? Love each other before it's too late.

I'm afraid anyone who uses the phrase "Boy oh boy" renders their entire post null and void.

Sorry, I can't change that.

It's the law.

I'm afraid anyone who uses the phrase "Boy oh boy" renders their entire post null and void.

Sorry, I can't change that.

It's the law.

With rash, blind -sided judgementalism displayed in YOUR post, you unwittingly proved the object of your distain correct! We could say ALOT more, but you git the general idea.

"The woMAN of my dream never came along. The woMAN of my dreams? Thank GOD there never was one!

I know, right? Ironic coming from somebody who posts as "Thesmithsmorrissey"

unless of course, you take into consideration that it's completely tongue-in-cheek because I'm posting on a Smiths/Morrissey message board.

And now I'm laughing at you for being dumb enough to miss that :lbf:

It's "The Smiths' and it's "Morrissey". Your tongue may be in your cheek, but your head's also in your arse.

regards

Just unfair and boring, those of us living here so used we have been to the negative side of the face of Britain, all the terrible wasters, the foul mouthed, the weeping X factor drudgery, Jamie oliver, and now a wholesome worthy hard working, talented show of British youth becomes apparent and all he can do is harp on about royals and jingoism, what happened to his English heart? and not just G.B. the World is here and the crowd cheer them ALL on in a spirit so far removed from Nazi Germany that it makes me sick to read his ill informed spiteful remarks, why drag EVERYBODY down, first the appalling comments on the Norwegian massacre and now this, never would have thought I could fall out of love with him, its beyond words really, how can anyone defend him?

With rash, blind -sided judgementalism displayed in YOUR post, you unwittingly proved the object of your distain correct! We could say ALOT more, but you git the general idea.

"We?" As in the royal "we"?

I'm glad that all of you have managed to grasp the finer points of sarcasm and an attempt at humour.

Now. How about you sign in?

Just unfair and boring, those of us living here so used we have been to the negative side of the face of Britain, all the terrible wasters, the foul mouthed, the weeping X factor drudgery, Jamie oliver, and now a wholesome worthy hard working, talented show of British youth becomes apparent and all he can do is harp on about royals and jingoism, what happened to his English heart? and not just G.B. the World is here and the crowd cheer them ALL on in a spirit so far removed from Nazi Germany that it makes me sick to read his ill informed spiteful remarks, why drag EVERYBODY down, first the appalling comments on the Norwegian massacre and now this, never would have thought I could fall out of love with him, its beyond words really, how can anyone defend him?

Well said.

I have just watched Mo Farah win GBs 27th gold medal with 80,000 people in the stadium from around the globe roaring him on. The idea Morrissey could compare such a genuine and joyous occasion to Nazi Germany is insulting on so many levels. It insults us here in the present day, as well as the victims of the Third Reich. It is not only bitter and nasty in and of itself, it is utterly ignorant.

This despicable past-it old queen has somehow managed to outdo himself for unpleasantness. Loathesome. For God's sake retire.

Well said.

I have just watched Mo Farah win GBs 27th gold medal with 80,000 people in the stadium from around the globe roaring him on. The idea Morrissey could compare such a genuine and joyous occasion to Nazi Germany is insulting on so many levels. It insults us here in the present day, as well as the victims of the Third Reich. It is not only bitter and nasty in and of itself, it is utterly ignorant.

This despicable past-it old queen has somehow managed to outdo himself for unpleasantness. Loathesome. For God's sake retire.

beige slacks promoters dream name

Well said.

Morrissey made those comments after the garish opening ceremony - has this not been cleared up yet? I was there when Morrissey said it, and he wasn't referring to any of the events.

Awesome Olympics. Well done London. I want to live there! Greatest Olympics ever....

Well said.

Well, I've just got back from Hyde Park where 45,000 people cheered Mr M Farah on to an unbelievable victory in the 5,000m. I don't think I've ever witnessed so much joy.
Union flags as far as the eye could see waving in celebration of a black Somalian refugee - an amazing thing to see.
Minutes later the same (mainly British) crowd cheered on the Jamaicans to a new world record in the 4x100m with the same deafening support. Usain Bolt then celebrates his victory with a tribute to Mo Farah.
Really, Morrissey's comments on this are so idiotic it's hard to know where to start. As I've said before, he needs to STFU, disappear for 6 months, and go and write some amazing songs. His thoughts on the Olympics are among the stupidest he's ever aired.

It's "The Smiths' and it's "Morrissey". Your tongue may be in your cheek, but your head's also in your arse.

regards

I can live with that, brummie

Well said.

that roaring ovation was probably piped-in, artificially.

And retiring won't shut Morrissey up. Nothing will. So can it, you tosser

that roaring ovation was probably piped-in, artificially.

And retiring won't shut Morrissey up. Nothing will. So can it, you tosser

I thought I saw you accuse someone of living in a dream world in another thread. I might have dreamed it though. If I didn't, it would be splendidly ironic.

P.

I thought I saw you accuse someone of living in a dream world in another thread. I might have dreamed it though. If I didn't, it would be splendidly ironic.

P.

I swear I could feel the backdrift of that remark I made flying straight over your head, Mr. Skins

but please show me the thread where you saw me accusing somebody of living in a dream world. I forget which one it was and it sounds hilarious

I swear I could feel the backdrift of that remark I made flying straight over your head, Mr. Skins

but please show me the thread where you saw me accusing somebody of living in a dream world. I forget which one it was and it sounds hilarious

Here it is, where you ask someone how big a bubble they are living in. You could get all semantic if you like, and say it's not the same.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...o-quot?p=1986731890&viewfull=1#post1986731890

Have a nice day,

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom