Article: “Morrissey has two albums’ worth of songs ready,” says guitarist Jesse Tobias - Uncut (Jan.

Re: "Morrissey has two albums worth of songs ready..." - Jesse Tobias

Two albums of songs written by Jesse Tobias?

UPDATE Nov. 27:

Image of the cover posted by intlplayboy / Tumblr:

uncut_201401.jpg

“Morrissey has two albums’ worth of songs ready,” says guitarist Jesse Tobias
- uncut.co.uk

Morrissey has two albums of songs prepared, his guitarist Jesse Tobias reveals in the new issue of Uncut, out on Thursday (November 28).

Tobias explains that the singer, whose last full-length release was 2009’s Years Of Refusal, has a huge wealth of material ready to record and release.

“We’re long overdue for the studio,” he says. “There are two albums’ worth of songs ready.

“I’ve heard almost everything and feel it’s some of the strongest material to date. Musically diverse. Anthemic. Even in their infant stages the songs excite me.”

Morrissey’s friends and bandmates chart the singer’s turbulent year in the new Uncut, taking in illness, hospital stays, meat-free arenas and cancelled tours, as well as the huge success of his Autobiography.

The new issue of Uncut, dated January 2014, is out on Thursday (November 28).

Visit our dedicated features section, with plenty of our best long pieces archived there. You can find it here.

Uncut is now available as a digital edition! Download here on your iPad/iPhone and here on your Kindle Fire or Nook.

Last edited by a moderator:

Considering he said he's "heard" a lot of it, that basically means he hasn't written some of it. Probably another combination of Whyte/Boorer & Jesse.

Re: "Morrissey has two albums worth of songs ready" - Jesse Tobias

I question Jesse Tobias' taste level.

It really doesn't matter if he's got half a dozen albums worth of songs because if they're anything like the last offerings its over before it began.
Maybe Tobasco is confused and its one album with an "Extra special limited re-mixed collectors rare extra track and a tacky badge edition" behind it (might even be a blue rose in it). We all know the score and how it works by now surely.

Knowing me Benny-the-Butcher knowing you Steven Patrick ! AH HA !!!!

yes, but are those 2 album worth of songs actually good or subpar albums

You've already heard 1/3 of what would be one of those albums...so, need you ask?

I don't mind if the songs are written by Tobias. I don't seem to share the hatred for him that most others here do. I love "If you don't like me then don't look at me". On the other hand if they are songs like "People...", "Kid's a looker" then keep them in a box.

- marred.

I Get the feeling a record deal is round the corner in 2014, and I know the album will be a classic , to shut up all the doubters, u know who u are . : )

Last edited by a moderator:

They should ask if Jessie Tobias is vegan because Brummie Boy says he is, but I want to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Thanks !! Let's just hope that something will eventually happen......
Cheers Moz

I Get the feeling a record deal is round the corner in 2014, and I know the album will be a classic , to shut up all the doubters, u know who u are . : )

Well you know, first they bitch that he HASN’T released new material in ages then when its announced that he has new material they already assume it’s gonna suck. The man can’t win. That’s just the way it is around here.

He should retire now the Autobiography is out. When he is interviewed, he doesn't even sound like he has anything else to offer musically.

As above, we know three of the songs and compared to previous material from the last 3 albums, they are poor IMHO.

Be sad to see him churning poor material out for the sake of 'it' (it being money).

Ok then, question ! Who thinks the book has. . . . . . A) won him new favour/fans

B) Damaged him

C) Other (please state by notes not chapters)

Knowing me knowing Moz AH-HA!!!!!

Benny-the-Butcher (Don't forget turkey's are for Christmas ! Your the one for me fatty)

He should retire now the Autobiography is out. When he is interviewed, he doesn't even sound like he has anything else to offer musically.

As above, we know three of the songs and compared to previous material from the last 3 albums, they are poor IMHO.

Be sad to see him churning poor material out for the sake of 'it' (it being money).

"Oh? And What's so stinking about it?

So what's he waiting for ? Oh yes silly me someone to take a punt on him and bankroll him. Why would anybody invest in a man who can't write decent song, is an awkward nasty evil shit with a massive list of broken friendships and is un-insurable health wise ?

"I'm out"

I think no matter what Morrissey released on a new record there would still be people here who would never be pleased.He could put out the best stuff ever and people still would piss and moan.It wasn`t like the old days anymore...well guess what it isn`t the old days anymore.Things change.I don`t get what people have against Jesse.I think he`s done some pretty cool stuff.I also happened to love YOR.Just my two cents.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom